Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

2 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

for the life of me, I still don't know how so many new cars are sold in this country. I mean, I only buy used now—so I guess I'm that secondary market and the people I buy it from buy new. Most of my family isn't rolling in on a new ride every other year (although my inlaws seem to have a new used car every two years). 

Most of these new  cars are depressing. They all look the same. They're either grey or black. Bought my '07 Chrysler 300 used back in fall of 2010. Still going strong. Only car I'd buy used is an Evo.

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

First day back to work was brutal.  I gutted it out much as a could, but people could tell from how I was walking there was no way I was 100%.  Still having stomach pains and haven't had solid stool in several days.  I don't want to milk this at all, same time, I'm here, but I'm not here.  Working half days rest of the week, still on-call.  Could take until they take the drain out of me before I'm really back to where I was, so now its a game of patience and rest (It always was).

I've never done a march bracket.

hang in there, bro. 

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

First day back to work was brutal.  I gutted it out much as a could, but people could tell from how I was walking there was no way I was 100%.  Still having stomach pains and haven't had solid stool in several days.  I don't want to milk this at all, same time, I'm here, but I'm not here.  Working half days rest of the week, still on-call.  Could take until they take the drain out of me before I'm really back to where I was, so now its a game of patience and rest (It always was).

You're a bigger man than me, LOL...hope you get back to normal asap.  Do what the doctor says, despite what you may read, he's done the work to know what you need to do.  Get some rest.  A ruptured appendix ain't nothin' to fool around with.

Other than my current one, my fave was my '85 Subaru wagon that I bought from my best friend's parents for $600.  I put a ton of money into it, and it took a head-on collision to kill it.  (I still honestly think it coulda kept goin'.)

25 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I got over March Madness a while ago. Don't even do office pools anymore. I love all the people who claim to be experts picking North Dakota State as their cinderella when they couldn't name one person on their team.

The Northwestern coverage is nauseating. Epic circle jerkoff between all the sportswriters.

7 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

You're a bigger man than me, LOL...hope you get back to normal asap.  Do what the doctor says, despite what you may read, he's done the work to know what you need to do.  Get some rest.  A ruptured appendix ain't nothin' to fool around with.

You right, you right.  It took talking to a couple different people including the surgeon to help put it all in perspective.  I'm at the acceptance stage now.

My favorite car was Emma, the 98 chyrsler sebring convertible.  Washing dishes for a living and going to college, totally kept a smirk on the face until she tried to kill me with the ball joint popping out on me.  Road that car until the wheel fell off, put it back on, and kept driving her.  Miss that crazy *****.

I see you Sin, stunting in that 300 : )

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

You right, you right.  It took talking to a couple different people including the surgeon to help put it all in perspective.  I'm at the acceptance stage now.

My favorite car was Emma, the 98 chyrsler sebring convertible.  Washing dishes for a living and going to college, totally kept a smirk on the face until she tried to kill me with the ball joint popping out on me.  Road that car until the wheel fell off, put it back on, and kept driving her.  Miss that crazy *****.

I see you Sin, stunting in that 300 : )

See, better days.  Every car I've ever had has been named Steve...Perry & Walsh, the most beautiful voices on Earth.

3 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

That would be the equivalent of our "mid-life" crisis for me.  Out of sheer curiosity, what color?

Red of course!  I'm not the original owner, my friend in Miami was.  She picked it out.

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

my very first one that I bought with my own money was new. realized very quickly that was a waste.

My first new car was a 1973 Triumph Spitfire, Sapphire Blue with a French Blue interior. Loved that car. First car was a Dodge Coronet 500,  383 four barrel, Positraction rear end convertible. Bronze with black interior.

I love convertibles!

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

@LadySkinsFan...you're gonna lose your mind at GH today.  Just sayin'.

Watching the Y&R right now, then GH.  Hey, did you hear that Jane Eliot is retiring? No more Tracy, how could they replace Jane?

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I've never done a march bracket.

Hope you're back to full strength soon, Renegade!

3 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I have a 1998 Tahoe for running around and pulling the camper, and a 1997 Honda Del Sol that I am selling with 66K original miles. Needs a paint job, and I am getting ready to list it on Craigslist.

The last new car I bought was a 1995 Camry in October 1994. 

Is the Del Sol an Si?  Is it a stick?

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Is the Del Sol an Si?  Is it a stick?

It's an S, and a stick. I do have a spoiler unpainted in Texas. I'd ship it back up if someone wanted it for the shipping cost. It's pretty light.

I put 14" wheels on it, and a full size spare.

15 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

It's an S, and a stick. I do have a spoiler unpainted in Texas. I'd ship it back up if someone wanted it for the shipping cost. It's pretty light.

I put 14" wheels on it, and a full size spare.

I had a 93 Black Si stick back in my mid-90s glory days.  Loved, loved, loved that car...I'd leave the top off for days at a time and jump in and out of it like the Dukes of Hazzard.  Wouldn't mind getting another one for fun days, but a red S won't fill the bill.  Gotta have my VTEC, yo!

Good luck with the sale!

I wonder why they stopped making certain cars...and why they continue to make others. 

For example...The Supra, The MR2 Twin Turbo, The Acura Legend, the VW Karmann Ghia, the Fiero, the 308 GTB, etc... ???

Yet they still make ...Buicks. Seriously though, SO MANY unsold cars every year and the car companies won't simply take the hit to get rid of them. 

Nissan etc... That is just silly to me. 

Only new car/vehicle I've ever owned was the one I have now, my 2008 Toyota Sequoia.  Before that they were all used and most likely my next one will be used too (1-2 years old).  My first car was my dad's old 83 Honda Accord (the grey ghost), drove it through college and put almost 200K miles on it, but the AC went out in 1998 and it was going to cost more to fix than the entire car was worth (blue book had it listed at $400 in perfect condition - no miles :ols: ).  

My dad was high school buddies and friends with the owner of the local Buick dealership, he cut me a really good deal on a one year old Skylark.  Also cut a deal a year later on another Skylark (same year and model) for my wife when her Chevy Caviler tanked.  People made fun of us cause we drove the same car, just different colors, but ****, the car payments combined were under $300.  So **** em.

Was in two wrecks in the Skylark, one that sheared the compression pin in the AC unit (in 2001 - Buick was a 97) and again, the AC cost more to repair than the car was worth.  Drove it without AC until I got hit by some dude in a van (his fault) in 2004, at that point I went out and got a 2002 Montero Sport.  Dang transmission went out in 2008 with only around 120K miles on it.  

Then I got my Sequoia, only driven off the barge to the dealership cause they messed up and sold me another one where the inventory wasn't updated.  I went in late on a Friday night, test drove them, then asked them to look for the color I wanted.  They had one at another dealership, I did all the paperwork, paid the down payment, etc. and the next day I get a call and they told me another dealership sold it first and the systems hadn't been updated.  Ended up getting one never test driven with a free towing package included since they screwed up.  

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I had a 93 Black Si stick back in my mid-90s glory days.  Loved, loved, loved that car...I'd leave the top off for days at a time and jump in and out of it like the Dukes of Hazzard.  Wouldn't mind getting another one for fun days, but a red S won't fill the bill.  Gotta have my VTEC, yo!

Good luck with the sale!

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

I wonder why they stopped making certain cars...and why they continue to make others. 

For example...The Supra, The MR2 Twin Turbo, The Acura Legend, the VW Karmann Ghia, the Fiero, the 308 GTB, etc... ???

Yet they still make ...Buicks. Seriously though, SO MANY unsold cars every year and the car companies won't simply take the hit to get rid of them. 

Nissan etc... That is just silly to me. 

The Supra has been re-incarnated...its called the 86.

Saw it in the showroom a few weeks ago...looks sweet.

Need some advice hear from anyone who's going through or has already had to deal with aging parents. We're in the phase right now where my mother's erections are becoming more and more frequent. Been trying to pretend like we don't notice but it's becoming a problem. For instance, this girl that I've been dating and I went to visit my parents. Mom made us grilled cheese which was nice but when she brought them over, she practically smacked Skyler in the face with her raging salmon.

Archived