Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

16 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

None of you are interested in winning 1,000,000,000 before taxes ?  (565M+ after)

I threw my 4 bucks in the pot. 

Why not? 

Group at my job did, three in 5, but said I wouldnt do it again.  To me lottery in VA is hypocritical way they crack down on any gambling they dont get a cut on while having a gambling hotline in Fine print on back of their scratchers.

4 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Scratch tickets ? Ehhh... to me it is all entertainment. Scratch tickets aren't as interesting. 

Same as any other gambling. Winning is fun, I don't expect to unless I can hedge the bet with information about the wager. 

I mean, you arent the target audience.  There's research about poor people investing in lottery instead of retirement, there's a reason for that and states know that

15 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

I have nearly every screaming parent of a kid I've coached in my head: "Keep shooting. You can't score if you don't shoot" (and their kid usually blasts it into two places: right at the goalie or 15 yards high or wide). 

Besides, I deserve to win. The first thing that always pops into my head when I think of winning is: claim it anonymously. Second thing: is how I'd set up a charitable foundation for my wife to run. 

3 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

First rule of Martial Arts: Don't answer phone before 4 PM.

Second rule of Martial Arts: Have ****ty website. 

I just tried calling every martial arts studio in my area and no one has picked up or have any useful info on their website. 

I can help you with this situation. 

No, not Master Rhee. 

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I mean, you arent the target audience.  There's research about poor people investing in lottery instead of retirement, there's a reason for that and states know that

What makes you think I am not in the demograph ? So being poor is an educational or financial demograph ? 

I'm broke and stupid as hell. Many folks here can attest to the stupid part. 

Life is still good

I usually try to keep my personal life personal for the most part, but I guess I'll share some good news. Only two people here know directly of the situation with my dad. He was diagnosed with prostate cancer back in the spring. Been dealing with myself (along with all my other famiky members) pretty much since, up to the surgery (back in late September).

All seemed normal when he was able to come home (lab results came back and he was 100% cancer free), but he started having trouble moving around soon after, pain, discomfort, etc, even his voice was off after awhile. Turns out the surgery was botched and  caused a perforation of the bladder, resulting in a really bad infection, and all sorts of horrible **** to leak in all the wrong places, and his digestive system to pretty much shut down.

**** got really scary for several days, hearing him, and seeing him looking like a ghost, with a bunch of tubes and **** everywhere,  looking like all he needed was a coffin. Terrified the **** out of me. I'm a strong cat, but with everything my families been through the past 7 years with several unexpected deaths, losing my dad like that just might've finally broken the dam.

But he progressed every day after the last really bad one, and is being discharged shortly.  Can't wait to get him the hell out of here, finally (he's been here for a week). He'll be on outpatient home care for several weeks, and hopefully will be his usual self not long after that. Been an ordeal, but we all made it through, and now I can rest (pretty much exhausted in all caps, italicized and underlined, Larry style)

Just thought I'd share that, in case anyone else was wondering if something was up. 

Archived