Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

5 minutes ago, TK said:

Typhoid Mary

That the crazy ****? I'm only on ep 4, so I'm probably way behind most of yall. I couldn't place "Walker." Never heard of her.

Wonder if the actress playing her spent time in a real psych ward with people. She legitimately reminds me of people I've come across with that disorder. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

That the crazy ****? I'm only on ep 4, so I'm probably way behind most of yall. I couldn't place "Walker." Never heard of her.

Wonder if the actress playing her spent time in a real psych ward with people. She legitimately reminds me of people I've come across with that disorder. 

Mary Walker aka Typhoid Mary

• Like 1

Ok, comparing it to last season, I liked it, a lot. Went on a 5 ep tear last night. The short length of it took me by surprise, but it was probably for the best.

I liked Davos as a villain, LOVED Typhoid Mary as sort of a wild card (I'm assuming Danny and Daredevil both interact quite a bit in DDS3 to bring her character evolution full circle, with Bullseye and Kingpin).

I loved the whole Frodo/Sam thing Danny and Ward had going on, as well as the Star Wars lightsabering of the Iron Fist. Awesome.

It kept me entertained, wanting to see what happened next. I couldn't say that about S1. And like I assumed from the getgo, it's just not going to be on the level of the other shows. But it doesn't have to suck. And to me, it didn't suck.

PS- I kinda wish Davos was the real Iron Fist :kickcan:

Spoiler

Oh, I also like how they're further exploring everyone's powers, like Colleens Iron Fist Sword or whatever, and Danny being able to control firearms/projectiles. After awhile you kinda start to forget that these people are superheroes. I'd like more of a bridge there. Seemed like they only did it with Daredevil. 

Edited by Mr. Sinister

21 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah, I think that's the wrong one to get out of order, unless you don't mind major Defenders spoilers

I'm sure it'll be spoiled but I got them out of order but mistake and then I was a few eps in. I'll hit Defenders next and then JJ2 and IF2 after that.

9 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I never did watch The Punisher.  While I like Bernthal, and like the character in Daredevil, I never was interested in the character by himself.  Not as a kid into comic books and not as an adult.  He never seemed special to me.

The TV version is interesting because I think they do justice to how much of a bad ass he is before and the rage he deals with after his wife and kids death. The show has really fleshed out his arc (I have about 5 eps left - so I'm hoping it's not a let down finish).

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Hmm, this was kinda out of the blue, but at the same time, not wholly unexpected, given the nature of what goes down in the show.

As the article implies though, I think this directly opens the door for something like Heroes for Hire/Daughters of the Dragon, something people have been clamoring for.

I also had no idea it wasn't all that well received. I also didnt know there was a direct way to gauge Netflix viewership.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

33 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Looks ok. My only interest in it is seeing how it ties into Infinity war and what she brings to the table 

Exactly. I don't really care too much about the background/origin stuff. I mean, it'll be interesting I'm sure, but with Avengers/Infinity War already in full swing, that's what my main focus is and how she fits into that.

28 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

She gonna give Thanos them hands

I hope they build her up as this massive world beater and then Thanos swats her aside like a bug.  That's essentially how the comics did it.  She wasn't in that story but they kept dragging in stronger entities and Thanos just laid them all out.  Galactus and the astral entities, being that can swat planets out of existence show up together and they also catch a beating.  It really cemented just how powerful the mad Titan had become, and that power is essential to the story line.  Thanos can not be beaten in a stand up fight, he humbles every single one of them... and is ultimately defeated by the weakest being present.  The one that gets overlooked. 

• Like 1