Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Fultz not starting for the 76ers.  The noise surrounding him has changed radically since the draft.  It was that he was clearly the best player with a dominant offensive game.  Now the news is that he can't shoot worth a damn, his free throws are embarrassing, and he's not starting.  Weird.

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Fultz not starting for the 76ers.  The noise surrounding him has changed radically since the draft.  It was that he was clearly the best player with a dominant offensive game.  Now the news is that he can't shoot worth a damn, his free throws are embarrassing, and he's not starting.  Weird.

I finally saw a video of his free throw attempts and man that form is something

he has to be compensating for multiple injuries right?

On 10/12/2017 at 9:59 AM, justice98 said:

He can be as good as he wants to be, but the league is still dominated by wing players.  As good as KAT, Boogie, and Davis are, their teams cant bust a grape.  

Centers like him can fill a stat sheet nicely, but they arent that impactful in the current NBA. The best center on the top 4 seeds in the East and West last year was DeAndre Jordan.

The best player on a championship team hasnt been the center since Duncan a decade ago. The Sixers need one of their wings to be the real deal more than Embiid.

Side note: I saw a note that Embiid hasnt played an NBA game without a minutes restriction.

Embiid is different than those guys in that he is actually over 7 feet tall and is coordinated with mass.

he can play inside and outside. He can defend the rim and is arguably the best in the league. His only problem is injuries.

A center like Embiid can change the landscape of the league. He is a generational talent. 

Boogie and Brow played on talentless garbage franchises. Who was the second best player on the best teams those two played on before getting together in New Orleans?

Edited by BenningRoadSkin

21 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Embiid is different than those guys in that he is actually over 7 feet tall and is coordinated with mass.

he can play inside and outside. He can defend the rim and is arguably the best in the league. His only problem is injuries.

A center like Embiid can change the landscape of the league. He is a generational talent. 

Boogie and Brow played on talentless garbage franchises. Who was the second best player on the best teams those two played on before getting together in New Orleans?

They said AD was a generational talent.  A center with guard skills on both ends and all that.

I just think the Embiid hype train is off the rails.  And the injuries is huge.  Until he can make it through half a season without a surgery, I'm gonna sit this one out. 

And I appreciate all the young talent Philly has on paper, but until they actually do something, they're a garbage franchise too.  He needs to change Philly first.  He's not changing anything in the league playing on a minutes restriction every night.  I dont see that changing anytime soon.

If right now, I had to choose between AD or Embiid, I'm taking AD all day.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I'd take AD because of health

but on talent alone, I'm taking Embiid

Just want to remind yall that he wasn't exactly the picture of health his first few years either. Though I think alot of that was because he was still growing. 

I'm not really in on the Embiid hype train either, though I would love to have his potential at that position on the Wiz. 

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

They said AD was a generational talent.  A center with guard skills on both ends and all that.

I just think the Embiid hype train is off the rails.  And the injuries is huge.  Until he can make it through half a season without a surgery, I'm gonna sit this one out. 

And I appreciate all the young talent Philly has on paper, but until they actually do something, they're a garbage franchise too.  He needs to change Philly first.  He's not changing anything in the league playing on a minutes restriction every night.  I dont see that changing anytime soon.

If right now, I had to choose between AD or Embiid, I'm taking AD all day.  

AD isnt over 7 feet tall.

The Embiid hype train is real because we saw what he looks like last year. He made hte Sixers into a decent team when he was on the court. I am not denying the injury risk. His body may not be able to handle an NBA season. If it is, he is going to be the best player in the NBA.

You can take Davis, I am just saying that Embiid has more potential.

Davis = KG.  Transcendent player wasting his prime on a hopeless team.  Put him on the Wizards and he turns us from a second tier team into a title team.  He needs some guards to play with.  If Embiid gets over the injury bug and starts having a career too, then we're going to be saying the same thing about him in a couple of years unless Markelle Fultz pans out.

You can't do anything as a big man in this NBA without legit guards.  And a half-retired Rondo doesn't count, although he should help if for no other reason than to push Jrue Holiday off the ball.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:37 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Fultz is the real deal.  He wasn't the #1/#1 because he came into the season as the consensus top guy and had a ton of hype like Wiggins, he got picked there because of his play.

This is why I love McQueen.

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

If Embiid gets over the injury bug and starts having a career too, then we're going to be saying the same thing about him in a couple of years unless Markelle Fultz pans out.

Last month, Fultz was definitely going to be better than Kyrie. Now....eh....we'll see.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Last month, Fultz was definitely going to be better than Kyrie. Now....eh....we'll see.

I think he's a stud.  He looked like Gilbert Arenas 2.0 at Washington.  If I were a GM, I would rebuild around him.  A key word in that post you quoted that you apparently missed was "unless."  The point of that argument was that Embiid could end up being Olajuwon and still lose just like Davis if he doesn't get good guards to play with.

Embiid could bust too by the way, and I was on his bandwagon really early.  It wouldn't shock me if Markelle Fultz is the only one out of their big 3 who actually works out because Philly hasn't had a lot of success developing injured bigs.

Edited by stevemcqueen1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

Embiid will be on IR by then. 

He's a rare talent, but you truly have to marvel at this cat (who is pretty much the NBA equivalent of the kid that gets a mild scrape on his leg at recess, then gets taken out of school by his parents for 2 weeks, to heal), trying to say.... Pretty much anything

Reminds of that dude that yapped at KD about being scared years ago, meanwhile this gump has to take the train or something to every game because he is afraid of heights

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I wonder how much they'll let Simmons take that role

Might explain why Fultz is coming off the bench.  A rookie point forward and a high usage rookie guard is not a winning recipe in the NBA.  They can't avoid that entirely, but they can reduce how much time they're on the floor together.

6 hours ago, Destino said:

Might explain why Fultz is coming off the bench.  A rookie point forward and a high usage rookie guard is not a winning recipe in the NBA.  They can't avoid that entirely, but they can reduce how much time they're on the floor together.

McConnell is a Brett Brown guy and Fultz's shoulder is messed up.  He's their future.