Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com - RGIII Hurt In First Quarter

JaimeDeCurry

"Foreshadowing? RG3 Said Early in Game That Knee "Scared" Him

Didn't see this posted yet...pretty telling of how long RGIII had been fighting through that knee during the game. Trent Williams was mic'd up during the game and showed concern that RGIII had re-injured his knee. From the article:

TW: Did that shock you a little bit?

RG: Yeah, scared the **** out of me.

TW: All right, be smart.

RG: I will. I promise.

This took place after the second TD pass. More at the link.

He was hurt before the 2nd TD pass, the team was just fortunate that they were already at the goal line when it happened, and the TD pass didn't require a strong bullet-esque type pass.

Trent Williams seems to be RGIII's best friend, and not even just in the "he protects his blindside, so h e has to be" way. He seems to genuinely care for the guy. He also seems to be the first guy to want to celebrate with RGIII anytime he gets a TD.....you always see Trent giving the bear hug.

I thought he was hurt before the second TD pass when he was slow getting up after that one hit near the sideline.

Agreed. Three or four plays before the 2nd TD play he scrambled to his right and was knocked out of bounds. He was slow getting up and you can see him limping.

I thought he was hurt before the second TD pass when he was slow getting up after that one hit near the sideline.

I think youre right. Except it wasnt a hit. He planted on the bad leg to throw back across the field to Pierre.

He wasnt the same after that.

He was hurt before the 2nd TD pass, the team was just fortunate that they were already at the goal line when it happened, and the TD pass didn't require a strong bullet-esque type pass.

Trent Williams seems to be RGIII's best friend, and not even just in the "he protects his blindside, so h e has to be" way. He seems to genuinely care for the guy. He also seems to be the first guy to want to celebrate with RGIII anytime he gets a TD.....you always see Trent giving the bear hug.

This hopefully helps TW restructure his contract before next year to save us money.:)

Agreed. Three or four plays before the 2nd TD play he scrambled to his right and was knocked out of bounds. He was slow getting up and you can see him limping.

Yeah exactly. He slipped awkwardly on his knee and looked shaken up, was slow to get up, and removed his helmet. For all we know, maybe he'd slightly torn his ligament(s) but they didn't tear fully until the 4th quarter. Pure conjecture on my part, but as all these little facts and puzzle pieces are put together, you can envision the various scenarios. *sigh* So, so sad.

Trent Williams and Robert represent the New Era of the Burgundy and Gold. Both played injured much/most of the season. Both displayed courage, leadership and the heart of champions and both were honored as Pro Bowlers. What great role models for future Redskins! And when we get an a Pro Bowl RT-and when Kyle design schems to protect III-we will win those Super Bowls-

I think youre right. Except it wasnt a hit. He planted on the bad leg to throw back across the field to Pierre.

He wasnt the same after that.

Exactly right,saw it when it happened.You could see the difference in how he played right after that though he did throw the td on the next play.

Yeah. Seems about right. That's about when I started feeling like something was wrong. You could see he just wasn't comfortable. I honestly felt that after the second TD it might be best to put Cousins in and let him bring it home. And as much as I love RG3, I think he was hurting the team as well as hurting himself because not only could he not move well but his accuracy went south the farther into the game we got. That INT bomb was the kicker. No way he doesn't put that ball out in front of the receiver if he could have planted his leg to throw.

I love RG3s competitive nature but you *can* have too much of any good thing. Water can be poison if you drink too much. In this case, the best of RG3's nature got the worst of him.

He was limping the whole game.

If you can't walk without a limp, you shouldn't be playing football. Much less PRO football.

The Funny part is a bunch of Seahawk fans ACTUALLY BELIEVE the Seahawks defense made adjustments and that's why they won. What a joke. When Griffin was healthy the first 2 drives, the Redskins offense moved like a monster. That play before the 2nd touchdown sealed our doom

Great to see/hear ol' Silverback growing up and turning into the LT we knew he could be! Love that he's concerned for his buddy too.. Like was said above, when those guys really care about their QB, they play harder and are more effective.. That kind of camaraderie will be infectious Im sure..

As for RGIII, it's a damn shame he's having to learn every single lesson the hard way.. :(

He was limping the whole game.

If you can't walk without a limp, you shouldn't be playing football. Much less PRO football.

McNair used to play great injured.

---------- Post added January-9th-2013 at 11:41 PM ----------

The Funny part is a bunch of Seahawk fans ACTUALLY BELIEVE the Seahawks defense made adjustments and that's why they won. What a joke. When Griffin was healthy the first 2 drives, the Redskins offense moved like a monster. That play before the 2nd touchdown sealed our doom

This isn't entirely true. Seahawks have a great D. We weren't going to put up 48 on them. RG3 was ineffective both due to injury and probably also due to adjustments they made (or that they just stepped up their game).

---------- Post added January-9th-2013 at 11:42 PM ----------

This isn't entirely true. Seahawks have a great D. We weren't going to put up 48 on them. RG3 was ineffective both due to injury and probably also due to adjustments they made (or that they just stepped up their game).

Has anyone considered that RGIII might of had to go under the knife, even if he hadn't went down in the 4th quarter? Seeing as how that first MRI (after Bmore) said it was only a sprain (and also that MRI's arent always conclusive) then seeing the knee look worse and worse every week after the Philly game.. There's probably a real good chance they'd of had to do a scope anyway, after the season, and possibly some reconstruction work, just based on the Bmore incident and 1st half injuries of the Seahawks game?? (Not that it means anything now, just thinking with the keyboard..)

Basically sayin, all the "blame game" stuff may of been for nothing anyway..

Here's the adjustment. "Yo dude can't even walk." "Ok lets stack the box and key in on Morris" "Sounds good"

Archived