Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

London Calling: Martins House of Commons Official Offseason Twitter thread, Crumpets and Biscuits(Cheerleaders) extra

SWFLSkins

not sure how we can compete with the 49ers cap space.

Can they offer a contract with a large signing bonus, but voiding after one year?.......let's say a 5 year deal that voids after one.....spread the bonus out over 5 years to limit his cap number......and then promise not to Franchise tag him next year.

"CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Redskins have made a "very legit" offer for free agent Josh Norman."

"Per La Canfora, the 49ers' interest is also "very strong." The Redskins have the need, but also roughly $40 million less in cap space than the 49ers. If the Niners are serious, they will be hard to match. The move would be out of character for Washington GM Scot McCloughan, who has been very quiet through his first two Redskins free agencies."

Stephen Czarda @SCzardaRedskins 5m5 minutes ago

Updated story on the #Redskins reported interest in Josh Norman with two new reports from this afternoon. MORE:

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Report-Redskins-Expressing-Interest-In-Josh-Norman/1c7b0fef-bd10-43f6-9a89-dda9a38acb48

Not Robert Griffin @Pseudo_RGIII 6m6 minutes ago

"Josh, it's Scot. I've got OBJ on the schedule twice for you. Get back to me."

CgmYWRsWgAANv9M.jpg

Burgundy Blog @BurgundyBlog 7m7 minutes ago

Never, ever boring.

Daniel Shiferaw @dshif 2m2 minutes ago

Doesn't get more D.C. sports than a Wizards coaching hire potentially getting put on the back burner by a big #Redskins move.

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo
However, Norman has changed agents, so it would be a few days before he could finalize anything with the new team, source also says.

NFL Total Access @NFLTotalAccess 33s34 seconds ago Culver City, CA

The #49ers & #Redskins have emerged as the front-runners for free agent CB Josh Norman, source said. (via @RapSheet)

CgmafR9UoAABwnr.jpg

John Keim @john_keim 2m2 minutes ago

Picking up Norman also would enable them, if they indeed trade and add more picks, to address another area higher than anticipated. RB? C?

Bryan Van Balen @bnvanbalen 4m4 minutes ago

Bryan Van Balen Retweeted Washington Redskins

Looking more and more like it could happen...

Bryan Van Balen added,

CgmZMJ8UkAAYHC5.jpg
Washington Redskins @Redskins
#Redskins reportedly emerge as "front-runners" for free agent CB Josh Norman. 1f4f0.png: http://redsk.in/1SvQeka 

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 27s28 seconds ago

CB Josh Norman has plenty of interest, with #Skins & #49ers giving the most. Washington will have him in town, they can keep him there

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 54s54 seconds ago

Mark Bullock Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Well, looks like I have a long night of Panthers film ahead

Mark Bullock added,

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Source: Free agent CB Josh Norman has a visit to the #Redskins tomorrow. They get first crack

Ashburning Retweeted Mike Jones

Hahhahaa, wow, this makes for #redskinstwitter fun...three days of this...

Ashburning added,

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo
However, Norman has changed agents, so it would be a few days before he could finalize anything with the new team, source also says.

Rumor is his old agent is staying on to co-manage Norman.  So Norman can still sign immediately.

Chris Russell @Russellmania621 2m2 minutes ago

Chris Russell Retweeted Ian Rapoport

JP Finlay @JPFinlayCSN 3m3 minutes ago

JP Finlay Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Damn. DeSean parallels continue - DJax visited Skins first, and didnt leave before signing

As for Norman, if they are that interested, I am guessing they think they aren't a mile away in terms of being a contender.

Just to having fun with that though -- in theory at least it shouldn't be especially hard to upgrade their other positions of weaknesses (NT, S, MLB) via the draft, especially if they can ignore corner

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 40s41 seconds ago

Another source tells @MasterTes that Josh Norman is visiting the Redskins on Friday.

CSN Redskins @CSNRedskins 6m6 minutes ago

JUST IN: #Redskins to host Josh Norman for 1st free agent visit, per report read it in BRBN #RedskinsTalk

CgmcR-fXEAE1sGs.jpg

1. Time for DeAngelo Hall to book another dinner reservation. #Redskins recruiting of Josh Norman begins tomorrow with his visit.

Sam Bradford has made the max out of nothing. He started with 6 year deal, 50 milion garanteed! And played 5 years but only showed up 49 games (around 3 full seasons).

He then went to Eagles for two years 26 milion garanteed.

The man has collected at least 76 milion dollars in 6 years. Thats crazy for a very average player.

So much this. He is the Lane Kiffin of QBs

Jees. If we sign Josh Morgan, I think we cut/trade someone.

Garcon

Culliver

Lauvao

Andre Roberts(I'm sure we will anyways once he clears his injury)

Thoughts?

I just don't see us signing him. It will require a bidding war and I just don't see us partaking

Redskins Buzztap @redskinsbuzztap 8m8 minutes ago

http://nbcsports.com  >> Report: Josh Norman to visit Redskins Friday read it in BRBN (PFT)

Chris Burke @ChrisBurke_SI 17m17 minutes ago

Scheme-wise, Washington and Norman fit. A lot of cover-3 under Joe Barry.

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 11m11 minutes ago

Chad Ryan Retweeted ES RWJ

First visit is so important. Make a good impression and a good genuine offer and you give yourself every chance.

Chad Ryan added,

ES RWJ @rwj64
@ChadwikoRCC Odds with his visit that we sign Norman? 70/30 etc.?

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 13m13 minutes ago

Joe Barry's scheme is such a natural fit for Norman, too. And Perry Fewell would work magic with him. Hopes, rising...

Bryan Van Balen Retweeted Washington Redskins

But wait, there's more!

Bryan Van Balen added,

Cgmc8IXUkAAxMd0.jpg
    Free agent CB Josh Norman is reportedly visiting #Redskins tomorrow. 1f4f0.png: http://redsk.in/22RBpLp 

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 51s51 seconds ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted Kevin Welsh

Maybe but he’d want $10 million + for 1 year and that’s not really doable for #Redskins.

Rich Tandler added,

Kevin Welsh @Kwelsh83
@Rich_TandlerCSN Callin it now. J.N. knows everyone's cap money is spent. Signs with @Redskins on 1yr deal, like @JovaisG & hits market 2017

NFLTradeRumors.co @nfltrade_rumors 3m3 minutes ago

NFLTradeRumors.co Retweeted Jason Cole

UPDATE: Josh Norman Expected To Receive $14M Per Year, Decision Could Be Made By Saturday http://bit.ly/1Snk1ZU

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago

If Josh Norman signs with the #Redskins, he'll face #Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr twice a season.1f37f.png1f37f.png1f37f.png1f37f.png1f37f.png, please.

LL @HTTR24_7 15m15 minutes ago

Skins D basically getting 2 big time FA's this year with Junior & Josh.

LL @HTTR24_7 16m16 minutes ago

Scot loves CB's and pays for them. He's all in if your talented,passionate, right attitude, and love the game. Why is it a Snyder move? Lol

LL @HTTR24_7 8m8 minutes ago

Redskins couldn't let the Wizards have the news cycle tonight. Had to drop that Norman was coming to town a few hours after Brooks news lol

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 1m1 minute ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted Jeff H.

41.95%

Rich Tandler added,

Jeff H. @schmeff
@Rich_TandlerCSN What does your gut tell you as far as % chance?

HapHaszard ES @HapHaszard 48s49 seconds ago

@Rich_TandlerCSN I think your .5% off +/-

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 1m1 minute ago

@HapHaszard I’m not. But you’re entitled to you opinion Hap. haha

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 24s24 seconds ago

Should Josh Norman not sign a contract with WSH upon his visit there Fri - and there are ongoing talks - SF pushing. TB, JAX, TEN monitoring

TK @TKextremeskins 15s15 seconds ago

Norman coming in is starting to have that DJax & Junior Gallete feel to it. Almost to the point where I'd be shocked if he leaves tomorrow.

Hey, I'm only watching that's all guys.

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 5m5 minutes ago

Source confirms that free agent CB Josh Norman will be meeting with the #Redskins in Ashburn tomorrow, as @RapSheet said. #RedskinsTalk

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 7m7 minutes ago

@Rich_TandlerCSN I have it at 42.05%.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 6m6 minutes ago

@Snide_Remarks You’re always the sunny optimist, Rick!

DepressedDMVfan @Scriva85 3m3 minutes ago

@Snide_Remarks @Rich_TandlerCSN does this mean Tanard Jackson isn't coming back?

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 1m1 minute ago

@Scriva85 @Rich_TandlerCSN I wouldn't say that, but @john_keim might.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 9s9 seconds ago

Josh Norman’s deal, when complete, expected be between $14 to $15 MIL per year, per sources. 5-year deals being discussed with Wash and SF.

Duke Ihenacho @NachoLyfe 51s52 seconds ago

Yo...I hope we sign Josh Norman...so he can throw me some cash for this #24 that I know he's gonna want hahaha. #ItsAllYoursFam lol

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 3s4 seconds ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted Adam Schefter

Revis’ deal w/Jets averages $15 million, 5 years.

Pete Prisco @PriscoCBS 13s13 seconds ago

Redskins need a corner in the worst way, but $15 million a year? Crazy

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy 2m2 minutes ago

Breaking Burgundy Retweeted Adam Schefter

Let's talk elephant in the room. Is this Josh Norman fascination all GMSM or more of the same? That's big coin.

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy 58s59 seconds ago

If nothing else, the move w/b very similar to adding DeSean Jackson, who became available suddenly. There was a plan, then it changed.

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 2m2 minutes ago

Mark Bullock Retweeted Adam Schefter

Wow, that's a long contract and an expensive one

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 20s21 seconds ago

Janoris Jenkins’ deal with Giants averages $12.5 million, his first-year cap is $8 million.

Chris Russell @Russellmania621 23s24 seconds ago

Chris Russell Retweeted Adam Schefter

I mean...Wow. #Redskins

Duke Ihenacho @NachoLyfe 45s46 seconds ago

He getting a hefty check, so the business gotta be right lol....Undisclosed amount lol

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 48s49 seconds ago

Might Norman be worth a little more to the Redskins, who face OBJ and Dez twice a year?

@Redskins_Nation 21s22 seconds ago

Galette out here recruiting

Martin Collinson @redskinsfanuk 2m2 minutes ago

@PriscoCBS The average yearly value is not close to as important as how much is up front and how much guaranteed.

Junior Galette @JovaisG 6m6 minutes ago

@J_No24 We Spoke about this lol come on Bruh!

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 47s48 seconds ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted Duke Ihenacho

Players all have their own perspective on potential Norman deal. Ihenacho’s is unique.

Redskins Buzztap @redskinsbuzztap 4m4 minutes ago

http://espn.com  >> Source: Norman to visit with Redskins on Friday read it in BRBN

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 54s55 seconds ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted Ethan Jach

It would have its pros and cons read it in BRBN

Rich Tandler added,

Ethan Jach @ethanjach
@Rich_TandlerCSN do u personally think signing Norman will b a good thing 4 the skins, cause of age,assuming he signs a multiyear max deal?

Anthony Gulizia @AnthonyGulizia 4m4 minutes ago

I know #Redskins fans have seen a lot of crazy, but signing Norman after preaching not spending in free agency would be up there, right?

Duke Ihenacho @NachoLyfe 8m8 minutes ago

Hey I don't make the rules...I just play by them ¯\_1f633.png_/¯

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 26s27 seconds ago

The #Redskins contingent that Norman will meet with tomorrow will include Scot & Bruce first, then he'll be introduced to football staff.

Chick Hernandez @CHICKatCSN 2m2 minutes ago

Chick Hernandez Retweeted Alfred Morris

A pleasure to cover u my man!

Chick Hernandez added,

Alfred Morris @Trey_Deuces
..it's a crazy business that most won't ever understand. Thanks for all the well wishes even though I'm with the opposition. One last 

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 2m2 minutes ago

My understanding is that whilst DC Joe Barry is in Ashburn, Perry Fewell and several other coaches still aren't.

1. Rich Tandler Retweeted name here

Will have in the neighborhood of $50 million in cap space next year. Can go a long way.

Rich Tandler added,

name here @thotstorch
    @Rich_TandlerCSN well thought they were saving for Jordan Reed next year and either deaean or pierre

Post Sports @PostSports 3m3 minutes ago

Redskins make offer to free agent cornerback Josh Norman Read it in BRBN

Rich Tandler Retweeted Jordan

Culliver still rehabbing so we will have to see how it plays out.

Rich Tandler added,

Jordan @JordanAsri10
      @Rich_TandlerCSN understood. Say we do sing him, who's the 2nd string, breeland or culliver?

Burgundy Burner @BurgundyBurner 7m7 minutes ago

@Rich_TandlerCSN I just don't know about this news, Rich. It seems so "un-Scot" like. In fact, VERY "un-Scot" like.

NFL Total Access @NFLTotalAccess 38m38 minutes ago Culver City, CA

"He should go to @Redskins ,you go against Dez and OBJ twice a year." - @_ericdavis_ on the right team for @J_No24

CgmkEwlVEAAPgnl.jpg

@NFLTotalAccess @wyche89 @Redskins @_ericdavis_ @J_No24 Amen brother!!!!! The Best always wants to go against the Best. Let's go @J_No24

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 5m5 minutes ago

Looking at the NFC East this year, not a bad idea to get a guy who is subletting space in Odell Beckham’s head.

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 6m6 minutes ago

Between Andre Roberts and Chris Culliver, Redskins could clear a lot of the needed room. But may impact deals with Reed and Garcon/D-Jax.

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 7m7 minutes ago

@michaelpRTD Just a heads up to you and @JPFinlayCSN; this Norman news is a definite cat amongst the pigeons.

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 11m11 minutes ago

Here’s the latest on Redskins/Josh Norman:

-Visit tomorrow

-Potential holdup

-Cap implications

read it in BRBN

even though I'm posting tweets I'm also updating BRBN, I'm ambidextrous

Master Tesfatsion @MasterTes 2m2 minutes ago

Master Tesfatsion Retweeted Duke Ihenacho

LMAOOOOOO someone take Duke's phone 1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png

Master Tesfatsion added,

Duke Ihenacho @NachoLyfe
If you wanna wear #24 still...if you wanna play for a team with tradition...If you wanna play your boy twice a year 1f440.png...come to death row!

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 8m8 minutes ago

@MikeJonesWaPo Hey man, you sure about the whole 'he's fired his agent' part? I've heard he's co-rep so Norman doesn't have to wait a week.

1. @ChadwikoRCC had originally heard that as well. But this evening, two different people close to situation said he fired George.

CSN Redskins @CSNRedskins 5m5 minutes ago

Feeling déjà vu? You're not alone. The Norman chase looks a LOT like the Jackson pursuit: http://ow.ly/4mXOgH 

CgmuPixW0AA1UYd.jpg

Archived