Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

London Calling: Martins House of Commons Official Offseason Twitter thread, Crumpets and Biscuits(Cheerleaders) extra

SWFLSkins

CSN Redskins @CSNRedskins 6m6 minutes ago

#NTK: Is this the year for the Redskins to draft a cornerback in the first? read it in BRBN #RedskinsTalk

CgkH4z1W4AAnRYg.jpg

John Keim @john_keim 9m9 minutes ago

Vernon Butler's versatility, bull rush could help Redskins  read it in BRBN

1. NFL Draft PODCAST: Which DL prospect is in danger of sliding out of round 1? Derrick Henry underated? Who at 21? http://www.scout.com/nfl/redskins/story/1662805-nfl-draft-podcast-best-bama-21

Burgundy Blog @BurgundyBlog 6m6 minutes ago

@breakburgundy I am actually trying pretty hard to listen to this right now on an iPhone and cannot for the life of me figure out how.

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy 1m1 minute ago

@BurgundyBlog I think the issue is - and don't shoot the messenger - but the 980 audio vault doesn't work on mobile.

The Eagles look ready to turn the page on Sam Bradford in 2017. This makes Sam sad....

Taking the chance Sam Bradford was going to turn into a franchise QB is way riskier than trading picks in hopes Wentz is #1f4af.png#Eagles

The Eagles Traded up to No. 2 and Sam Bradford Is Pissed http://phillyinfluencer.com/2016/04/the-eagles-traded-up-to-no-2-and-sam-bradford-is-pissed/ 

Joe L. Kinsley ‏@KinsleyLES  31m

The Eagles are starting Sam Bradford no matter what, and traded all those picks for drafting a backup QB at #2.

The #Eagles spent a ton on Sam Bradford and Chase Daniel and now will likely trade up to No. 2 to draft a QB. Not following something here.

"The @Eagles are not trading Sam Bradford, nor are they trading Chase Daniel..." (via @RapSheet)

Howie Roseman: Let me be clear, Sam Bradford is our starting quarterback. The #Eagles will not trade Bradford

John Keim @john_keim 50s50 seconds ago

By the way with a quarterback I'm talking a guy in fourth round or later. Clearly not taking one high in draft. A guy to develop

Rob Carlin @RobCarlinCSN 4m4 minutes ago

Rob Carlin Retweeted Adam Schefter

Interest from #Redskins no surprise.. Good football player works for SMC.. Splashy FA works for DS.. #RedskinsTalk..

Rob Carlin added,

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Teams expressing most interest in former Panthers CB Josh Norman so far include SF, Washington, Pittsburgh, Miami. Others also making pitch.

John Keim @john_keim 5m5 minutes ago

John Keim Retweeted Adam Schefter

#redskins would have to do some maneuvering with the cap. Not a lot of room right now

Stephen Czarda @SCzardaRedskins 1m1 minute ago

Stephen Czarda Retweeted Adam Schefter

Oh.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 44s45 seconds ago

@SCzardaRedskins Go down the hall and stick your head in a door. Find out what’s going on!

Stephen Czarda @SCzardaRedskins 2m2 minutes ago

@Rich_TandlerCSN I've asked to see the big board multiple times, but...

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 34s34 seconds ago

Tarik El-Bashir Retweeted Adam Schefter

The #Redskins have reportedly entered the Josh Norman sweepstakes...

Martin Collinson @redskinsfanuk 5m5 minutes ago

@john_keim @AdamSchefter Doing a long term deal with Kirk would create a lot of cap space. Just saying ...

John Keim @john_keim 4m4 minutes ago

@redskinsfanuk not sure who would disagree. But they're not willing to meet his price yet. Hasn't changed.

Martin Collinson @redskinsfanuk 3m3 minutes ago

@john_keim Right. But doing this kind of deal might be the motivation to find some middle ground. If we are really interested - long odds.

@redskinsfanuk why on earth would cousins now try to find middle ground at this point? No.

Let me say this again as I've said with many free agents...

Norman -

will be 29 years old

played with a dominant defensive front, therefore concealing flaws and overrating by fans (ex. Sherman)

he's not left out to cover for long because of this defensive front

contract year...

I'm fairly certain many people did not even know who he was until this year and at 29 that means his career has been less than stellar with the exception of this year...

Also, he's far from a ball hawk.

Let me say this again as I've said with many free agents...

Norman -

will be 29 years old

played with a dominant defensive front, therefore concealing flaws and overrating by fans (ex. Sherman)

he's not left out to cover for long because of this defensive front

contract year...

He did a nice job against Dez Bryant, ok but ultimately got burned by Beckham.  Agree, having good players around him has helped.   If I recall if they release Culliver that frees 8 million?  Wonder what Norman wants though?  Jenkins got 13 million a year, I'd presume he'd want more than that -- if so I think its too rich.

He did a nice job against Dez Bryant, ok but ultimately got burned by Beckham.  Agree, having good players around him has helped.   If I recall if they release Culliver that frees 8 million?  Wonder what Norman wants though?  Jenkins got 13 million a year, I'd presume he'd want more than that -- if so I think its too rich

He wants in excess of $14 million per year.

Nope...

I'm so glad our team isn't going after Norman. 

JP Finlay Retweeted Rich Tandler

Good read here. Cap money could work but still a lot of competition

JP Finlay added,

CgklHLpUgAEgs0H.jpg
Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN
#Redskins reportedly show interest in Norman. Can the cap $ work? http://bit.ly/1roQysh  #RedskinsTalk

@JPFinlayCSN Gotta be honest, this would shock me if Scot went that direction.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN
#Redskins reportedly show interest in Norman. Can the cap $ work? http://bit.ly/1roQysh  #RedskinsTalk

You can read this article in BRBN

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 19m19 minutes ago

The Steelers are not pursuing and will not pursue Josh Norman.

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 16m16 minutes ago

Anthony Raposa Retweeted Jason La Canfora

One name off the list Schefter mentioned. SF, Washington & Phins final 3?

Redskins show interest in Josh Norman. http://foxs.pt/1SxRUwE  Reminder: GMSM made CB Nate Clements highest paid defender in NFL history.

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 1h1 hour ago

Redskins reportedly among teams looking at Josh Norman. Can see it. McCloughan will spend big $ when needed.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 1h1 hour ago

With the #Redskins facing the Panthers and OBJ 2 X, singing Norman for the sheer entertainment value could be worth it.

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 1h1 hour ago

Remember, express interest can mean "how much? Ok thanks." Or "Can he come for a visit?" Haven't yet heard of a serious Skins-Norman push.

The Insider @Insider 14m14 minutes ago

NFL draft: What the Redskins could and should do at linebacker Read it in BRBN

Anthony Raposa ‏@AnthonyRaposa 16m16 minutes ago

Anthony Raposa Retweeted Jason La Canfora

One name off the list Schefter mentioned. SF, Washington & Phins final 3?

Based on recent off seasons both the Dolphins and SF have it in them to go off the grid and do something crazy.  So based on that alone, I'd say its unlikely Norman winds up here.

Archived