On Now
Coming Up
  • Fri., Nov. 14, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:15 PM EST Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden speaks to media after practice at Redskins Park in Loudoun County, Va. on Friday, November 14, 2014.
  • Fri., Nov. 14, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fans unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m/7:30 a.m. daily)

• DATE: December 3, 2013
    • TIME:  5:30 PM 

• Sun., Nov. 16, 2014 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM EST Live Verizon Gametime Live Redskins pregame show hosted by Lou Holder LIVE from FedExField before the Redskins vs. Buccaneers kickoff on Sunday, November 16, 2014.
  • Sun., Nov. 16, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EST Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden takes the podium following the Redskins vs. Buccaneers game at FedExField on Sunday, November 16, 2014.
  • Sun., Nov. 16, 2014 5:00 PM - 5:30 PM EST Live Player Press Conference Select Redskins players take the podium following the Redskins vs. Buccaneers game at FedExField on Sunday, November 16, 2014.
  • Mon., Nov. 17, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fans unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m/7:30 a.m. daily)

• Tue., Nov. 18, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Wed., Nov. 19, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Thu., Nov. 20, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Fri., Nov. 21, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Photo

What is going to happen in Washington and Colorado with the legalization of marijuana?

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#161 Predicto

Predicto

The Run Stopper

• Members
  • 5,588 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Everyone looking to Obama to resolve this problem is looking in the wrong place. Congress made pot illegal, and Congress needs to fix the problem. The Executive can set enforcement priorities, but it can't just say that "pot is legal" like some people seem to think that it can.

#162 pjfootballer

pjfootballer

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 28,192 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

On the NFL Honors show, Alec Baldwin stated they now know the reason how Peyton Manning got through his rehab after 4 neck surgeries.

#163 China

China

Omphaloskeptic

• Members
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

Well, in answer to the thread title question, here's one thing that's happening:

Colorado pot accidents spur call for childproof packaging

From early 2005 to late 2009, Children's Hospital Colorado had exactly zero emergency-room visits by kids who had ingested marijuana. In the following two years, when medical marijuana became legal in Colorado and federal officials backed off prosecution, it had 14.

Pioneering studies of ER charts by Colorado doctors show looser pot laws leading to childhood poisonings, often from mistakenly eating tantalizing "edibles" like gummy worms or brownies.

Those doctors are now helping lead the charge for mandatory safety packaging as Colorado gears up for even broader legal sales of pot with recreational-marijuana stores.

"We've seen a dramatic increase in pediatric exposure," said Dr. George Wang, a Children's ER doctor who also works with Denver Health's Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center.

Calls about potential marijuana exposure at all ages have doubled since 2009 at the poison center.

Click on the link for the full article

#164 Bang

Bang

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 12,561 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

Safety packaging makes sense.

~Bang

#165 RVAbrendan

RVAbrendan

The Dirtbags

• Members
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

~Bang

Most definitely. I see nothing wrong at all with safety packaging.

I'd like to hear what became of those 14 ER visits, though. As another poster said, ingesting THC in an edible can have much stronger effects on somebody, especially if they don't smoke often, or at all. My old roommate, who used to partake once every couple of months, ate 2 or 3 brownies once. she had to force herself to go to bed because she was freaking out and began to cry.

But, it's all mental. I wouldn't think they would be physically injured.

Edited by RVAbrendan, 02 April 2013 - 11:00 AM.

#166 Botched

Botched

The Backup

• Members
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

~Bang

Yeah, but it just doesn't feel the same.

#167 twa

twa

The Gadget Play

• Members
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

But, it's all mental. I wouldn't think they would be physically injured.

It is more than mental, but if they do not do something harmful while impaired there should be no lasting physical harm.

unless it is ongoing

#168 China

China

Omphaloskeptic

• Members
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

Apparently there's also a tax issue:

For Legal Pot Sellers, A Big Tax Problem

An obscure tax code provision crafted for drug dealers is giving state-licensed medical marijuana dispensaries a headache.

In Colorado, federal income tax rates for dispensaries can soar as high as 70 percent because of a tax code section that does not allow businesses to claim certain deductions.

The section is known as 280E, and it was originally written for illegal drug traffickers. But today it's a thorn in the side of licensed dispensary owners like Erica Freeman.

Freeman is co-owner of Choice Organics in Fort Collins, Colo. Two tax court decisions over the past six years have sent confusing messages about which deductions the industry can make. In 2012, Freeman wrote off the costs associated with growing pot, but she didn't deduct anything related to the sale of medical marijuana like advertising costs.

"We all feel like we are legitimate businesses. We have licenses ... but yet I'm still unable to write these things off and I'm still treated as an illegal business," Freeman says.

Freeman says existing tax code could make Colorado's expansion to recreational marijuana use very tricky for business owners. The uncertain tax climate is the direct product of state and federal law clashing on medical marijuana policy in the 18 states where it's legal. The end result right now, according to Colorado accountant Jim Marty, is income taxes rates that are much higher compared with those paid by other small businesses.

"If they were in a normal business, their top bracket would be about 45 percent. But if you have to pay tax on your gross profit and not your net income, the calculations I've done puts the federal and state income tax at about 70 percent," Marty says.

#169 Skinz4Life12

Skinz4Life12

The Cover Corner

• Members
  • 5,415 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

Apparently the feds aren't going to challenge the states that have legalized it:

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_c2

#170 twa

twa

The Gadget Play

• Members
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:03 PM

Apparently the feds aren't going to challenge the states that have legalized it:

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_c2

probably too busy challenging legal voter id laws and ignoring immigration law 

The Justice Dept is a joke

#171 Mad Mike

Mad Mike

The Pro Bowlers

• Members
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

probably too busy challenging legal voter id laws and ignoring immigration law 
The Justice Dept is a joke

From your  sig...

Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal...MLK

Thanks for inadvertently showing the similarities between Ferengi (republican) suppression of political opponents and the nazis.

Nazi Party — History.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts

Hitler and the Nazis Come to Power: 1933
In 1929, Germany entered a period of severe economic depression and widespread unemployment. The Nazis capitalized on the situation by criticizing the ruling government and began to win elections. In the July 1932 elections, they captured 230 out of 608 seats in the “Reichstag,” or German parliament. In January 1933, Hitler was appointed German chancellor and his Nazi government soon came to control every aspect of German life.

Under Nazi rule, all other political parties were banned. In 1933, the Nazis opened their first concentration camp, in Dachau, Germany, to house political prisoners. Dachau evolved into a death camp where countless thousands of Jews died from malnutrition, disease and overwork or were executed. In addition to Jews, the camp's prisoners included members of other groups Hitler considered unfit for the new Germany, including artists, intellectuals, Gypsies, the physically and mentally handicapped and homosexuals.

They don't actually have the power to ban other parties so they do the next best thing, pass laws that make it more difficult for those who disagree with them to vote.

Republicans Admit Voter ID Laws Are Aimed at Democratic Voters - The Daily Beast

longtime conservative activist Phyllis Schlafly acknowledged as much with a defense of North Carolina’s new voting law, which has been criticized for its restrictions on access, among other things. Here’s Schlafly:

“The reduction in the number of days allowed for early voting is particularly important because early voting plays a major role in Obama’s ground game. The Democrats carried most states that allow many days of early voting, and Obama’s national field director admitted, shortly before last year’s election, that ‘early voting is giving us a solid lead in the battleground states that will decide this election.’

“The Obama technocrats have developed an efficient system of identifying prospective Obama voters and then nagging them (some might say harassing them) until they actually vote. It may take several days to accomplish this, so early voting is an essential component of the Democrats’ get-out-the-vote campaign.”

Last spring, for example, Pennsylvania House Majority Leader Mike Turzai told a gathering of Republicans that their voter identification law would “allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania.”

After the election, former Florida GOP chairman Jim Greer told The Palm Beach Post that the explicit goal of the state’s voter-ID law was Democratic suppression. “The Republican Party, the strategists, the consultants, they firmly believe that early voting is bad for Republican Party candidates,” Greer told the Post. “It’s done for one reason and one reason only ... ‘We’ve got to cut down on early voting because early voting is not good for us,’” he said.

Edited by Mad Mike, 29 August 2013 - 03:32 PM.

#172 youngchew

youngchew

The Role Player

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

i don't smoke pot that much anymore...

but its nice to know that, when i wanna sit out on the front porch and toke the bong while watching the sun set over the Rockies, I can do so without worrying about the neighbors calling the po-leece.  :)

#173 skinsmarydu

skinsmarydu

The Role Player

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:40 AM

:angry: jealous :angry:

#174 Fan since a Fetus

Fan since a Fetus

The Role Player

• Members
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:55 AM

i don't smoke pot that much anymore...

but its nice to know that, when i wanna sit out on the front porch and toke the bong while watching the sun set over the Rockies, I can do so without worrying about the neighbors calling the po-leece.  :)

I wish it was legal here.  Alabama will be the last state that makes it legal.  Of course, it will happen the day after I die.  Just like teleportation and eternal life.  BUT, HEY, We can get a free gun with the purchase of a new car!  WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!  Let's shoot some mother****ers!!!

I am not against guns one bit, but I find it pretty stupid that I cannot smoke a little pot but I can get a free gun when I purchase a car.  You can shoot a man, but you cannot get high, get a pizza and enjoy Lord of the Rings in your own home.

I am like you though.  Smoking is a rare occurence.  But I want that option there.  I might do it once a month if it was legal.

#175 Skinz4Life12

Skinz4Life12

The Cover Corner

• Members
  • 5,415 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

^^So the dealership just has an assortment of guns for you to pick from when you buy a car from them??

#176 skinsmarydu

skinsmarydu

The Role Player

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:11 AM

^^So the dealership just has an assortment of guns for you to pick from when you buy a car from them??

See "Bowling for Columbine"...you could get one for opening a bank account.

#177 Skinz4Life12

Skinz4Life12

The Cover Corner

• Members
  • 5,415 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

See "Bowling for Columbine"...you could get one for opening a bank account.

'Merica

#178 skinsmarydu

skinsmarydu

The Role Player

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

'Merica

you betcha, :blink:

#179 Ludomaniac

Ludomaniac

The Waterboy

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

I wish it was legal over here in VA.  I dont smoke it anymore, but not because health issues, but simply because i want to keep my job and dont want to get arrested.

I like where this country is headed though in terms of marijuana, i think people are finally realizing that its not dangerous and as adults we should be allowed to smoke it if we want to, let us make the decision not the government

#180 twa

twa

The Gadget Play

• Members
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

'Merica

better than Mehico, where most guns are illegal.....of course that didn't stop the 80,000 drug-related killings

#181 mcsluggo

mcsluggo

The Waterboy

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

Wow.. you are right.  You have boiled down the difference between the USA and Mexico in one feature the legality of guns.  congratulations.     

you should do a correlation analysis, and get it publsihed in one of Heritage's journals.   You are set.

y variable:  number of murders percapita

x variable: binary (0 or 1) based on whther TWA defines "guns as legal"

data set:  USA and Mexico

results:  pure gold!

#182 Hubbs

Hubbs

The Playmaker

• Members
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

Wow.. you are right.  You have boiled down the difference between the USA and Mexico in one feature the legality of guns.  congratulations.     

you should do a correlation analysis, and get it publsihed in one of Heritage's journals.   You are set.

y variable:  number of murders percapita

x variable: binary (0 or 1) based on whther TWA defines "guns as legal"

data set:  USA and Mexico

results:  pure gold!

Actually, if you take out the TWA factor, somebody did such a study. The "somebody" being those gun-toting rednecks at Harvard:

http://www.bostonmag...lence-with-ban/

“There is a compound assertion that guns are uniquely available in the
United States compared with other modern developed nations, which is why
the United States has by far the highest murder rate. Though these
assertions have been endlessly repeated, [the latter] is, in fact, false
and [the former] is substantially so,” the authors point out, based on
their research.

#183 Hersh

Hersh

The Benchwarmer

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

This is a thread about smoking marijuana and not about guns. It should be more laid back and chill. :D

#184 Larry

Larry

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 16,807 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

This is a thread about smoking marijuana and not about guns. It should be more laid back and chill. :D

And there should be munchies.

#185 Hersh

Hersh

The Benchwarmer

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

And there should be munchies.

Now that's a good topic for this thread.

#186 mcsluggo

mcsluggo

The Waterboy

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

Actually, if you take out the TWA factor, somebody did such a study. The "somebody" being those gun-toting rednecks at Harvard:

http://www.bostonmag...lence-with-ban/

I just scanned the referenced article... if i could be permitted to paraphase, it says

• most OTHER recent studys of gun violence in developed countries show that the USA has far more guns, and has far more gun violence than other developed countries (although this paper was not particularly recent, so the other studues were not recent either)
  •  
  • these other studies are too narrow in their analysis.
  •  
  • if you expand "developed countries" to include the whole OECD (which adds countries like mexico and brazil) and the former soviet block countries, all of which have very strict (and ineffectual) gun control laws on the books, the correlation that other papers have found (that more gun control is correlated with lower violence) breaks down.
  •  
  • Furthermore, once you include all of these other "developed countries", the USA still has the highest gun-homicide rates, but Russia, Brazil, Estonia and a few other "developed countries" have higher overall rates of crime (in some cases homicide, in some cases other measures of violent crime) than the USA

interesting.

Edited by mcsluggo, 03 September 2013 - 11:54 AM.

#187 twa

twa

The Gadget Play

• Members
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

those other countries have different methodology as well....hard to tabulate the mass graves except when ya stumble over them

quit Bogarting  :P

#188 mcsluggo

mcsluggo

The Waterboy

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

for the sake of board peace and unity, i am willing to concede the stipulation, that Russia Mexico Brazil and Estonia are less safe places than the USA.   :)

• mojo likes this

#189 BigFing

BigFing

The Waterboy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

Can anyone go to Colorado purchase and partake or do you have to be a CO resident?

#190 China

China

Omphaloskeptic

• Members
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

Kind Cop Assists Stoners with the Lighting of a Two-Pound Joint

What a difference a year makes: In less than 12 months since voters in Washington legalized marijuana, local police officers have gone from putting stoners behind bars to helping stoners light a two-pound joint at last weekend's NW Harvest Fest 2013.

Marijuana.com reports that the massive, hash-oil laced spliff took an entire day to roll and was "smoked to completion" thanks to the assistance a "kind, herb-loving Makisupa policeman."

ku-bigpic.jpg

Edited by China, 12 September 2013 - 09:34 AM.

#191 youngchew

youngchew

The Role Player

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

Can anyone go to Colorado purchase and partake or do you have to be a CO resident?

nope, don't have to be a CO resident to fire up.  as long as you're here, its legal.

Denver is looking to cash in huge with the tourists coming here to schmoke :)

#192 twa

twa

The Gadget Play

• Members
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

High Crimes: Robber Gangs Terrorize Colorado Pot Shops

http://www.nbcnews.c...ot-shops-n20111

One thief, posing as a delivery man, pulled a can of bear mace on employees and ransacked their marijuana shop, fleeing in a defensive cloud of “ultra-pepper” spray. Another opened the wall of a dispensary with an ax and attacked the store’s safe with a circular saw. Still another stuck to the basics. He kicked in the front door and pointed his gun at the counterman. An accomplice kicked in the back door and filled a duffel bag with more than $10,000 worth of high-quality cannabis.

For weeks now, the Mile High state has allowed the sale of recreational pot to adults, and so far the Rockies still stand. But crimes like the ones above, all of which occurred in Colorado in the last six months, have produced an acid-drip of anxiety in the industry, highlighting the dangers faced by those hoping to drag America’s most popular illegal drug into the light. Because marijuana remains banned by Congress, banks and security firms deny services to most dispensaries. That leaves them cash-based and vulnerable, a magnet for criminals who like the idea of unguarded counting rooms and shelves lined with lucrative horticulture.

At Medicine Man, where Daniels has provided security since January 1st, there are now six cash registers and an armed guard for each one, plus another at the door. At the end of the day, after spraying the cash with Febreze to mask the scent, employees stuff it into tamper-resistant clear plastic bags, which Blue Line escorts downtown and into the company’s vault.

If they face a robbery, they may call 911, but they’re authorized to return fire. Every day now at New Age Wellness, in Boulder County, steps from the counter where the peace buds are sold, a warning sign is emblazoned with the words, “DEADLY FORCE.” In front of the sign is a Blue Line guard, Glock on his hip.

“One of my guys, I think, can probably easily hold off five to 10 guys by himself,” says Daniels, who appreciates the irony of blending what is essentially police work with the protection of a product that he used to bust people for 

#193 PeterMP

PeterMP

The Dirtbags

• Members
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:28 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t3

"Special-interest "Big Tobacco"-like groups and businesses have ensured that marijuana is widely promoted, advertised and commercialized in Colorado. As a result, calls to poison centers have skyrocketed, incidents involving kids going to school with marijuana candy and vaporizers seem more common, and explosions involving butane hash oil extraction have risen. Employers are reporting more workplace incidents involving marijuana use, and deaths have been attributed to ingesting marijuana cookies and food items."

"Marijuana companies, like their predecessors in the tobacco industry, are determined to keep lining their pockets. Not that high Indeed, legalization has come down to one thing: money. And it's not money for the government -- Colorado has only raised a third of the amount of tax revenue they have projected -- it's money for this new industry and its shareholders."

"As Al Bronstein, medical director of the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center recently said, "We're seeing hallucinations, they become sick to their stomachs, they throw up, they become dizzy and very anxious." Bronstein reported that in 2013, there were 126 calls concerning adverse reactions to marijuana. From January to April this year, the center receive 65 calls.And, since Colorado expanded marijuana stores for medical users, peer-reviewed research has found a major upsurge in stoned driving-related deaths (that is not surprising since marijuana intoxication doubles the risk of a car crash)."

I've said it before here, I think de-criminalization in most instances of drug use/small possession for most drugs makes a lot of sense.  Commercialization doesn't.

I think in a pretty short period of time most (objective) people are going to easily see the distinction between what Portugal did and what has been done in places like Colorado.

And note the missed estimates of money made by CO don't include loses to the state due to the health/safety related issues.

So CO in reality is even making LESS money.

Edited by PeterMP, 10 July 2014 - 08:38 PM.

#194 SpringfieldSkins

SpringfieldSkins

The Starter

• Members
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:37 PM

I will note that the above article is an op-ed piece.

I will also note that I generally agree with Peter in regards to decriminalization over commercialization.

#195 twa

twa

The Gadget Play

• Members
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:03 PM

Well Cali(Berkely of course) has a free pot to the poor program....life is good

#196 s0crates

s0crates

The Run Stopper

• Members
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:33 AM

Well Cali(Berkely of course) has a free pot to the poor program....life is good

That's democracy in action baby.

This is a non-issue. I'm surprised there is so much money in it if it's legal. The stuff is not hard to grow.

Edited by s0crates, 11 July 2014 - 01:59 AM.

#197 visionary

visionary

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 13,980 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:32 AM

http://bigstory.ap.o...ngton-pot-sales

WASHINGTON POT SALES REACH $3.8M IN 1ST MONTH

During the first month of legal marijuana sales in Washington state, stores sold just under $3.8 million, which is expected to bring in more than $1 million in state taxes, the state reported on Friday.

Although licenses have been issued for about 40 stores, only 18 were selling pot in July, and 16 of them have reported sales so far in August.

"It's off to a healthy start, considering that the system isn't fully up and running yet," said Brian Smith, a spokesman for the Washington Liquor Control Board.

During the first month of retail marijuana sales in Colorado, the state collected closer to $2 million in excise and sales taxes.

Like Colorado, Washington will tax marijuana in two ways: sales taxes and excise taxes.

Excise taxes are paid at three different points in the process: When the grower transfers the marijuana to the processor, when the processor transfers it to the store and when the retailer sells it to the consumer. The tax rate at all three points is 25 percent.

Edited by visionary, 09 August 2014 - 12:32 AM.

#198 visionary

visionary

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 13,980 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:44 PM

http://bigstory.ap.o...most-edible-pot

APNewsBreak: Colorado seeks ban on most edible pot

Colorado health officials want to ban many edible forms of marijuana, including brownies, cookies and most candies, limiting legal sales of pot-infused food to lozenges and some liquids.

The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment told marijuana regulators that many forms of edible marijuana "are naturally attractive to children" and violate the law's "requirement to prevent the marketing of marijuana products to children."

The recommendation was obtained by The Associated Press in advance of a third and possibly final workgroup meeting Monday to draw up rules for identifiable markers or colors for edible marijuana products so they won't be confused with regular foods.

The health department's recommendation, sent to the regulators Oct. 14, would effectively take most forms of edible marijuana off store shelves. The final decision will be made by the Department of Revenue's Marijuana Enforcement Division, which oversees retail marijuana sales.

Lawmakers have ordered state pot regulators to require pot-infused food and drink to have a distinct look when they are out of the packaging. The order came after concerns about the proliferation of pot-infused treats that many worry could be accidentally eaten by children.

Statewide numbers are not available, but one hospital in the Denver area has reported nine cases of children being admitted after accidentally eating pot. It is not clear whether those kids ate commercially packaged pot products or homemade items such as marijuana brownies. The Health Department's recommendation would apply only to products sold commercially, including a form of liquid pot called a tincture that can be added to foods.

The Health Department's recommendation is one of several made to marijuana regulators. The advocacy group Smart Colorado wants to see a requirement that edible versions of marijuana be colored, marked or stamped to indicate they contain the drug.

The marijuana industry opposes a ban on most pot products. A spokesman for Dixie Elixirs, which makes marijuana-infused sodas and mints, said Monday that the rules go too far and may not be able to keep pot-infused foods out of children's hands.

"Labeling and packaging are the best and only way to deal with accidental ingestion," said Joe Hodas, Dixie's chief marketing officer. He said the rules would help drive the black market.

Edited by visionary, 20 October 2014 - 05:07 PM.

#199 SkinsFTW

SkinsFTW

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 17,946 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:56 PM

Yeah WTG Colorado going way overboard on it and trying to go from putting people in prison for carrying an oz to turning the state into Ganja Disneyland.

Why not just say you can smoke it and grow it and we wont bother anybody but no selling it commercially?

Oh yeah, because they are only doing it FOR THE MONEY from taxes.

#200 Bang

Bang

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 12,561 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:24 PM

Given the shortfall most states experience and the universal distaste people have for paying taxes and those who raise taxes.. i don't see the problem.

It only makes sense to limit faceless profit machines from selling it to kids in such forms, because given the opportunity, most will.

Same reason they don't allow alcohol containers to look like kids drinks, and they quickly pull from shelves alcoholic items that are pointed towards younger people.

Everything sold is sold for the money.

~Bang

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users