Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Officially worse then Zorn/Spurrier. I am totally defeated as a fan

SkinsHokieFan

The 2002-2003 and 2008-2009 Redskins organizations were a joke. A complete joke

However I could take solace in the fact that the organization was run by utter boobs (Cerrato/Spurrier/Zorn)

A numbskull as "GM" and 2 coaches in over their heads.

However this is different.

The organization is run by professionals. By football men who have won or been to Superbowls.

Dan Snyder is, at least for now, appearing to be out of the picture.

The Redskins DO have that franchise QB in place. The best RB since Riggo.

The team is in year 4 of the same coaching staff. Continuity and building upon schemes.

Yet this team, since January 6th really, has been a complete debacle. The entire offseason drama and the fact that the performance on the field has been a joke.

I am about as deflated as I have ever been as a fan. At least those dark years I knew what could be done next to fix things.

Now I am just not sure. 

I'm apathetic.

I felt how you were feeling after the Minny game.

I laughed through this one

I care too much about this team to be apathetic. 

I could during Zorn and during 2011 because I wanted the team to be as bad as possible for either organizational change or a very high pick for a QB.

This year though. I just don't know. 

Gibbs 2 with Vinny > old ego and Bruce

Gibbs 2 might be one of the greatest coaching jobs ever considering what he had to deal with in the organization.

I always had hope, even during 2006, with Gibbs 2.

I have no idea what to hang my hat on right now. 

We're one game closer to a change happening. I'm not all that upset, to be honest.

That is my issue here, will change actually help?

There are real professional football guys running this organization and it is still a debacle.

If anything, I would expect at least Dallas like mediocrity. 5-6, 6-5 at worst.

3-8 and got dominated in year 4. 

Gibbs 2 might be one of the greatest coaching jobs ever considering what he had to deal with in the organization.

I always had hope, even during 2006, with Gibbs 2.

I have no idea what to hang my hat on right now.

Coach Gibbs always had the team prepared and motivated, rarely... RARELY did we show up like this during Gibbs 2 WITH VINNY

I don't know either SHF.  Through the first eight games of the season this team was no great shakes, but you just get the sense that blowing the game against the Vikings really took the starch out of this club.  They sleptwalk through the first three quarters of the Eagles game and, even though San Fran is a solid team, were totally overpowered tonight.

I've picked the Redskins to win the past four weeks and the first one was the only one that I got right, and San Diego nearly pulled it off at the end.  I want to still say that they can win maybe 3 out of the last 5, but am I really being honest?  Even with the salary cap and RG3's injury, 5-11 or worse is putrid......at this point, I'd love to see a fresh face in here.

Excellent thread as I think it really expresses the fan sentiment right now--- it certainly does for me. I just don't know what I even want them to do anymore. They did what I wanted. They really did. Fan turned the keys over to some pretty respected and accomplished football guys. And four years in not only are we not better, we are humiliating. I'm shocked that things went the way they did this year--- I'll be the first to admit I never saw it coming and I thought we'd at least be very competent under Shanny after last year.

I guess you just keep hiring and firing people under you fall ass backwards into someone that works out.

I really don't know.

I am baffled. I don't even know if a new coaching staff will help the problem

One thing it might at least temporarily resolve is the apparent dysfunctional locker room.  Things like Fred Davis reportedly skipping meetings out of spite this week.

I know a lot of what we heard may be just speculation but you know the old saying, "Where there's smoke, there's fire."

Right now this team doesn't look like a team that wants to play.  Why that is, I don't know.

But a fresh start with a new staff would at least temporarily solve that issue.

I don't know if it's even the right move long term (though it's looking more and more like it is) but the dysfunction exhibited by this team right now is the thing that concerns me the most.

Excellent thread as I think it really expresses the fan sentiment right now--- it certainly does for me. I just don't know what I even want them to do anymore. They did what I wanted. They really did. Fan turned the keys over to some pretty respected and accomplished football guys. And four years in not only are we not better, we are humiliating. I'm shocked that things went the way they did this year--- I'll be the first to admit I never saw it coming and I thought we'd at least be very competent under Shanny after last year.

I guess you just keep hiring and firing people under you fall ass backwards into someone that works out.

I really don't know.

I think Dan Snyder really has to allow the tone to be set by a GM, who hires everyone and is THE guy in the organization.

He needs to find his Beathard. 

Other then that, I really am not sure how the hell you fix this. We are supposed to have the ingredients 

Shanahan in this PC is reminding me of Steve Spurrier in late 2003. Just defeated 

I really don't know.

I think you summed up my thoughts pretty well.  I don't know what I want them to do anymore.

The 2002-2003 and 2008-2009 Redskins organizations were a joke. A complete joke

However I could take solace in the fact that the organization was run by utter boobs (Cerrato/Spurrier/Zorn)

A numbskull as "GM" and 2 coaches in over their heads.

However this is different.

The organization is run by professionals. By football men who have won or been to Superbowls.

Dan Snyder is, at least for now, appearing to be out of the picture.

The Redskins DO have that franchise QB in place. The best RB since Riggo.

The team is in year 4 of the same coaching staff. Continuity and building upon schemes.

Yet this team, since January 6th really, has been a complete debacle. The entire offseason drama and the fact that the performance on the field has been a joke.

I am about as deflated as I have ever been as a fan. At least those dark years I knew what could be done next to fix things.

Now I am just not sure.

I do disagree with the part about not knowing what it takes to fix this. Snyder continues to be the problem. The Redskins are a dysfunctional organization with this clown in charge surrounded by his posse of yes men and ass kissers. I will articulate more clearly in a thread later this week

I felt nothing after tonights L. Get it over with.

Not sure what the answer is. On one hand, you could fire Shanahan, but then yu are starting over AGAIN. New players, new systems, new coaches, new everything.  On the other hand, you could ride it out with the Shanahan's (maybe get a new DC), but then you run the risk of going fr the status quo simply out of fear of the unknown, and hamstringing your new staff (with less $$ to get new players) if Shanahan bombs again in '14

Its like being in purgatory

Mike Shanahan is the worst head coach this organization has ever fielded in history. Worse than Norv. Worse than Spurrier. Worse than Zorn. You name em, Shanny has failed harder and more spectacularly. Hindsight is 20/20 but you shouldn't be asking why we're failing with professional NFL guys - because Mike Shanahan is not a professional, he's a charlatan. It's like asking why you're still sick when your doctor is a quack. I ignored the signs, his constantly unprepared and underachieving Broncos teams and his inane personnel moves like signing the Cleveland DL. But he's essentially Norv Turner, decent offensive mind (or he was in the 90s) but terrible at management.

McNabb.

Brown.

Haynesworth.

The 2010 draft.

The 2011 draft.

Haslett.

Burns.

Smith.

The OL.

Seattle

QB development (keep in mind Cousins also stares down his WRs and doesn't always go through progressions - sounds like a systemic issue)

Failure after failure after failure. Zorn and Norv have better records and both had less talent. I bought into him but he's a joke. Inherited a good team, found a nice gimmick with the ZBS WCO, rode it to SBs until he had to build the team himself.

Fire Shanny and Allen and get a real general manager in.

I do disagree with the part about not knowing what it takes to fix this. Snyder continues to be the problem. The Redskins are a dysfunctional organization with this clown in charge surrounded by his posse of yes men and ass kissers. I will articulate more clearly in a thread later this week

Really look forward to this since you have much more access and see these guys.

I get that sense also about the ass kissers and yes men 

Archived