Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Go to Sephora or really any cologne place. 

Ask what is the newest... take a moment to try and figure out which one you like ( don't listen to the people that work there). 

At that point you will be wearing one of the newest fragrances. Be a trend setter, not a follower. 

I am rocking something old or something new most of the time. I don't have any interest in wearing what everyone else is wearing. I'll pay a little more to have my own thing. Dunhill Desire is solid, Gucci by Gucci is money, I can go down the list... but it is up to you. find what smells good to you from the newest stuff. Most people will have never heard of it, or never experienced it. If you find some old stuff that isn't Gucci, Polo Green, or Aramis...let me know. Well, I haven't used Aramis since before you were born. I should check it out again...it was the first cologne really made for men. 

I typically don't like the stuff that the folks that make jeans make, nor am I too much into the regular store stuff. 

Seriously, we buy all types of stuff...mainly to be a little different and new.  I have a Narcisco Rodriguez that is awesome.  She has a Paco Robanne perfume that is great for her also. 

EDIT: Worst case scenario...check out what they have at Bath and Bodyworks. I used to get by just fine with that and it was a hell of a lot cheaper.  You being a younger guy... I have no idea what your budget is. Thus the suggestion. 

I don't wear cologne anymore except maybe date night with the wife. 

At work, I find it nauseating talking to a coworker who is wearing cologne. 

I did however pick out the perfume my wife wears. Scent is a personal thing—so I picked out the one that I thought smelled sexiest. Even then, you can go wrong because a person's body chemistry may not play well. I remember a girl I dated in college, she wore Tommy Girl. It smelled fine out of the bottle, but on her it smelled like sickeningly-sweet vomit of someone who'd been drinking mixed drinks all night. 

I wore Eternity for years, then switched to Oscar de la Renta for years, now back to Eternity. 

As far as scent, someone a long time ago told me to only put on enough so you can smell it and someone who gets really close can smell it. That way it's not overwhelming and people can't smell you before you enter the room. Words to live by.

I only wear scent when out for special occasions.

6 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Ha!

Daggone it. Just read about Aramis...now made by Lauder. Guess what ??? won't wear that again. Haven't worn it since the late 70's as it is. Geez grandma, why did you start me out there and leave me with memories. 

Should have just beat me senseless without a sense of smell. Then I could just be stinky like most folks. 

Filing jointly at 205K income would leave you with a straight IRS burden in the mid 40s.  Pretty easy and extremely common to get that down into the high 20s with various deductions.  I thought we tried to keep politics out of the RTT?  I know we keep bull**** talking points out of the RTT.

51 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Made me sneeze all the time. Smells like baby powder. I don't know what ingredient made me sneeze, but it always did. 

Most colognes and perfumes make me sneeze.

This discussion made me think of Carlins bit on aftershave/cologne. Obviously it's NSFW.

Aloe vera gel as an aftershave is the way to go IMO.

Archived