Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who wants Olive Garden?

Slateman

My personal opinion is that if I ever have to start thinking of ways to save a dollar or 2. I'll put a bullet in my head. No bs. That's no way to live.

What a spoiled and snobby-little-prick attitude to have. Can't wait until you're out from under mommy's dress and have to experience real life.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.
  • Like 2

Tough call. I'd have to see what the variety of pasta options are, and unairbrushed pics of the cheerleaders before making that decision.

On ANYTHING I buy or just check out online, I ALWAYS read the negative reviews first. Including Yelp. Books on Amazon normally have the best ones though

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Lately I've grown fond of visiting local businesses or going to YELP in order to dine at places with good reviews. Assuming Olive Garden does poorly on YELP so won't bother. 

Everyone else should download YELP on their phone and dine at the highly recommended restaurants

I prefer the TV Food Maps app. It locates all the restaurants that have been featured on TV in the surrounding area. You can find some of those Diner's, Drive-Ins and Dives.

Lately I've grown fond of visiting local businesses or going to YELP in order to dine at places with good reviews. Assuming Olive Garden does poorly on YELP so won't bother. 

Everyone else should download YELP on their phone and dine at the highly recommended restaurants

I do this anytime I visit a city I've never been too. Pull up Yelp and look for places with good reviews that sound good.

Must be struggling for business...better food might help.

It's like McDonalds. As I've mentioned on here many a times over the years, my dad is an area supervisor for the DC area. For the corporation at the moment. Tons of stores. Few in Maryland, few in Northern VA, ton in DC. (I remember growing up, he helped run the McDonald's on the base at Guantanamo Bay; would have to fly to Cuba a couple times a year. Not anymore though, not for a long time.) He makes really good money, six figures--but goddamn did it take a long time to get to that point and he still works a ridiculous amount of hours. Anyway, talking to him the other week, said in 35 years of working for them, this is the worst business has ever been. Another thing, they really ****ed themselves with the dollar menu. They were the first to do that. Was supposed to be a one time promotion but it caused all the competition to follow suit and they had to stick with it as a result. They're losing money with it. Why you've seen them--if you're paying attention--slowly moving away from it.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Yelp is hit or miss.  I've been to plenty of restaurants where the food was great, service great, etc. and there are half of the Yelp reviews slamming the place, etc.  Anyone can write a bad review from a competitor joint, so unless you know the people writing the review, it's hard to know which ones are correct.

Same goes when someone gives it a 4-5 star rating, could be friends of the owner or employees that work there.  

I take Yelp with a grain of salt when I read reviews.  If I read an overwhelming amount of bad reviews, based on the date written and see a ton of good/great reviews followed at a later date.  I'll give it a shot, cause that might indicate management/staff change which could have been the problem.

Some places are just bad, but if the reviews are in very small number/sample size, it's hard to get a handle on how good or how bad the joint is.

Pick one:

Lunch and Dinner at Olive Garden (you have to eat a pasta every meal) for a month straight BUT you get to bring any redskins cheerleader with you to each meal

OR

Herpes

i'm a cheap ****... if someone else is paying for my food for a month, i'd take it 

(without the cheerleader herpes carrot/stick)

• 6 months later...

At the risk of feeling the wrath of z, from my experience of the Olive Garden in OKC, the food was pretty darn good. 

And this is coming from an extensively travelled European who likes to indulge in great food and wine, not least in Italy. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven