Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

blinking and time lapse

Burgold

When you open your eyes, your the kid begging others for a recommendation and hoping that people will believe in you. Then you blink and you're the one writing recommendations for others weighing on if you believe in them and hoping that the kind words you put forth and the weighed and measured thoughts can hopefully propel someone to the future they want.

I still see myself as the untested, nervous apprentice, but the world says I'm someone different. If I blink again, who will I be?

Shoot... meant this to be in the Tailgate. Sorry mods.

I will admit I do time lapse with the 'skins too. If I close my eyes I see Green, Olkiewitz, Manley, and Mann or Rypien, Clark, Monk and Byner... or Williams and Sanders, or Theismann, Butz, and Riggo. Strange how fast and completely time jumps about.

I will admit I do time lapse with the 'skins too. If I close my eyes I see Green, Olkiewitz, Manley, and Mann or Rypien, Clark, Monk and Byner... or Williams and Sanders, or Theismann, Butz, and Riggo. Strange how fast and completely time jumps about.

For most folks in western cultures, it seems to accelerate each decade after 30. :)

For most folks in western cultures, it seems to accelerate each decade after 30. :)

When you open your eyes, your the kid begging others for a recommendation and hoping that people will believe in you. Then you blink and you're the one writing recommendations for others weighing on if you believe in them and hoping that the kind words you put forth and the weighed and measured thoughts can hopefully propel someone to the future they want.

I still see myself as the untested, nervous apprentice, but the world says I'm someone different. If I blink again, who will I be?

As one of those people people who seems to believe in me and has stepped up to bat for me, I cannot thank you enough. :)

As one of those people people who seems to believe in me and has stepped up to bat for me, I cannot thank you enough. :)

If it helps, I have often wanted to step up to you with a bat and make you believe.

(kidding kidding---too good for a cheap shot artist like me to pass up--I think you're swell :))

Sometimes, it doesn't work out... but trust me it would be brilliant if anyone including me could understand me.

I got it. I actually thought it was a very good, very poetic commentary on the sudden realization of the passage of time and growing up.

That said, I'm still not sure if it deserves it's own thread. I'm thinking the random thought thread would have been perfect. :)

Psst BurGold...... Take two bags Cheetos and post when you leave Denver. :D:)

I feel you.

Days are so long, but months go by so fast it seems. This last semester has felt like the longest one of my life, but in a month I'll be done. Then begging for those recommendations :silly:

I've changed so much and I'm in a much, much better place than I was two/three years ago, but I wonder where I'll be in another year...hopefully engaged to my boyfriend with a bestselling novel. Okay, wishful thinking, but maybe someday.

Or when they can't set the clocks in the servers.

---------- Post added November-12th-2012 at 06:20 PM ----------

If it helps, I have often wanted to step up to you with a bat and make you believe.

Had a friend once describe to me something he saw in an interview with Robin Williams.

He's on stage, doing a routine in which he's a Southern Preacher. He asks for a volunteer child from the audience. Welcoms the kid on stage. Sits and talks with him a little, then goes into his routine.

He's really wigging out, building up to his preacher routine. And at one point, he's exhorting the audience to BELIEVE. He shouts at them "Do you believe?"

"No". (From the kid.)

"Wham! Upside the head with the bye-bull!"

(Lays the kid out cold, on stage.)

Williams said he stayed in character. "Kid? Wake up kid. Lord, heal this kid", and so forth. Said that the parents were rolling, laughing. Thought that the kid was acting.

I've always enjoyed the mental image of Robin Williams being in a situation like that.

Just thought a bunch of us might be going through it in various ways...

I definitely am.

Family life: I close my eyes and see myself looking to parents or coaches for every little decision. I open my eyes and find my kids, wife, and even parents asking me for help!

Work life: I close my eyes and see myself waiting for examples or direction from managers. I open my eyes and I'm providing guidance to my team.

Sports: I close my eyes and see my heroes in burgundy and gold...feeling like these mature 20 somethings should be able to handle anything. I open my eyes to see these children playing football and wearing the same uniforms my heroes once wore.

I definitely am.

Family life: I close my eyes and see myself looking to parents or coaches for every little decision. I open my eyes and find my kids, wife, and even parents asking me for help!

Work life: I close my eyes and see myself waiting for examples or direction from managers. I open my eyes and I'm providing guidance to my team.

Sports: I close my eyes and see my heroes in burgundy and gold...feeling like these mature 20 somethings should be able to handle anything. I open my eyes to see these children playing football and wearing the same uniforms my heroes once wore.

Yeah, that's it. Still lost, but now leading. Crazy how many trust me and lean on me... Even more so how much I come through ESP since in my own mind I'm the crazy kid switching careers and faking it.

Waiting to see something else. Something else comes and you are waiting for the next thing.

I woke up this morning and watched The Men Who built America (3 of the episodes).

And 7 NFL games.

I was compromised time-wise...but I needed to look at something for the in-laws after (30 minutes).

Now waiting for the NFL game tonight. Typically I wouldn't care about that game. But I need to catch back up with real time.

I feel like I miss plenty, and see plenty. But for some reason, I only get lucky with some news, some event. I have missed some events that would be unique, but have witnessed many in person that make up for it.

Archived