Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Tiger Woods washed up?

blue collar

On 12/2/2017 at 4:13 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

Anyway...back to actual human adults talking about golf...looks like wind/dry greens/fatigue got the best of Tiger today.  Not terribly surprising.

tenor.gif

On 12/3/2017 at 9:56 PM, skinfan2k said:

The mental part seems like it's coming back. Tiger is the smartest golf player ever.  He lost his mental edge and physical edge over the past 10 years.  If the mental part is back, and he will be #1 within 2 years

Hubris did him in on a number of levels outside of his personal life.

For one, kudos to him for becoming a beast but nobody can convince me him over training led to the injuries sustained in the lower body.

The guy already was a phenom at striking the ball from the tee. He overpracticed and all that torque ****ed his body up.

On 12/3/2017 at 4:04 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

I'd say a 4 under Sunday and a top 10 finish is about as good as could've been hoped for.

How bout that little Rickie Fowler tho?!?

The field was kinda meh and it was only 18 deep.

I'm more impressed he shot in the 60's 3 of 4 days and could finish the tournament.

I didn't get to watch it. But what I heard was he scored that while purposefully challenging himself with shots. He wasn't taking the easiest shots to score low, he was seeing if he could really play competitive golf without being on a huge stage.

Everything about this weekend tells me his head is in the right spot and that was the thing I was most curious about.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The highlights from yesterday showed tiger hitting a lot of good shots. From what I've read today, he's playing well today too.

Which is great, and better than before, but the question is still can he do this long term? Or will he wind up back to being out for an indeterminate amount of time after playing for 3 months...

I figured he'd come back and win a tournament or two as long as the body held up. I didn't think he'd be in the hunt like this, this quick. It's impressive how hard he is pounding it. Was it the 14th hole where he had the fastest swing recorded of any player this so far? As long as he drives it good this afternoon, he wins. At the Honda he looked good, but he looks even better this weekend. 

On 3/9/2018 at 11:48 AM, Kilmer17 said:

I have tickets for a corporate box on the 18th green for Sunday.  This is going to be epic!

How was it???

I spent all day yesterday on the couch, a great lazy rainy Sunday, watching Tiger contend again. I thought time went back 20 years instead of ahead an hour. :806:

Good times.  I was right in line with Patrick Reed when he whiffed his putt on 18.  He knew right away that he blew it.  Right before though, he and his caddy were seriously talking about chipping it.  His caddy was very vocal about it.  

I dont understand why Tiger hit 2 iron off the tee at 18.  He needed birdie.  He gave up 60-80 yards.  Bad choice.  Safer I know, but the old Tiger wouldnt have played that one safe. 

Archived