Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

London Calling: Martins House of Commons Official Offseason Twitter thread, Crumpets and Biscuits(Cheerleaders) extra

SWFLSkins

I agree with most of the rant. The way people freak out about grades, steals and reaches is insane. As if media guys know 1/10 as much as GMs...

BUT SM did get himself a ring when he was GM at Seattle for the 2013 season.

He was not GM in Seattle

BUT SM did get himself a ring when he was GM at Seattle for the 2013 season.  

He arguably also helped build a perennial playoff contender in SF who made it to the Superbowl -- a lot of the players he drafted and signed were the core of that playoff team who had a good run for awhile.  He wasn't the main guy in Seattle but the #2 guy -- there was a good article though from the Seattle media about how Scot along with Schneider built that team.  With GB where he was a scout -- they were winners, too.   In SF it took them some time to get going, though. 

Having said that as Bill Parcells liked to say the best Gm's still get it wrong half of the time.   I think the enthusiasm for Scot is partly driven by what we were used to -- its like going from McDonalds to Ruth's Steak House.  Is Scot the best GM in the league -- who knows but he's in that conversation.  Previously, we were in the conversation for having the worst FO in the league and Danny was the lead buffoon.

This doesn't make Scot infallible. Heck just look at last years free agency crop -- arguably that didn't go well.  I don't worship the dude personally but I do think he symbolizes a new direction for this club -- where Danny finally woke up and figured out that it does matter whether you have someone competent picking the groceries. 

He was not GM in Seattle

True. He was #2. "Senior personnel executive"

No SB championships so far in his 3 seasons with the title GM.

Skinsinparadise pretty much nailed it. I don't fault anyone for enthusiasm and optimism for SM, considering where we were before

True. He was #2. "Senior personnel executive"

No SB championships so far in his 3 seasons with the title GM.

Skinsinparadise pretty much nailed it. I don't fault anyone for enthusiasm and optimism for SM, considering where we were before

I totally agree (optimism, confidence and happiness are completely warranted/understandable), but I got the impression Zoony was referring to this idea that Scot can do no wrong. Part of it is the inherent problem with putting people on pedestals (thinking of him as our savior)... the other part (IMO) is the calling out of anyone who might have a critique of something Scot does.

I could be way off base though.

i agree that it's a bit much to staunchly defend every decision as though it were gospel; however, i feel like...if a guy shoots 50% from 3pt range, i'm just not qualified to question his shot selection. even though the odd shot seems completely out of line, there can often be a method behind that madness that ultimately didn't pay off...but it was a calculated risk. i'll take those kinds of risks when they come from one of the more accurate calculators in the business.

there are some out there who preach an air of infallibility...which is folly...yet it is equally ridiculous to rail on a decision because you have a broken clock moment that makes you feel better than him for the time being. the in betweeners just don't stress about it, & are comfortable enough in knowing that if he misses today, there's a great chance he'll get it tomorrow.

Master Tesfatsion @MasterTes 9m9 minutes ago

Odds to win the NFC East via @WilliamHillUS. Eagles and Redskins both at 7/2

Cgb0-uIWsAEr7YN.jpg

JP Finlay @JPFinlayCSN 38m38 minutes ago

At 7 pm doing an FB chat w @Cullyinthehouse Send some questions over or join us then http://facebook.com/csnma 

CgbunjYWcAA-pAC.jpg

Junior Galette @JovaisG 1h1 hour ago

Junior Galette Retweeted John Keim

1f602.png1f602.pngcut it out John

Junior Galette added,

John Keim @john_keim
@MrLuz2you @JovaisG once Kobe retired so did I. Used to have some hops. Key words: Used to.

John Keim @john_keim 32m32 minutes ago

John Keim Retweeted Dan Labbe

Still odd to see...

John Keim added,

proxy.jpg?t=HBiVAWh0dHBzOi8vdi5jZG4udmlu

Dan Labbe @dan_labbe
RG3 throws. #browns

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 44m44 minutes ago

Like what I'm seeing from USC C Max Tuerk. Not biggest, but very athletic. Can pull/reach 2nd level without troubles. Bit of a mean streak

Ricky Jean Francois Retweeted Tony G From DC

When reports don't have nothing to talk about, they end of talking about the past.

Ricky Jean Francois added,

Tony G From DC @slick_ruler240
@Freakyjean99 @CSNRedskins because its RGIII, if it was anyone it wouldn't be a discussion. I wouldn't worry about him until week 4

John Keim @john_keim 2h2 hours ago

John Keim Retweeted Junior Galette

Not too shabby...

John Keim added,

0CyhxQtoUFAWdRbR.jpg
0:06
Junior Galette @JovaisG

John Keim @john_keim 7h7 hours ago

For those wondering about the Redskins' interest in a QB: SM has talked often about the Green Bay model. Was there from 94-99; drafted 5 QBs

John Keim @john_keim 9h9 hours ago

Ryan Kerrigan says Junior Galette 'as explosive as ever'  read it in BRBN

Ricky Jean Francois @Freakyjean99 5m5 minutes ago

Ricky Jean Francois Retweeted Andrew Walker

You got a point.

Andrew Walker @AWalkerRedskins
@Freakyjean99 As annoying as I'm sure it is to you guys, news is a business. They're gonna put out things people are going to click on.

Junior Galette @JovaisG 1m1 minute ago

Junior Galette Retweeted Hunter Noll

You miss 100% of the shots u don't take2757.png

Junior Galette added,

Hunter Noll @HNoll21

Ricky Jean Francois @Freakyjean99 16m16 minutes ago

Ricky Jean Francois Retweeted CSN Redskins

Smh, why are we talking about a Browns QB in DC ? I am missing something here.

Ricky Jean Francois @Freakyjean99 15m15 minutes ago

Ricky Jean Francois Retweeted Sung Min Kim

You just might be right.

Sung Min Kim @sung_minkim
@Freakyjean99 Ricky, apparently it's the DC Browns now

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy 25m25 minutes ago

Junior Galette showed off hops while Redskins hoping Galette's 'explosive' hype has legs. http://foxs.pt/1XHukvv 

Cgb5nddW8AAbfOu.jpg

Washington Redskins @Redskins 8m8 minutes ago

#Redskins return for offseason workouts with renewed motivation, intensity. 1f4da.png: http://redsk.in/1NzTt5z 

Cgb92gJWwAErEjK.jpg

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 38s38 seconds ago

#Browns and No. 2 have received the bulk of attention today. But I'm told the #Chargers phones at No. 3 are getting just as much action.

ESPN @espn 5m5 minutes ago

It's come to this. The Crying Jordan meme makes it way to a pair of Jordans: http://es.pn/1SY5W4U 

CgcBHmQXEAIdzQm.jpg

Mason_Foster @Mason_Foster 22s22 seconds ago

Mason_Foster Retweeted Trent Murphy

1f43a.png1f43a.png1f43a.png1f43a.png1f43a.png

Mason_Foster added,

Trent Murphy @TMurphy_93
Take my hand, Come with me on this journey https://twitter.com/redskins/status/722499059446104065 

ESPN Stats & Info @ESPNStatsInfo 1m1 minute ago

Read up on Hackenberg & Jones' slide down the NFL draft boards ahead of tonight's Gruden QB Camp (ESPN 8:30 ET)

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/116836/gruden-qb-camp-christian-hackenberg-and-cardale-jones

Because I'm a Guy @CauseWereGuys 1m1 minute ago

RT to save someone's life on 4/20! 1f331.png

CgcDufxWwAAAxrS.jpg

Post Sports @PostSports 5m5 minutes ago

NFL Draft 101: Start rumors to lower the value of prospects

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy 20m20 minutes ago

Not at Redskins Park, but not playing in the sun, DeSean Jackson shows he's putting in work (though sand involved).

Mia Khalifa @miakhalifa 15m15 minutes ago

Sitting right behind Nat's dugout. 50k RTs and I'll streak the field to make SC Not Top 10.

CgcH5jsXIAQ-uc0.jpg

checking tv listing

Rambo @Niles_Paul84 7m7 minutes ago

I miss house parties

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy 3m3 minutes ago

Galette shows "explosive" hype has legs.

Mason_Foster @Mason_Foster 9m9 minutes ago

Mason_Foster Retweeted #HTTR

I got u

Mason_Foster added,

#HTTR @AGskinz
@Mason_Foster You got me with the cleats and gloves yet? 1f440.png

LL Retweeted Matt Miller

Would love it. Hopefully one with a big catch radius to reel in off target throws from the QB

LL added,

Matt Miller @nfldraftscout
Wonder how Washington fans would feel about a WR in Round 1?

Entitled to Nothing liked your Tweet
4m

#WashingtonRedskins #Video NFL: 3 Defensive Prospects Climbing Draft Boards #RedskinsNation #HTTR

Mia Khalifa hmmmmmmm? ;)

Not only have I started the job of a lifetime about a month ago, but in addition to that? An additional perk is that I get to drive by Redskins Park twice a day. The funniest thing is noticing players in cars the past 2 days. Was that xyz? As I slow down and rubber neck! Hahaha :)

#datacenteralley

#HTTR

Bubble ain't up yet? WTF DS??? #giterdun!

Archived