Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Griffin Points Blame At Coaching (Postgame-Eagles)

truskinsfan18

To paraphrase, when asked about why they weren't able to execute the passing game, he responded: They did a great job of scheming us up. They knew exactly what was coming before it happened.

That's not word for word, but it's pretty close.

He is clearly saying we were out schemed.  Scheme is the responsibility of the coaching staff. By saying that he indirectly placed blame on the coaching staff.

There's no way he could possibly put that game on the coaches after missing so many passes. 

Oh he would, and the Griffin Fan Club would back him too; he's simply the best thing since sliced bread, and his overthrows are because the receivers shrunk. If the guy came out and said 'you know, I thought I was ready this season but its obvious that I wasn't', i'd give him the benefit of a doubt; but he seems to be developing an arrogance and denial mentality that its everyone elses fault except his. That's what turns me off about the guy

The amount of open receivers is being greatly exaggerated by this fanbase. Even the announcers were saying no one could get open and how tremendous the eagles game plan was.

There were at least three plays on the final drive alone where RG3 badly missed an open WR. Now granted one of them was the deep ball to Robinson where he was throwing on the run, very tough throw so more excusable, but still.

This year there have been MANY plays where RG3 misses an open WR only to throw to a guy who's covered. This is why I'm so convinced that with Cousins we'd have a better record. The offense would be a lot more consistent, even if we wouldn't have the big play running potential from the QB.

Oh he would, and the Griffin Fan Club would back him too; he's simply the best thing since sliced bread, and his overthrows are because the receivers shrunk. If the guy came out and said 'you know, I thought I was ready this season but its obvious that I wasn't', i'd give him the benefit of a doubt; but he seems to be developing an arrogance and denial mentality that its everyone elses fault except his. That's what turns me off about the guy

No you wouldn't. You'd blast him for something else. The Griffin fan club has nothing to do with this, it's the idiots who think a second year QB coming off of a major knee injury that happened less than a year ago, protected by this OL and surrounded with next to nothing to throw to should be an MVP and a pro bowl player.

I knew this would happen. I knew the moment he got hurt he would struggle and this fanbase would turn on him. Just like the fans who turned on Alfred Morris after the first couple games "he's a system back, the league figured him out, he's too slow". I'm sick of it, I can't stand this fanbase anymore. Young players take time, let alone young players coming back from major injuries.

I'm not sure that's a knock on coaching at all, rather a compliment to the Eagles preparation.

I didn't read it like that either....more him giving props to the Eagles.  I wonder what conversations he has with Kyle on the sideline after he misses easy passes.  I hope he doesn't try to blame others.  I know he does not do that much on the microphone but that could be a different person than on the sidelines and locker room.

It does feel like we are getting outcoached a lot especially on defense.  The players own their crappy play also, but I can't believe that some of these players who are contributing almost zero don't have some strengths a good coach could exploit.  Teh other question is always... who's improving, who's playing at a steady plateau and who's declining.

Can you name me three players on the entire roster who have improved their play from last year?

I'm not sure that's a knock on coaching at all, rather a compliment to the Eagles preparation.

By saying we were out schemed and the other team knew exactly what we were doing isn't blaming the coaching staff?

Who creates the schemes and implements them during the week? Yep that's right, the coaching.

It's pretty clear.

I'm on the fence about who I'm scapegoating this week.

True, griff missed some open receivers.

But I don't think our coaching staff could be accused of being able to coach their way out of a paper bag. Certainly, they've made mistakes.

Can I blame both? Players and coaches?

When I saw the thread, I thought "Oh no." But then I see this is just one poster paraphrasing him.

Bob played bad enough today for me to start calling him Bob, but I still have hope he will develop.

If he really was throwing coach under the bus, then we would have a serious problem. I just don't see enough evidence cited here to say that.

I'll have to listen to it and get back to you. I hope to find him owning up to playing a poor game.

The Eagles defense didn't gameplan or scheme worth a **** if the Skins actually execute.  They came out and showed they were going to run and did at ease from the beginning of the game.  The passing game was off due to overthrows and missed open receivers, you don't rush for over 160 in the first half against a great gameplan.  To do that w/o a passing game is pretty impressive to me.  If you hit those throws then you keep drives alive.  Griffin cannot sense pressure or read a defense pre-snap to save his life either.  He also made some bad decisions in the Read-Option (running inside instead of taking it out and easily getting the first), handing to Alfred instead of keeping it 1 time and vice versa on another.

Having said that, I think he'll be fine over time but to defend him and discount his mistakes is being a complete homer.

Archived