Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Congrats to you guys!

Tom [Giants fan]

By no means is this division race over but it got a lot more interesting yesterday.  The Redskins are a very good home team meaning if they win the division, a playoff victory is most certainly possible.  After that?  Who knows in this NFL.  

The Giants were not good.  It looked like they extended their bye week until about 3:30 yesterday afternoon.  And the players admit they took the Redskins for granted???  How do NFL players do that in this NFL?  If they really took them lightly, they deserved to lose.

Ok, now that my complaining and excuse making is done, the Redskins defense is good.  I don't know if there were any lingering injuries from the DLine as it looked like a couple of your guys got banged up, but it is a solid D.  If Cousins doesn't make mistakes, they are solid everywhere.  Especially when he takes care of the belly of the football.

As much as it kills me, I guess I have to be a Cowboys fan this week for 3 hours of my life.  Which is 3 hours too long.

Good luck the rest of the way guys!  I hope you guys end up in 2nd!  :D

Classy as always.

I must ask, is it a bit disheartening to hear players saying they took the Redskins for granted?  They were 5-5 going into yesterday with the 2nd to last ranked defense in the NFL.  Even though they have the Redskins #, I'm not quite sure why they have a belief that they can sleepwalk thru any opponent and win.

Classy as always.

I must ask, is it a bit disheartening to hear players saying they took the Redskins for granted?  They were 5-5 going into yesterday with the 2nd to last ranked defense in the NFL.  Even though they have the Redskins #, I'm not quite sure why they have a belief that they can sleepwalk thru any opponent and win.

Disheartening?  More like disgusting!!  The Redskins were 4-1 at home and a completely different team there.  To say you took a team like that for granted, is unprofessional and stupid.  Even if they did, don't admit it publicly.  Take care of that stuff in the locker room.  The Giants were a different team in the fourth quarter.  I guess that is how long it took them to realize that they weren't playing a Youth Football Team like they thought they were going to.  I think the Patriots game (even though a loss) went to some of their heads.  They figured if they can play with them, they don't have to give a huge effort to beat the Redskins.  And now by virtue of tiebreakers, the Giants are in second place and are going to have to battle to win the division.  Hopefully, they take that seriously.  

Have to say, I'm really glad to see this thread.

Not because I need somebody to observe that the Redskins won. :)

But because I was pretty much convinced that Tom was long gone from these parts.

I'm glad to see you're still here. The place has more class when you're here.

I think players saying that they overlooked another team is a total cop out. An excuse someone makes when they just got **** slapped in front of a million people.

But hang on to it if you need to. :D

Meet you at the finish line. Good luck against Carolina

This is another reason it kills me the Redskins won:

Amazingly, Cowboys remain in NFC East hunt; Redskins beat Giants before hosting Dallas

Staff Writer
Published: 29 November 2015 03:29 PM
Updated: 29 November 2015 03:32 PM

sportsfeedback@dallasnews.com

LANDOVER, Md. -- Kirk Cousins threw a 63-yard touchdown pass to DeSean Jackson and scored on a quarterback sneak, Washington intercepted Eli Manning three times, and the Redskins held on to beat the New York Giants 20-14 Sunday, pulling into a tie for the NFC East lead.

The Redskins and Giants are both 5-6. The Philadelphia Eagles (4-7) and Dallas Cowboys (3-8) are the other members of the mediocre division. Washington hosts Dallas next Monday night, Dec. 7.

It was the 20th three-interception game of Manning's career.

Trailing 20-0, the Giants made it close when Manning threw fourth-quarter TD passes of 40 yards to Rueben Randle and 21 yards to Odell Beckham Jr., who made a fantastic diving catch, corralling the ball with his left hand while parallel to the ground.

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/dmn-...ins-beat-giants-before-hosting-dallas.337757/

Thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments.  But it is because I love and respect the game of football that I act the way I do.  I played high school football and wish I could have went further.  I coached high school football and wished I could have coached it at a higher level.  And have been watching it for 37 years.  If you don't respect a game and those in it (players and fans alike), you don't belong anywhere around it.

By no means is this division race over but it got a lot more interesting yesterday.  The Redskins are a very good home team meaning if they win the division, a playoff victory is most certainly possible.  After that?  Who knows in this NFL.  

If they really took them lightly, they deserved to lose.

Ok, now that my complaining and excuse making is done, the Redskins defense is good.    :D

Thanks for the post.  I have more family who are Giants fans than any other team -- and they haven't been that gracious during this run of Giants dominance so its nice to get a get out of jail card and have a moment in the sun for a change.

As for the Giants taking the game for granted.  That was telegraphed earlier that week by a Giants player calling it a trap game.  Desean Jackson noticed and commented on it.  The NY papers were basically all in unison predicting a Giants rout or at worst comfortable win.  One Giants reporter jumped on a Washington DC station an hour before the game and said he felt sorry for the Redskins because Eli will carve them like a turkey.  

One Giants reporter jumped on a Washington DC station an hour before the game and said he felt sorry for the Redskins because Eli will carve them like a turkey.  

Well, to be fair... Eli carved up several beautiful slices of turkey and served it to us. Then offered us seconds and thirds.

I will say that I never got comfortable during the game even with a 20 point lead. The Giants comeback was furious. Both teams are obviously wildly inconsistent. We dominated and then escaped with our lives.

Well, to be fair... Eli carved up several beautiful slices of turkey and served it to us. Then offered us seconds and thirds.

I will say that I never got comfortable during the game even with a 20 point lead. The Giants comeback was furious. Both teams are obviously wildly inconsistent. We dominated and then escaped with our lives.

And that is why it is anyone's division.  I guess including (gulp), the Cowboys.

And that is why it is anyone's division.  I guess including (gulp), the Cowboys.

I think that's true. The Redskins have proved that they can resurface just before being dragged under water for the final count, but they haven't proven they can swim. Likewise, the Giants are a Jeckyl and Hyde bunch.

Yesterday, gave us a breath of life, but decided nothing. The team that went toe to toe with the Patriots is still a real threat for the division. If the 'skins make any missteps, the Giants will surely capitalize. 

It's so cool to have meaningful games this late in the year.  The Giants are one of those teams that seems to be playing up/down to the competition.  It would not surprise me if they upset the Panthers at all.  They should have beaten the Patriots for sure.

Random question - does anybody know where to find game highlights with the radio announcers instead of the TV guys?  I like seeing/hearing the highlights with the local team's announcers calling the action.  I know I've seen many a highlight with Larry and them on the call, but I can never find them consistently. 

Disheartening?  More like disgusting!!  The Redskins were 4-1 at home and a completely different team there.  To say you took a team like that for granted, is unprofessional and stupid.  Even if they did, don't admit it publicly.  Take care of that stuff in the locker room.  The Giants were a different team in the fourth quarter.  I guess that is how long it took them to realize that they weren't playing a Youth Football Team like they thought they were going to.  I think the Patriots game (even though a loss) went to some of their heads.  They figured if they can play with them, they don't have to give a huge effort to beat the Redskins.  And now by virtue of tiebreakers, the Giants are in second place and are going to have to battle to win the division.  Hopefully, they take that seriously.  

Sadly for you, that was a game were you got a bunch of guys hurt. And some important ones. Your OL might be more banged up than ours right now.  So I don't think they took the game for granted... Or maybe the newpapers in NY got into their head and they thought it was won before even playing... Which would be non professionnal as you said. We've been doing it those last years.

But please, don't come and tell me our D was good or great. The way they got abused on that 4 and 16 was bad... OBJ was just OBJ on his TD, you guys are lucky to have him seriously, was freakishly impressive. All you can say after that is "Amen man, well played!"

Anyway, wish you luck for your remaining games Tom!

Always Mr. Classy the Tom [Giants fan]. :)

I have a friend who is a Giants fan who keeps on reminding us how many SB rings Eli has. I just ignore it.  Yesterday, this is what he posted and I decided to respond back (maybe it was a mistake)

HIM: "If it was a good game and we got beat then I would have no problem admitting to it. That game was horrible. Neither team played well. The pathetic O-line that the Giants fielded made the Skins D-line look like all-stars and our receivers looked like they were being paid by Snyder. OBJ and Kerrigan are really the only ones that played well. Other than that, I don't think either team should be happy with that performance."

"Why are Redskins fans so blind??? If you are happy with that performance then I really don't know what to say to you. I guess when you are that bad for so long even falling into a win seems like a championship???"

ME: I responded back with how we have only lost 1 home game and our D has been playing really well. He responds back with:

"The only explanation for this is that you didn't watch the game. The O-line was a siv. Everybody was just walking past them. With that happening nothing else has a chance of developing."

ME: I said, but Eli also had 3 interceptions maybe not all on him but I think two were. And he then responds back with:

"Like I said you didn't watch the game. You might have had the game on your TV and you might have noticed the people moving around on the screen but you didn't WATCH the game."

I don't know how to further respond back to him? Any tips would be most welcomed. :D

I don't know how to further respond back to him? Any tips would be most welcomed. :D

Sounds like an ass-bitten sore loser to me.

Tell him you watched the game, watched Eli be Eli, and watched a defense playing more aggressive and they had no answer for it.

If that doesn't work, send him a pic of a kid holding the 'L' sign on his forehead.

Always Mr. Classy the Tom [Giants fan]. :)

I have a friend who is a Giants fan who keeps on reminding us how many SB rings Eli has. I just ignore it.  Yesterday, this is what he posted and I decided to respond back (maybe it was a mistake)

HIM: "If it was a good game and we got beat then I would have no problem admitting to it. That game was horrible. Neither team played well. The pathetic O-line that the Giants fielded made the Skins D-line look like all-stars and our receivers looked like they were being paid by Snyder. OBJ and Kerrigan are really the only ones that played well. Other than that, I don't think either team should be happy with that performance."

"Why are Redskins fans so blind??? If you are happy with that performance then I really don't know what to say to you. I guess when you are that bad for so long even falling into a win seems like a championship???"

ME: I responded back with how we have only lost 1 home game and our D has been playing really well. He responds back with:

"The only explanation for this is that you didn't watch the game. The O-line was a siv. Everybody was just walking past them. With that happening nothing else has a chance of developing."

ME: I said, but Eli also had 3 interceptions maybe not all on him but I think two were. And he then responds back with:

"Like I said you didn't watch the game. You might have had the game on your TV and you might have noticed the people moving around on the screen but you didn't WATCH the game."

First of all, add Cousins to the list of playing well but I for one have commented on how sorry our team looked in this win especially in the second half. I mean 2 turn overs and not capitalize? Only 3 pts the second half? Letting Giants score 2 quick Td's in the fourth?  but most fans here seem to see it differently for some blind reason.

Archived