Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Houston needs to find a way to extend their bench.  Especially without CP3.  They played a perfect game in the first half and then completely lost their legs.  You can not play tough perimeter D over the course of a whole game with only seven guys getting minutes.  Nor can you go shot for shot with the best shooting team ever in the second half.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Houston took their best shot. This might be it for the game and the series.

Really depends on if CP3 can go in Game 7.  I feel like we've been trying to call this series all series, its only fitting that it goes 7 games.

1 minute ago, AJ* said:

It's looking like Cavs vs GSW Finals part...I lost count. Is this #4?

Wait, people are taking the Cavs in Boston without Love?  Boston hasn't lost a home game since early April, its about to be Memorial Day.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Houston needs to find a way to extend their bench.  Especially without CP3.  They played a perfect game in the first half and then completely lost their legs.  You can not play tough perimeter D over the course of a whole game with only seven guys getting minutes.  Nor can you go shot for shot with the best shooting team ever in the second half.

They've only really been playing 7.  They played exactly 7 last game.  They gave minutes to Mbah a Moute in the first half to try and balance out the lost of CP3.

It looked like to me 2 things happened:

1.  GS cut out the turnovers/isoshots and that limited Houston's ability to run.  Houston's first quarter offense was really the result of bad GS offense.

2.  Too many Rockets turnovers, which were partly tied to the lack of another ball handler.

Edited by PeterMP

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Wait, people are taking the Cavs in Boston without Love?  Boston hasn't lost a home game since early April, its about to be Memorial Day.

Boston is still a young team and I don't trust Horford to be that veteran to come up big when it mattes. They've had a lot of success at home but Game 7 is a different beast. I'll be glad to be wrong though. I wouldn't mind some new teams in the Finals this year.

2 minutes ago, AJ* said:

Boston is still a young team and I don't trust Horford to be that veteran to come up big when it mattes. They've had a lot of success at home but Game 7 is a different beast. I'll be glad to be wrong though. I wouldn't mind some new teams in the Finals this year.

I hear what you're saying, but this young team is one win away from the finals.  At this point, they belong.  Until I can see the Cavs role players play better in Boston, no way I can expect any different.  The Garden in the playoffs is a beast in and of itself, team is totally different at home.

This just feels like too tall a task for LeBron without someone going off to help him.  That guy would've been Love.  This may be that "Give LeBron the Ball" game, like Kobe in Toronto.  I'd like to see him drop 60+ and see what happens.

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I hear what you're saying, but this young team is one win away from the finals.  At this point, they belong.  Until I can see the Cavs role players play better in Boston, no way I can expect any different.  The Garden in the playoffs is a beast in and of itself, team is totally different at home.

This just feels like too tall a task for LeBron without someone going off to help him.  That guy would've been Love.  This may be that "Give LeBron the Ball" game, like Kobe in Toronto.  I'd like to see him drop 60+ and see what happens.

You mean the Cavs starting back court of Hill and Smith scoring a grand total of 21 points in 3 games at Boston doesn't inspire confidence?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Draymond Green has sucked ass this series.  He rebounds, but in that line up, someone has to get them.  Aside from that he has brought nothing to the table.

.I think your rose colored glasses are a bit of that deeper tint. 

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I must of missed this, how often does Golden State drop confettie and blow off fireworks after non-elimination games?

Last home game for the series. I get it, no idea the frequency of that though.