Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

London Calling: Martins House of Commons Official Offseason Twitter thread, Crumpets and Biscuits(Cheerleaders) extra

SWFLSkins

With the Redskins looking at having cap room of about $50M next year, this possible signing by then will look like a huge bargain.

The last contract Josh Norman signed was 4 years $2.3 million dollars. Things are about to change for him financially. Big time.

@_AyyMall The number will go down when we get a contract with Cousins, Reed, and a couple of others. We should still have about $20M or so.

Burgundy Burner @BurgundyBurner now

Burgundy Burner Retweeted Rich Tandler

I tend to agree with these numbers. Could be just a tad higher. Either way, not bad.

Burgundy Burner added,

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN
My early guess on a Norman contract: Agent’s top line 5 years, $65 million, $35 million gtd. Actual bottom line, 3 years, $38 million.

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 8m8 minutes ago

The last contract Josh Norman signed was 4 years $2.3 million dollars. Things are about to change for him financially. Big time.

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 55s55 seconds ago

Last night Alfred Morris tweeted out thanking the Redskins fans for showing class on his departure. Even gave one last HTTR.

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 3m3 minutes ago

Mike Jones Retweeted Master Tesfatsion

Some clarity on the loophole. Told Norman informed George he was fired Wed. But technically...

Mike Jones added,

Master Tesfatsion @MasterTes
On Josh Norman -- hiring of Ryan Williams has been filed to the NFLPA. However, Mike George's termination has not been filed yet #Redskins

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 7m7 minutes ago

Moments after losing the SB (even tho he played a heck of a game) look how Josh Norman reacted: http://youtu.be/ACV0PR1i9y8

Fantastic article by Matt, worth the read for sure....

Unobstructed View: Pigskins Fans Lend a Hand to the Man Behind Chief Zee

Posted by Matt Terl on April 21, 2016 at 12:30 pm

Scrolling through the list of contributors on the GoFundMe, the donors are a mix of anonymous folks, local football fans, and even ex-players. There are recent players (Phillip Daniels is there by name, and cornerback Leigh Torrance) and at least one from the glory days of the 1980s. Darryl Grant is probably best remembered for the late touchdown against the Cowboys in the 1983 NFC Championship game—that’s what put the defensive lineman on the cover of that week’s Sports Illustrated—but he has remained a fan of the team and kicked in on the GoFundMe because, he said, “It was the right thing to do” for an “icon and a part of team history.”

Chad Ryan Retweeted Jorge Carmenate

Well while you all slept, I'm happy to say that chances of Norman signing today are high if visit goes well.

Norman's post game comments about his scuffle with @TrentW71; https://twitter.com/ChadwikoRCC/status/723477724472311808 

CgpQTO0UcAATk0U.jpg

Fantastic article by Matt, worth the read for sure....

Unobstructed View: Pigskins Fans Lend a Hand to the Man Behind Chief Zee

Posted by Matt Terl on April 21, 2016 at 12:30 pm

one of the very few Washington City Paper articles I've posted in BRBN.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 1m1 minute ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted Timothy Tribbett,DVM

Just guessing, maybe as early as mid afternoon, maybe as late as a few days from now.

Rich Tandler added,

Timothy Tribbett,DVM @tntDVM
@Rich_TandlerCSN will we know anything on the Norman front today?

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 2m2 minutes ago

@Rich_TandlerCSN So you're saying sometime before the end of mankind.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 5m5 minutes ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted Rick Snider

I’d say yes, that’s the firm deadline.

Junior Galette Retweeted DADITO CALDERONE

My SHMOOD if we sign @J_No24

Junior Galette added,

proxy.jpg?t=HBiUAWh0dHBzOi8vdi5jZG4udmlu

DADITO CALDERONE @TAXSTONE
#Millyrock on any block

@SkinsGoldPants @HogsHaven This point losses me.....You upgrade whenever and wherever you can, this would represent a major upgrade.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 6m6 minutes ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted Michael Kielsgard

Lots of questions that can’t be answered unless/until there is a contract agreement.

Rich Tandler added,

Michael Kielsgard @MikeKiels
@Rich_TandlerCSN If the skins do sign him, what does it mean for Cully? Does he move to the nickle? is he cut? Where is the money comin from

Rambo @Niles_Paul84 8m8 minutes ago

Rambo Retweeted TheSportsPredictor

Boomerang a classic lol 1f4af.png

Rambo added,

TheSportsPredictor @SportsAstroGuy
@Niles_Paul84 Lemme find a good movie so i can get a Rambo tweetback.... uh... "Boomerang?"

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 3m3 minutes ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted Mike Justice™

I’m sticking with 41.95%.

Rich Tandler added,

Mike Justice™ @MikeJustice74

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 2m2 minutes ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted Junior Galette

A suggestion from Galette. CSN will have a camera there.

Rich Tandler added,

Junior Galette @JovaisG
If Fans Want @J_No24 y'all need to show up to Ashburn with Posters Screaming cheering when he shows up today! I will even join lol #PayDaMan

Grant Paulsen @granthpaulsen 3m3 minutes ago

#Redskins view Josh Norman as a fit for how Joe Barry uses CB's. They love ball skills & tackling ability, which translate in all schemes.

Chad Ryan Retweeted Junior Galette

Junior Galette; Flash Mob Team Captain. What time, Junior? You'll get @skinshuly & co maybe!

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 4m4 minutes ago

Even if the #Redskins sign Norman, I'd try to find a way to keep Culliver around.... don't forget he's also a candidate to move to safety

Still kicking around driving up from NC for the Caps game tonight, but I don't think I could make this if I left right now.

Anyone going?

Junior Galette Verified account @JovaisG

If Fans Want @J_No24 y'all need to show up to Ashburn with Posters Screaming cheering when he shows up today! I will even join lol #PayDaMan

I just checked flight scheds from Daytona to DC. I can't make it ;)

John Keim @john_keim 1m1 minute ago

Alfred Morris tweets thank you and goodbye to Redskins fans  read it in BRBN

Junior Galette @JovaisG 11m11 minutes ago

Junior Galette Retweeted ¡HTTR!

Junior Galette added,

¡HTTR! @r0b3rt17
how to make junior re sign after tgis yr.. lol #HTTR https://twitter.com/JovaisG/status/723487978916601856 

Norman, Culliver, Hall, and Breeland as our starting secondary doesn't sound bad at all.  With Blackmon, Ihenacho/Bruton, Jarrett (one hopes) and Dunbar in the wings, we'd be in pretty good shape.  I'd still like to see us draft K. Joseph.

Washington Redskins @Redskins 36s36 seconds ago

#Redskins OL Brandon Scherff looks to improve on his impressive 2015 season. 1f4da.png: http://redsk.in/1SneEtZ 

Cgpc5JmUgAASll8.jpg

Pierre Garçon @PierreGarcon 8m8 minutes ago

Getting ready to #FuelGreatness with John C. Meyers Elementary winner of @FUTP60 and @Dannon promotion.

Rob Carlin @RobCarlinCSN 1m1 minute ago

No way #Redskins should let Norman leave the building.. Plays angry.. BUT, makes you wonder why Carolina just LET him walk.. #RedskinsTalk

1. @ChadwikoRCC @JovaisG @J_No24 What would we call that? LoL we already have a send off and welcome home :)

BRBN featured article of the morning  CSN- How could the Redskins fit a Norman contract under the cap?

The important thing to remember now is that their substantial amount of 2017 cap space gives them the flexibility they need to make it happen if they want to.

Archived