Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Wes Welker's wife apologizes for comments about Ray Lewis

HogNose

:doh:

Last year it was Brady's wife, now Welker's....

Last year, Tom Brady's wife had some harsh words following the conclusion of the New England Patriots' season, this year it's the wife of wide receiver Wes Welker that is making news.

Welker's wife, Anna Burns Welker, took to social media site Facebook to take a few shots at Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis on Sunday night after the Patriots' 28-13 loss to the Ravens in the AFC Championship Game.

"Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis' Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!" Burns Welker said in a since-deleted post on her personal Facebook page.

Burns Welker released a statement to sports blog Larry Brown Sports apologizing for her remarks:

"I'm deeply sorry for my recent post on Facebook. I let the competitiveness of the game and the comments people were making about a team I dearly love get the best of me. My actions were emotional and irrational and I sincerely apologize to Ray Lewis and anyone affected by my comment after yesterday's game.

"It is such an accomplishment for any team to make it to the NFL playoffs, and the momentary frustration I felt should not overshadow the accomplishments of both of these amazing teams."

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8867098/anna-burns-welker-wes-welker-wife-apologizes-ray-lewis-comments

It's fair to say that fathering a bunch of children with a bunch of women is detrimental, but I don't think it's cool to talk that way about a particular person and children. because then the implication is that the world would be better of if a particular child didn't exist. And that really isn't fair.

It's fair to say that fathering a bunch of children with a bunch of women is detrimental, but I don't think it's cool to talk that way about a particular person and children. because then the implication is that the world would be better of if a particular child didn't exist. And that really isn't fair.
WOW, talk about blowing things way out of proportion. :doh:

Yeah, she is pretty hot. That was definitely a good catch by Welker.

Eh, I see those kinds of women in my library, grocery store, auto parts store, bank and Costco all the time. She's OK. Wouldn't kick her out of bed, but I've seen better. Her eyebrows are too long and her boobs look fake. Not sure what all the hype is about. Average.

Yet, you probably had sweaty palms from not having the audacity to step up to one ;)

Yet, you probably had sweaty palms from not having the audacity to step up to one ;)

I was waiting for the first one. Sorry you had to be it, but it's a bit of sarcasm from the Katherine Webb thread. Both women are really pretty and I yes, I probably wouldn't have the audacity to talk to either one in my prime.

So.... I understand that she is apologizing, but why? What did she say that wasn't true?

I agree ... first off, her apology is bull****. we know that. she's not sorry and she belives exaclty what she wrote.

2nd ... who in the hell is Ray Lewis ...people beat up the President of the United States all the time, and I don't me an just Barrack, people bashed Bush, no one apologies or backtracks. Why do poeple feel compelled to apologize to a 37 year old football player?

---------- Post added January-22nd-2013 at 02:15 PM ----------

Yeah that was the first thing I did.....Bravo Welker, bravo!

http://cdn3.socialnewsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/anna-burns-welker-hot.jpg

as it turns out ... SHE CAN SAY WHATEVER SHE WANTS!

good googly moogly

---------- Post added January-22nd-2013 at 02:17 PM ----------

Eh, I see those kinds of women in my library, grocery store, auto parts store, bank and Costco all the time. She's OK. Wouldn't kick her out of bed, but I've seen better. Her eyebrows are too long and her boobs look fake. Not sure what all the hype is about. Average.

:rotflmao:

I see what you did there ...

276172_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-I-See-What-You-Did-There_1600x1200_reasonably_small.jpg

Archived