Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Caps '11-'12 Thread [Dennis Wideman to Calgary for a 5th etc.]

Sticksboi05

Getting the Stanley Cup is every teams goal so obviously I'd love for the Caps to bring it home to DC.

I'm content in knowing that the Caps will be highly competitive for years to come. It's so refreshing given the recent history on either side of the years of the lockout.

(I feel like a broken record saying that. :ols: )

For the 2010-11 season... Caps COMPLETELY changed the dynamics of the team play last season. It was painful to watch in the beginning but with a defense first mentality, they showed they could adapt to new philosophies--and do it fairly quickly. Caps got to round 2 last season in the playoffs. And they punked the Rangers so hard in MSG. :ols: I still razz my friend about that today.

What I want to see this 2011-12 season is... an improved D... and with the new goaltenders on the roster, as fans we'll likely see some more growing pains as they gain chemistry together. Being realistic... I just want to see the Caps go deeper in the playoffs. Conference Championship. Of course I want the Stanley... but one step at a time. If the Cup was easy to get, everyone would have it.

Wow. That's quite alot of pressure to put on your team.

---------- Post added October-6th-2011 at 10:02 PM ----------

To drink your sorrows away :)

:ols:

Unlike your cowardly team, our management didn't tear our team apart and essentially give up.

Pressure is still a good thing. Expectations to become champions are always a good thing

Man im excited for this season. Got tix for the Monday night tilt vs TB, skipping 2 classes for that. :) Can't wait to see Vokoun with a real team in front of him.

Random thoughts:

Can Semin be better in the playoffs? If i were him, I'd have a huge chip on my shoulder.

The blueline looks to be AWESOME. Carlzner as the top pair and then combo's of Green Wideman Hamerlik and Schultz/Erks/Possibly Orlov later in the year. Wow. in the playoffs.

Ovi in the best shape of his career. Hopefully he is back to being Ovi, in the playoffs.

The power play HAS to be better than last years abomination, in the playoffs.

Looking to see what Ward can do, havent seen enough of him yet, in the playoffs.

That's a question for the playoffs. Semin seems to disappear in the postseason.

He had the game 1 OT winner

I'd say he was the best player on the ice vs Philly in 2008 and the Rangers in 2009.

Its a night in, night out thing though. If he could play "god mode" hockey every night, this team would be unstoppable

I was thinking about offering to make this thread, to try to change the juju for the Caps this year. You best not have doomed us, Sticksboi!

Haha. Today, in my state of anticipation, I scribbled a little ditty about hockey. I hope you guys check it out, and continue to check it out as I write about, and follow the Caps.

http://sickunbelievable.com/2011/an-ode-to-hockey/

---------- Post added October-7th-2011 at 03:57 PM ----------

That's a question for the playoffs. Semin seems to disappear in the postseason.

Semin was great last year against the Rangers. The season prior he fired 40 shots on goal, and got Halak'd on all of them. Against the Lightning...well to blame that on Semin would be foolishness.

:ols:

Unlike your cowardly team, our management didn't tear our team apart and essentially give up.

Pressure is still a good thing. Expectations to become champions are always a good thing

Cowardly? I don't really think that's the case. Our management had the balls to blow it up when it didn't win the Championship. I mean, the same ol' thing every year, it was time for change. Pretty clear Richards and Carter we're not the answer. Otherwise, they would have done it. I'm OK with change when something doesn't work. Snyder isn't satisfied with "getting close". Sometimes, you just gotta blow it up :)

I would think Caps fans would understand :) Unless you're satisfied with "coming close".

I was thinking about offering to make this thread, to try to change the juju for the Caps this year. You best not have doomed us, Sticksboi!

Haha. Today, in my state of anticipation, I scribbled a little ditty about hockey. I hope you guys check it out, and continue to check it out as I write about, and follow the Caps.

http://sickunbelievable.com/2011/an-ode-to-hockey/

Good ****, site bookmarked. Is it new?

The thing is, Semin really doesn't disappear in the playoffs. I understand the criticism of him being inconsistent and having off games, but when I watch him in the playoffs, he's usually playing very good hockey. It hasn't been translating into goals for some reason, but going by my eyes rather than the stats, Semin has been a good player during the playoffs.

Thanks, PB. It was born just before playoffs last year. Had a lot of fun with it, generated a ton of traffic, so I decided to keep it going.

I loved reading it last year, glad you're doin it again!

So boosted for tomorrow. I'm excited just to be able to follow the Caps regular season. We all know the playoffs are the important part, but I can't wait to just watch some good ole hockey. The Pens are comin to the Phone Booth on my dad's birthday this year, so I already know what I'm gettin him!!!

God, I'm so excited :)

I loved reading it last year, glad you're doin it again!

So boosted for tomorrow. I'm excited just to be able to follow the Caps regular season. We all know the playoffs are the important part, but I can't wait to just watch some good ole hockey. The Pens are comin to the Phone Booth on my dad's birthday this year, so I already know what I'm gettin him!!!

God, I'm so excited :)

Thank you! Our popularity is blossoming, largely in part to the fact that Japer's links us every morning. We're really trying to get more people to comment on the posts, though, because it makes it more searchable. A lot of people find us on Google, believe it or not.

Sooooo, I guess what I'm trying to say is, comment! Make some friends :)

Cowardly? I don't really think that's the case. Our management had the balls to blow it up when it didn't win the Championship. I mean, the same ol' thing every year, it was time for change. Pretty clear Richards and Carter we're not the answer. Otherwise, they would have done it. I'm OK with change when something doesn't work. Snyder isn't satisfied with "getting close". Sometimes, you just gotta blow it up :)

I would think Caps fans would understand :) Unless you're satisfied with "coming close".

Imagine if the Red Wings did what Philly did back in 1994. They don't win 4 Cups over the next 12 years

Trading away 2 stars that are barely 25 was one of the dumbest moves I have seen in sports. And then overpaying an average goalie on top of it :ols:

Archived