Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to host former Saints outside linebacker Junior Galette for visit

FrFan

That's the other part of all this.  Through his attorney, he's gone on record as saying that's not even him on the tape, so if it's determined that IS actually him, then he's a liar that isn't willing to own up to this.  Which would speak to him being the kind of guy that's liable to get into more trouble.  Kinda Floyd Mayweather-esque with an "I never laid a hand on anybody" attitude, even though there's a trail of beat up people behind him.

If it's not him, then the Saints just cut him just cuz he's a bad guy to have in the locker room. That's not good either. 

This ^^^^ is actually the main concern for me.  His lawyer says its not him, so if he denies it and then they find out he is lying, that is a bigger deal to me than I witnessed in the video.  if he won't own up to it that is more serious than what he is being accused of IMO

Yes he's a possible risk but the Saints are still on the hook for his $$$. But for all the Knuckle heads the Cowgirls sign they somehow seem to pan out and give them good value. So all I know is our OL better block that dude Greg Hardy when we play them or we will be wishing we signed him.

Furthermore, you can't deny his production he gave the Saints the last 2 seasons and if we sign him and he gives us that without any drama I think it will be worth it.

This morning when I heard about it, I was dead set against bringing him in.  I just feel like he's a bad dude.

However, my love of the Redskins trumps all.  We need talent.  He has it.  It's not like he's getting $20m guaranteed.  It's low risk, high reward.  Get him signed.

This ^^^^ is actually the main concern for me.  His lawyer says its not him, so if he denies it and then they find out he is lying, that is a bigger deal to me than I witnessed in the video.  if he won't own up to it that is more serious than what he is being accused of IMO

Oh, it's definitely him and he's definitely lying.  Unless he has a twin with the same haircut, beard, and jacked up ear.

1305995648614752806.png

In any case, the video is just part of a pattern that also includes his constant dumping on teammates,  whining publicly about teammates making more money than him, and his multiple unrelated arrests.

Still, its baggage, not something you want to see from your football players...but he seems pretty talented from what I can tell.  If SM talks to him and is satisfied with his story and his personality I wouldn't question it; we would be getting him cheap as well so the cap risk is very low.  I will trust SM&co's  judgement on this one.

I haven't frequented this site as much as I used to when I was younger or I would be more brushed up on the rules but I do not think I am allowed to post the link to the video or I would.  

I guess will we hear from them pretty soon. The Saints decided to dump him and to take a $12 million cap hit !

Scot overlooking a guy with character issues tells me he doesn't like something he is seeing at that position thus far.... 

Whats worse, a guy that can't play or questionable character. 

Today is the first day of camp.  Not sure what he's seen so far to make that assumption.

I think we should let someone else sign this guy. He just seems like a problem waiting to happen.

Living in Biloxi,MS I watched most every Saints game that didn't conflict with the Skins. Junior can rush the passer, he was definitely the best pass rusher on the Saints roster. That said, their defense was very bad. He was not usually in very good position to get involved in stopping the run, but that really wasn't his role in their schemes.

Off field he is an idiot. Between the domestic violence, beach brawling, and Twitter rants I can't imagine anyone wanting to play with him.

Not a bad football player, no where near good enough to consider signing based on his drama off the field. The upside doesn't justify the downside. Stay away.

Today is the first day of camp.  Not sure what he's seen so far to make that assumption.

I think we should let someone else sign this guy. He just seems like a problem waiting to happen.

How many days has he had his eyes on his latest draft picks, Murphy, other LBs etc? It seems like OTAs have been going on for months. 

it would seem OTA's allow coaches to get a feel for how smart players are, did they report in good shape, are they a good fit for the defense.... to me. 

Man in my book if your a woman beater you are a scum bag. I hesitate to embrace this possiable deal, way to much baggage. Talent wise yeah a easy call to make. I know we are a country of seconed chances, but a woman beater I tend to want to say dissmissed!!! 

Its up to the Skins on what to do. Hail

I have to assume that all the teams are looking to pick him up cheap and with a lot of escape clauses.  So my guess is that he'll be looking to do a one year deal.  At 27, that would put him in a good position to score one more big contract.

The bottom line for me is that NO is paying out the nose to get rid of him, so that ought to be a red flag.  With Knighton on a one-year contract and Goldson effectively on a one year contract, another one-year contract on defense doesn't sound like a great idea to me.

I have to assume that all the teams are looking to pick him up cheap and with a lot of escape clauses. So my guess is that he'll be looking to do a one year deal. At 27, that would put him in a good position to score one more big contract.

The bottom line for me is that NO is paying out the nose to get rid of him, so that ought to be a red flag. With Knighton on a one-year contract and Goldson effectively on a one year contract, another one-year contract on defense doesn't sound like a great idea to me.

Setting aside the character stuff for a second, I don't see why another 1-year deal would hurt. Ease in the young guys at OLB across from Kerrigan, keep a nice rotation this year. We aren't going to the SB, but we are trying to win games.

Timing is odd to me, because just yesterday I watched a TV pundit talk about the Kerrigan deal. He said it was Scotty Mac sending a message that he rewards high character guys. And then today happened....

Well, pundits speculate. It's what they do.

Setting aside the character stuff for a second, I don't see why another 1-year deal would hurt. Ease in the young guys at OLB across from Kerrigan, keep a nice rotation this year. We aren't going to the SB, but we are trying to win games.

I'm all for developing players, but at some point you need to start working on building a team.  Knighton, Hatcher, and Goldson all have a good chance of leaving, or being forced to leave unless they rework their contracts,  Having four players leave on defense is a lot.

Archived