Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

5 minutes ago, justice98 said:

The game was lost by GS at the line, in that they didnt go and Houston did.  In a one or two possession game at the end, free throw disparity decides it more often than not.

Refs were letting both teams play in the lane last night.  Rockets got more attempts because they took it to the basket more frequently.

I was listening to Amin Elhassan on Golic and Wingo the other day, and he made a point about the underappreciated value of passing that hadn't really clicked for me before.  He said one of the key things that makes Golden State such a juggernaut and what has made Boston so resilient is that they are teams full of plus passers.

Everybody understands the value of great three point shooting from perimeter players, but it seems to me that great passing is a tougher to develop skill because it depends on having floor vision and great situational awareness and spontaneous decision making skills.  And so because it is more rare, it's actually more valuable.  Take the Iggy vs Nick Young  comparison for example, and ignore the fact that Iggy is a great defensive player and Nick Young is awful on defense.  NY is a great shooter and Iggy is not.  But Iggy is an infinitely smarter player and better passer and so he's a lot better and more valuable offensive player too.

I'm wondering if we don't generally overvalue shooting and undervalue passing?  Especially on the wings.

This line of thought is getting me worried about Kelly Oubre.

H-town!!

That was a playoff game last night. The NBA playoffs are at their best when it starts to become rugby.

And I'll say this, Houston withstanding that blitz in the 3rd Quarter last night was one of the more impressive things I've seen by a team in years. My wife watched that quarter with me and just kept yelling, "Jesus" and "Oh my god" after every Golden State basket. And then a few minutes into the fourth, we realized, "Hey, this is a five point game." It felt like they should be a 20 point lead.

21 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Refs were letting both teams play in the lane last night.  Rockets got more attempts because they took it to the basket more frequently.

Durant seemed perfectly content to shoot turnaround 18 footers all night.

Chris Paul was at his most aggressive/dickish last night. I enjoy that version of Chris Paul.

Solid win for Houston last night. I didn't think they could win in Oakland.

Now I fully expect them to lose the next two.

Also..we were almost reminded how stupid the move it to half court timeout was last night. That's garbage.

Edited by The Evil Genius