Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

40 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Why was Trump not there again?

It was a nice day for golf! 

Officially, he didn't want to add to the security for the funeral.

As if there wasn't a bunch of Secret Service agents there anyway. Personally, I was glad not to have to see him push his way to the front for pictures!

9 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

It was a nice day for golf! 

Officially, he didn't want to add to the security for the funeral.

As if there wasn't a bunch of Secret Service agents there anyway. Personally, I was glad not to have to see him push his way to the front for pictures!

President's don't usually attend first lady funerals.  The last President to attend a first lady funeral; was John Kennedy attending's Elenor Roosevelt's funeral. It's probably a good thing Trump wasn't there.

He will have to show up if Bush and Carter, die during his term.  It's customary the sitting President speak at a previous President's funeral.

I think Hannity counts as part of the Trump cabinet.

Hannity’s chosen investment strategy is confirmed by thousands of pages of public records reviewed by the Guardian, which detail a real estate portfolio of remarkable scale that has not previously been reported.

The records link Hannity to a group of shell companies that spent at least $90m on more than 870 homes in seven states over the past decade. The properties range from luxurious mansions to rentals for low-income families. Hannity is the hidden owner behind some of the shell companies and his attorney did not dispute that he owns all of them.

Dozens of the properties were bought at a discount in 2013, after banks foreclosed on their previous owners for defaulting on mortgages. Before and after then, Hannity sharply criticised Barack Obama for the US foreclosure rate. In January 2016, Hannity said there were “millions more Americans suffering under this president” partly because of foreclosures.

3 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

He will have to show up if Bush and Carter, die during his term.  It's customary the sitting President speak at a previous President's funeral.

I wondered about that in an earlier post.  I wonder if he actually would show. Granted, politics is politics, but has any sitting president trashed his predecessors like Trump has?  I remember a fairly recent tweet where he questioned W's intelligence, and we all know he is obsessed with Obama.  I think he may well skip a presidential funeral.  Also, Obama's presidential library may also open during 2020......such events are also ones which sitting presidents attend.

Archived