Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nnamdi Asomugha! Now Is The Time!

SeanJefe87

36529348.jpg

Hello My Redskin Brethren! Now Is The Time!

We Have Before Us A Chance, No... A Great Opportunity To Embrace A 3x Pro- Bowler, 4x All-Pro Player Of The Highest Caliber! Before I Get Ahead Of Myself, First Lets Take A Stroll Down Memory Lane!

On March 20, 2008, DeAngelo Hall was traded to the Oakland Raiders where he agreed on a seven-year, $70 million contract with $24.5 million guaranteed. On November 5, Hall was released by the Oakland Raiders after "he failed to adapt to the Raiders' man-to-man style of defense and was regularly beaten by opposition receivers during the opening half of the season."

Hall signed a one-year contract with the Washington Redskins on November 8, 2008. In his first game with the Redskins, against the Dallas Cowboys, Hall intercepted a pass from Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo sits to pee. He finished his first year with the Redskins with 25 tackles, two interceptions and eight pass deflections in seven games (four starts). Compiling 19 interceptions and 65 passes defended the next couple of seasons in a great career with the Washington Redskins! One I hope will certainly continue with many more!

Why do you ask is this story Important?

Its Importance Is Its Familiarity!

Asomugha, considered the top free agent on the market in 2011, spent his first eight seasons with the Raiders. He had a career-high eight interceptions in 2006, went to the Pro Bowl after the 2008, 2009 and 2010 seasons and was named a first-team all-pro in 2008 and 2010.

Even though he has just three interceptions in the last three years, Asomugha is considered one of the top cover cornerbacks in the NFL, and was courted by several high-profile teams, including the New York Jets and Dallas Cowboys. (2011)

"He's one of the best -- if not the best -- cornerback in the National Football League," Reid said. "He'll be a great addition to our cornerback corps. Right now." (2011)

On July 29, 2011, Nnamdi Asomugha agreed to a five-year, $60 million deal, and at least $25 million guaranteed, contract with the Philadelphia Eagles. After a disappointing 2012 season and failure to restructure his contract, Asomugha was released within the first hour of the official beginning to the 2013 NFL season.

So, What Do I Propose?

It's Simple, We Sign Nnamdi Asomugha

Now I know due to our current financial situation the idea seems impossible! If all parties can come to an agreement we might be able to create something special!

If Fred Davis, DeAngelo Hall, and Nnamdi Asomugha all sign for the veteran minimum with the understanding of future financial compensation of present performance and in consideration of cap constraints. Think how it changes the team! With one addition!

Cbs: Deangelo Hall, Josh Wilson, and Nnamdi Asomugha

E.J. Biggers, Richard Crawford, and Chase Minnifield

Safties: Tanard Jackson (1yr rest), Brandon Meriweather, and DeJon Gomes

Jordan Pugh, Reed Doughty, and Jordan Bernstine

We Can Also Use DeAngelo Hall and Nnamdi Asomugha in the safety position as well!

Nnamdi Asomugha is already getting paid $4.3 million this year from the Eagles, we could even bump it up to 5 million thats not unreasonable!

Cash stays on the table! Pride's always in the Pocket!

:logo:

*caution the last two video's music contains curse words!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwwYKoVuSM0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSRYKvKN5mw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-CXYYEvOMc

There's a lot of effort here and this is very positive and promoting. I will say this:

"On July 29, 2011, Nnamdi Asomugha agreed to a five-year, $60 million deal, and at least $25 million guaranteed, contract with the Philadelphia Eagles. After a disappointing 2012 season and failure to restructure his contract, Asomugha was released within the first hour of the official beginning to the 2013 NFL season."

He wasn't released after a "Disappointing" 2012 season, he sucked both in 2011 and 2012 with the Eagles. One could argue they didn't play him right in 2011, which is true. The Eagles were and probably still are a hard headed stubborn organization. But in 2012 Nnamdi was not himself either.

"It was determined when I was about 7 years old. It's never really affected my play on the field -- I can easily distinguish between light and dark colors. I only have trouble between similar colors -- the light ones. They look the same to me.

I think due to his color blindless he needs to play in Silver and Black to determine who his teammates are.

---------- Post added March-24th-2013 at 05:47 PM ----------

dhall and nnamdi were awful together for the raiders. why would that change now? because they're older?

They were ABSOLUTELY not awful "together". D.Hall was awful.

dhall and nnamdi were awful together for the raiders. why would that change now? because they're older?

Nnamdi was outstanding with the Raiders, it was D Hall that was picked on successfully by opposing Qbs and had a bad year, leading to his release. But clearly Nnamdi struggled with the Eagles.

The best signing for us concerning Nnamdi, is if another team in the NFC east signs him. That way Rob can make him look worse this year than last.

No thanks. I think we play the draft and make the best of the cap situation we're in. No random signings.

Archived