Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Doug Pederson. Any Questions?

TradeTheBeal!

Reading some Philly boards, rumors that Pederson is going to bring Chase Daniels over from KC to start for them.

I know he was a fan favorite here but come on

Meh, if he does, I expect it would be as the backup QB that knows the system well enough, like Grossman was for Kyle in 2010.

Here's hoping Pederson runs the ratbirds' offense. I know the Chiefs offense was horrible in 13 and 14, although they were #4 in PPG this season. Not sure why there was a huge jump this season.

NFL.com has them listed as #8. Still pretty good. But as someone else said, their Def and STs TDs helped. They had 6 (all were Def, no Rets). When you back out Def and STs TDs from all team they only drop to 10th. So still pretty good.

When you look at TDs only, KC was 10th for all TDs but drop to 17th when you back out the Def and STs TDs.

i think it is odd that Howie Roeseman is doing a Vinny Cerrarto like ****roach survivalist routine  - I am sure someone else can sum him up better than me but he was hired in 2000 and rose up the ranks acting as Gm in 2010 and kind of resuffled the roster and made it competitive in 2010  oversaw the firing of Reid and the hiring of Chip a couple of years later, but then found he could not work with the Chipster and in 2015 lost a precieved power battle and was 'promoted' out of the way to allow Chip Kelly the GM to get Chip Kelly the HC fired, - i would presume in his ousted position Howie may have been doing some behinds the curtain manipulations in the Chip firing

Now he is the GM again - and really when you really look at things they have not been doing well either in the draft or free agency for years -

Redskins fans will disagree but we tend to compare others to ourselves and in recent years we have been appalling - but just because the eagles have not been as bad as us - it does not make them infalable or even respectable.

The best drafts they had were between 2002 and 2004 and the occasional hits (like fletcher Cox) aside they are not looking the poster boys of scouting -

Also you have to consider the roster moves they have been doing - I can imagine the Jackson fiasco was Chip Kelly initiated but the way the team handled it was appauling - implying gang links were not a shred of evidence could be found was really bad form. Then letting guys like Boykin go while signing high priced free agents (typical of the Redskins FO - and redskins fans if you look a the FA thread in the stadium) sets you up with a volatile (at best) or apathetic locker room with guys checking out real estate in their next NFL locations . 

Just this week you have the news that they gave Johson (already on the NFL PED suspension list) a OLT like contract to play ORT - which is going to make Jason Peters their current OLT (although at the end of his career) uncomfortable . Not really a problem unless you consider in 2015 the Eagles also gave Peters a new 5 year contract at the beginning of the 2014 season... and of course Johnson still had 2 years to run on his rookie deal... ( well assuming there there would probably a team option for the 2017 ) ... 

Interesting times in Philly 

Interesting times ... 

• 2 weeks later...

He was replaced. Pedersen started the year and was laughable. Literally the worst named starter i've ever seen.

I have the audio of his answer about the Chiefs debacle, and will rip him and the eagles to shreds over it on this week's Bang Radio Hour. 

Should be a laugher.

~Bang

Pedersen aside the reason I joined here over a decade ago was because of your cartoons lol.  You should make more.

Do you mean like:

velocet

Yeah......no.

HI all. Been away for a while, so let me bring some sanity to this discussion. It seems like Lurie is reaching back to an era that saw the Eagles have a fair amount of success with the Pederson hire. The Andy Reid connection is strong.

Howie looks like he is purging the team of any leftover Kelly stench. He's biting the bullet and dumping bad contracts like Alonzo and Maxwell--both players were awful last year. Perhaps the scheme Billy Davis ran made them look bad (I believe Maxwell is decent in the right system, but Kiko looks like he flat out sucks). Dumping the Murray albatross of a contract is good, and we did improve our draft position and received a few extra picks back.

We lost Thornton to the Cowgirls, and they are happy in Jerry Land with the DL upgrade. Sanchez is gone, finally. Bradford's contract for only two years...hell yeah! We can dump him after one year and eat the leftover cash.

Jim Schwartz is a huge upgrade over Billy Davis. I think Lurie is hoping Schwartz does for the Eagles what Jim Johnson did.

IMO, this is the plan. Draft a QB this year. Bradford gives the impression that they are still trying to win. Chase Daniels knows the system, and will play the same role Pederson played to McNabb. Bradford gone after this year. The following year, Daniels teaches the new QB the system. Once the new QB learns the system, the Eagles roll out their starting QB for the next 8-10 years, a la the McNabb years.

Yeah, and you can always have faith that the architect of the "Dream Team" can make all the right moves.

That whole thing came down to bad drafts out of Fat Andy who played just as big of a role in it also though.  I'll wait until Howie can show he can draft, but I like the moves so far.  Too bad Chimp didn't see the value in actually having talent.  Brooks was a GREAT signing IMO.

That whole thing came down to bad drafts out of Fat Andy who played just as big of a role in it also though.

Roseman first became the GM in 08, which coincidentally was about the same time the Eagles started their dumpster fire. Then the dream team happened, then the Chipster. Lol its almost as entertaining as the early Snyderatto years. :D

Roseman first became the GM in 08, which coincidentally was about the same time the Eagles started their dumpster fire. Then the dream team happened, then the Chipster. Lol its almost as entertaining as the early Snyderatto years. :D

Actually 2010.  Tom Heckert was the GM before that.  It hasn't been pretty since then for sure.  I'll wait until the guy has a good draft or two before I praise him.  They have a sheeton of $$$ tied up in the QB position for sure.

• 4 months later...

Archived