Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Congrats to you guys!

Tom [Giants fan]

Thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments.  But it is because I love and respect the game of football that I act the way I do.  I played high school football and wish I could have went further.  I coached high school football and wished I could have coached it at a higher level.  And have been watching it for 37 years.  If you don't respect a game and those in it (players and fans alike), you don't belong anywhere around it.

As others stated, we always appreciate your class and input, Tom!  You, and my misguided brother, the classiest G-Men fans I know.  Always welcome around these parts.

And, still....eff Mara.  Hail!!

I think that's true. The Redskins have proved that they can resurface just before being dragged under water for the final count, but they haven't proven they can swim. Likewise, the Giants are a Jeckyl and Hyde bunch.

Yesterday, gave us a breath of life, but decided nothing. The team that went toe to toe with the Patriots is still a real threat for the division. If the 'skins make any missteps, the Giants will surely capitalize.

They won't beat the Panthers or Vikings... With three starters out on the OL,, they shouldn't beat the Jets. As long as the Skins take at least two of three of the division games they should be in good shape and hold tie breakers.

Always Mr. Classy the Tom [Giants fan]. :)

I have a friend who is a Giants fan who keeps on reminding us how many SB rings Eli has. I just ignore it.  Yesterday, this is what he posted and I decided to respond back (maybe it was a mistake)

HIM: "If it was a good game and we got beat then I would have no problem admitting to it. That game was horrible. Neither team played well. The pathetic O-line that the Giants fielded made the Skins D-line look like all-stars and our receivers looked like they were being paid by Snyder. OBJ and Kerrigan are really the only ones that played well. Other than that, I don't think either team should be happy with that performance."

"Why are Redskins fans so blind??? If you are happy with that performance then I really don't know what to say to you. I guess when you are that bad for so long even falling into a win seems like a championship???"

ME: I responded back with how we have only lost 1 home game and our D has been playing really well. He responds back with:

"The only explanation for this is that you didn't watch the game. The O-line was a siv. Everybody was just walking past them. With that happening nothing else has a chance of developing."

ME: I said, but Eli also had 3 interceptions maybe not all on him but I think two were. And he then responds back with:

"Like I said you didn't watch the game. You might have had the game on your TV and you might have noticed the people moving around on the screen but you didn't WATCH the game."

I don't know how to further respond back to him? Any tips would be most welcomed. :D

I would go with the ever-popular F*** Mara!!!!

I have a friend who is a Giants fan who keeps on reminding us how many SB rings Eli has. I just ignore it.  Yesterday, this is what he posted and I decided to respond back (maybe it was a mistake)

HIM: "If it was a good game and we got beat then I would have no problem admitting to it. That game was horrible. Neither team played well. The pathetic O-line that the Giants fielded made the Skins D-line look like all-stars and our receivers looked like they were being paid by Snyder. OBJ and Kerrigan are really the only ones that played well. Other than that, I don't think either team should be happy with that performance."

"Why are Redskins fans so blind??? If you are happy with that performance then I really don't know what to say to you. I guess when you are that bad for so long even falling into a win seems like a championship???"

ME: I responded back with how we have only lost 1 home game and our D has been playing really well. He responds back with:

"The only explanation for this is that you didn't watch the game. The O-line was a siv. Everybody was just walking past them. With that happening nothing else has a chance of developing."

ME: I said, but Eli also had 3 interceptions maybe not all on him but I think two were. And he then responds back with:

"Like I said you didn't watch the game. You might have had the game on your TV and you might have noticed the people moving around on the screen but you didn't WATCH the game."

I don't know how to further respond back to him? Any tips would be most welcomed. :D

Respond with the final score.  That's all that matters.

After a Sunday at Six Flags, I came back to the bar where I worked back in the 90s, knowing that the Redskins had lost to the Iggles, but played a good game, from what I heard on radio en route.

My favorite dude behind the bar said, "It's only wins & losses in the paper, Mary.  They don't have a column for "played good ball".  I have NEVER forgotten that. 

HAIL!

Tom you are a giants fan an you are a nice giants fan, which is kind of damning praise - like being the nicest of the damned...

One thing that has really been bugging me is the narative (and i have said this before) the Giants are a great team and the rest of the division is pants - But no Giants fan is classy enough to say they got beat... to say they lost it gives no credit to the opponent - but then when the HC and the players have no class then how can we expect the fans to be different.

Yes they played the Patriots close but did so at home - Had the skins played the pats or the Panthers at home given how the home form is could they have been closer games ? The last time we did play the patriots at fed ex i seem to remember the game omming down to a PI on Moss and INT that stopped the last minute drive.And what did that count for ?  This is the same giants team that lost to the Saints and are currently 2-3 in the division nincluding an ugly 27-7 loss against the Eagles..  

I know why Redskins fans were so nervous on sunday because we have no track record to allow us to believe and we should be pissed the game got as close as it did. For 3 quaters we had them on a goose egg - lets not forget that - there were interceptions but the Blackmon one espcially was a great play by Will ..and then he had great coverage on Beckham on that falling down touchdown - Anyone but OJB and that was incomplete

I can thak you for comming on here an giving congratulations but to me going onto someone elses fan board to start a thread like this can be seen as a little insulting - just my oppinion.

First of all, add Cousins to the list of playing well but I for one have commented on how sorry our team looked in this win especially in the second half.

I have to ask, just how good do you think this patchwork team of walking wounded should/could look? lol We got conservative on both sides of the ball late, to burn clock and (try) to preserve a lead.. But we were 1 blown coverage and a circus catch away from a 20-0 or 20-3 win? Also, I'd add Breeland, Blackmon, Dunbar, Morris, Jackson, Garcon to the list of Cousins and Kerrigan, who had good games.. Im sure there are others as well.. Just sayin.. :)

Ask him "What is playing well?

For a team to play well, the other guys in front of it have to suck. Then, you can always wonder if they suck because the others are great or are the first great because the other sucks."

Then tell him he's got 4 Hours.

First of all, add Cousins to the list of playing well but I for one have commented on how sorry our team looked in this win especially in the second half. I mean 2 turn overs and not capitalize? Only 3 pts the second half? Letting Giants score 2 quick Td's in the fourth?  but most fans here seem to see it differently for some blind reason.

Because other guys are playing football as well. OBJ was just OBJ. Only that 4th and 16 to Randle got me concerned. Some guys on this Giants team had 1 or 2 Rings, including their HC. They're not the Patriots, but they ain't the Browns either.

And it's still the ****ing NFC East where there's no easy game.

Tough and gritty, as always. Just what we like.

Forget about responding to him with anything except that commercial where Eli himself says that his past accomplishments don't mean anything now.  It is this year that counts.  I love the Giants have 4 Super Bowls and beat the Patriots twice but what does that do for this year?  Nothing!  It is going to be a battle for the division right down to Week 17.  And probably involving all four teams.

Nice to hear from you, Tom.

Thought for sure we would hear from you when the Giants won the first game. :)

This probably will be a two-team race as the Eagles seem to be reeling and the Cowboys too far back, and seem to be nothing without Romo.

The one possible advantage the Redskins have is the schedule (at least on paper :) ). They get the Cowboys twice, the Eagles, the Bills, and the Bears. All winnable games, with the toughest one probably being the one at Soldier Field against Chicago. 

The Giants still have to face the Jets, Panthers, and Vikings.

The Eagles still have to face the Patriots and the Cardinals (and the Redskins :) ).

It will be an interesting five weeks. :)

Anyway, wish you luck for your remaining games Tom!

I wish Tom the best personally but don't think we can afford to wish him luck for the remaining games -- Giants can still easily take this division.  Even Tom admitted he's rooting for Dallas Monday Night.   I am all for Jets, Jets, Jets, this Sunday.  :)

I don't know what would be more gratifying.  Both finishing 10-6 and us advancing to the playoffs while Mara gets sent a card with a picture of the final score with the headline reading something like "36Million you stole from us and you STILL weren't able to beat us"  or just a simple picture of DS saying EFF YOU MARA!!!

Or, us finishing 10-6, they finish 6-10 while also sending them a card.  Either way, I would be happy.

Archived