Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who (Which QB) should get the most snaps, this week?

Larry

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB should get the bulk of the snaps, in practice, this week?

• Robert Griffin III
    • Kirk Cousins
    • Colt McCoy
    • Other. (Just because)

I do feel for Cousins. I never thought he was going to unseat Griffin, but the poor guy went from Hero to zero so fast. Hope he catches on somewhere else and can restore his career

It's about time McCoy got his shot! I think we have found a diamond in the rough.

This is like the Cousins 2.0 lingo. Forget it, WE have one option on this team, and if his named isn't Robert Griffin III then we have no QB and it's back to the search

Gruden will go with the hot hand.  Griffin isn't in game shape yet, and Gruden won't rush him back on the field like Shanny did last year.  Besides, it would be very wise to see what we have in McCoy.  A 138. QB rating in a half, without taking any reps!!!  He deserves to get all the reps this week. 

How many touch down passes did Griffin have in 5 quarters?  I rest my case, there's no need to rush him back in again.  He can learn a lot taking mental reps, just like young QB's used to do in the good old days. 

I think you split the reps between RGIII and Colt. Kirk is done his confidence is shot and he does not need to come against the Cowboys right now either. - I would be tempted to dress RGIII as the back up if his is 80-90% but ideally I want him comming back after the bye.

Gruden will go with the hot hand.  Griffin isn't in game shape yet, and Gruden won't rush him back on the field like Shanny did last year.  Besides, it would be very wise to see what we have in McCoy.  A 138. QB rating in a half, without taking any reps!!!  He deserves to get all the reps this week. 

How many touch down passes did Griffin have in 5 quarters?  I rest my case, there's no need to rush him back in again.  He can learn a lot taking mental reps, just like young QB's used to do in the good old days. 

"Hot hand?????"  That's a laugher.  There is no hot hand on this team.  The only thing close to a hot hand is whoever's hand is holding this steaming pile of **** being dressed up as a professional football team.  I vote for other.  The corpse of Slinging Sammy Baugh has a better chance of beating Dallas than any of the three clowns we currently have. 

I voted Colt based on the assumption that RG is not 100% healthy.

I think the only shot we have to win this game is to catch the Cowboys completely off guard somehow. I would start the game with a heavy dose of the read option with Colt (he runs well enough to be a threat). We will need to do something that the Cowboys haven't prepared for in practice and hopefully jump out to an early lead. Let's face it, we have no chance of stopping their offense. It's going to take some turnovers and good breaks to pull this off.

The only positive I see is that if we can somehow pull the upset, it could galvanize this team and get them to believe that we can go on a run. I'm not holding out much hope for that though.

If Robert wont be ready, stick with Cousins. Support him with a heavy dose of run game. Cousins if far and away a better QB than Colt. Colt did nothing in the game but dink/dunk his way to a good QB rating. It was a great play on a dink/dunk pass to Garcon. Garcon saved that game... not Colt.

Colt should get the majority with Griffin getting the second string reps to start building his chemistry with the receivers again with Cousins getting 3rd string. This is hoping that Colt doesn't get hurt and doesn't totally bomb and throw 6 picks.

Griffin needs to get as many snaps as possible, but we also need to ensure our starting qb for this game has the reps as well.

Edit- After reading thru this thread, you people do realize that when Griffin is fully healed, he is starting, no questions asked, right? Colt will not start another game this season unless Griffin gets injured again. Soooooo lets just calm down with this "diamond in the rough" stuff with Colt. He is a backup on this team and will continue to be so barring circumstances unforeseen this season.

This sounds stupid but why not play all three.  It seems the team plays better whenever there is a switch in QB.  It goes against all rules but we will have the upper hand on the opposing team trying to defend it.

Cousins plays first 2 drives, then Colt for 2. Just keep Cousins out of the 2nd half. Colt and RG3 can rotate in the 2nd half.

I'll be in the minority and say Cousins. He has more talent than McCoy (whose arm is somehow worse than Kirk's) and he has a better handle on the offense. He's hot and cold. Colt was asked to do nothing and excelled.

Am I a Cousins fan? No. He's been awful. But he has a higher ceiling than Colt and gives us the best potential chance to win, which is basically zero at this point.

Above all, DON'T RUSH RG3 BACK.

None of them.! We should have tried to gey Payton 3 years ago. I was pratically laughed off the earth with my suggestion then. Well look at the situation now! This team would be alot better if we had those 3 first and a second rounder starting for this team. Thats my story and I am sticking to it. Hail or should I say Hell.

If I thought we had a chance to do something big this year I would be on the get Griff in there bandwagon. But as I don't think we have much of a chance to do anything this year I hope they hold Griff back and make SURE he is 100%.

I'll be in the minority and say Cousins. He has more talent than McCoy (whose arm is somehow worse than Kirk's) and he has a better handle on the offense. He's hot and cold. Colt was asked to do nothing and excelled.

Am I a Cousins fan? No. He's been awful. But he has a higher ceiling than Colt and gives us the best potential chance to win, which is basically zero at this point.

Above all, DON'T RUSH RG3 BACK.

so...you say that kirk gives us the best potential chance to win, which is right now zero...if he's "better than colt", does that mean colt gives us a less than zero chance to win?

i think colt should get the snaps. RG3 should get some snaps too since he's going to start practicing tomorrow. kirk should just stay far away from the offense.

Archived