Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nnamdi Asomugha! Now Is The Time!

SeanJefe87

I think you should be banned for all of time for such a heinous suggestion.

This should not be up for debate, WE SHOULDN'T EVEN ENTERTAIN SUCH A RIDICULOUS CONVERSATION.

Seriously, why are we still inclined to believe we can take left over Philly garbage.

Sign Nnamdi to a 3 year deal for cheap and Im with it. he's clearly better than any DB we currently have on roster. Why not? Redskins are known to bring life back into hasbeen/writtenoff Db's. Springs was looked at as a PED using washed up scrub before we took that chance on him, and looked how he turned out. Not quite to his 1998 like form but he was very solid/good here in DC. I bet if we do some how sign Nnamdi I bet we will look like genuis at the end of the season. He's a bump and run corner, And that the type of corner our lame duck coordinator want's. Press coverage type Db's. None better on the market than Asomugha. Like I say I bet DC will breathe life back into his career if we did sign him

---------- Post added March-25th-2013 at 01:43 PM ----------

Some posts and threads make me want to start taking drugs or drinking.

I think that people who believe that Josh Wilson is a legit DB in the NFl are using/abusing drugs. Atleast IMO

If the price is right, I'd be all for it. I mean, he can't be much worse than some of the defensive back depth we already have on the team now. Although I am very hopeful Minnefield and Crawford will be our 1 and 2 corners of the future.

I love the offseason, all the wannabe mods come out with their NNT stamps in hand ready to lash out at anybody who makes a new thread, go home guys.

If the price is right, I'd be all for it. I mean, he can't be much worse than some of the defensive back depth we already have on the team now. Although I am very hopeful Minnefield and Crawford will be our 1 and 2 corners of the future.

I love the offseason, all the wannabe mods come out with their NNT stamps in hand ready to lash out at anybody who makes a new thread, go home guys.

But it looks like the majority are against not only the idea of signing Nnamdi, but even the thread itself. The post could have gone in the FA thread, although I do think at least the OP has some good stuff to back up his reason for siging him and starting the thread.

II love the offseason, all the wannabe mods come out with their NNT stamps in hand ready to lash out at anybody who makes a new thread, go home guys.

Since you're the one who is more in the "doesn't get it" camp and is loud and proud about it (your user notes make mention of this trait), and the "wannabes" are the ones who are more in the "do get it" group, maybe we should send you home. :)

---------- Post added March-25th-2013 at 12:26 PM ----------

I think that people who believe that Josh Wilson is a legit DB in the NFl are using/abusing drugs. Atleast IMO

Having nothing to do with my take on JW, next time apply a little more thought before posting.

Since you're the one who is more in the "doesn't get it" camp and is loud and proud about it (your user notes make mention of this trait), and the "wannabes" are the ones who are more in the "do get it" group, maybe we should send you home. :)

---------- Post added March-25th-2013 at 12:26 PM ----------

Having nothing to do with my take on JW, next time apply a little more thought before posting.

Okay, got it.

I don't mind the itching, I hate the burning. This thread delivers both.

---------- Post added March-25th-2013 at 04:02 PM ----------

Nope. We're only interested in former Raheem underachievers with police issues and drug problems. :)

That's a pretty harsh wide swipe of the brush. Show some patience and let's see how this reclamation project pans out

If I were GM, I *might* be willing to give a guy like Nnamdi a chance to prove his worth on an incentive laden deal. His recent production simply doesn't warrant a big pay day. I suppose some believe that Philly's system or coaching made him a bad player, but I find that hard to believe.

Cerrato would ignore the obvious and pay for old production, and I suspect some other GM will do the same in the next few weeks.

I need to check in to this website at least twice a day so I don't miss threads like this. Hate being late to these types of parties.

But yes, let's absolutely sign an aging CB who hasn't played well in 2 years but will cost more money than the Redskins have. Oh but wait, I'm sure he, Fred Davis and DeAngelo Hall will all sign for the vet minimum. Can't argue with that logic, because professional football players don't like money.

And if I tried to argue with that logic, this graphic would defeat me each time: 36529348.jpg

---------- Post added March-25th-2013 at 04:48 PM ----------

Signing players in real life happens just like in Madden!

1585469.jpg

So, What Do I Propose?

It's Simple, We Sign Nnamdi Asomugha

Now I know due to our current financial situation the idea seems impossible! If all parties can come to an agreement we might be able to create something special!

Honestly, due to our above mentioned financial sitution, and his crappy past two seasons, there's a better chance of a jumbo jet falling out of the sky, landing on me, and rupturing nothing but my anus, than this signing happening. Just my personal opinion, and if he does sign, I will alternately be pissed and keep one eye on the sky.

• 7 months later...

How about now, if he gets released?

Is there someone we can cut? 

do we need him? 

Is he worth a damn, or to ask a better question would he be an upgrade for us?? 

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/10/49ers-qa-whats-nnamdi-asomughas-fate.html

He would probably be a downgrade at safety, so let's get him. We can do with Biggers, we can do it with anyone.

He would probably be a downgrade at safety, so let's get him. We can do with Biggers, we can do it with anyone.

down or "up"grade? 

yep, readking more about him, here is a good piece. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130806/nnamdi-asomugha-san-francisco-49ers-training-camp-2013/

Didn't realize he was 6'2 210 and didn't realize he played safety in college. 

People wrote off Charles Woodson pretty quick ... 

Archived