Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Falcons Prediction Thread; A Show of Hands

skins island connection

Week 5 is here, the Redskins are sitting perched smack dab in the middle of everyone else with a 2-2 record, and the undefeated Atlanta Falcons are coming to town.

'A Show of Hands' sounded like a good title, mostly because I couldn't think of a good analogy to use Permanent Waves, with the album cover of Rush using my hometown as a backdrop of the old Balinese Room, which has since been permanently removed thanks to hurricane Ike.

OK, enough of the getting off track; funny, there seems to be a tie between that line and the Redskins homefield advantage, or lack of for that matter. A tough matchup is upon us, with the Falcons somehow managing to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat againsdt a gamely Panthers team.

The Redskins defense still has issues with adjustments in the 2nd halves of games, but the offense has been alot better than anyone expected this season, with RGIII and Morris doing alot of damage and making alot of noise in the NFL rankings. Is Atlanta as good as their record shows, or is it a case of the New Orleans Saints of a few years ago, finding ways to win.

The answer is simple, and discipline plays a big part in it. Its time for the Skins to make 'a show of hands' statement in this game that they're gonna be a team to deal with.

In the end,

Skins 41

Falcons 38

*No, I'm not psychotic, just believing...:logo:

Unfortunately, I expect to see Matt Ryan look like Joe Montana against this defense. Roddy White and Julio Jones could also be doing a great Jerry Rice impression. I think our offense will put up points, but in the end, I think Atlanta's offensive firepower is just too much for our crappy defense. Atlanta: 41, Redskins 28

Tampa was a must win for me in terms of feeling comfortable with our progress. Minnesota will be similar. This week, it's house money. I expect us to be ready, play loose, and look good. However, Atlanta's strengths match up so well with our weaknesses. I think we will ask RG3 to win this one again and I'll say we come up a bit short.

Falcons 32, Redskins 27

I think we slow the game down with our NFL best running game. That's the key to this game. I predict Morris has another 100 game like around 130 yards 2 TDs. Griffin has another great game 280 yards 1 TDs 70 yards rushing 1 TDs. And we win on a Cundiff FG at the end. 34-31 I'll say.

For sure I hate picking against the skins.

I had predicted a win in this game before the season started. But now I agree, Atlanta's strengths will exceed and expose our weakness. Their "D" is not all that and it's rated in the middle of the pack in various categories. I do believe we will be able to run the ball against them and control the clock.

Won't be as high scoring as one would think. I do believe we can keep close, but end up losing 27-20.

The game will be closer than people think. Skins have #1 rushing attack, and a good front 7 on D. We will score points and be in the game. Can we get enough pressure on Ryan, can our secondary play well enough to win? We will need a little help, a TO or two, maybe a key penalty but if we play a solid game we can win.

If we commit TO's or key mistakes we lose going away.

Prediction;

We play a solid game and squeak out a 31-27 victory...

Falcons 40 plus, 'Skins 20 plus.

Let's say 41-24 Falcons.

Hail.

Ditto. I'm with you on this one. Unless there is a dramatic turn of events in practice or scheme this week.

Falcons 41

Redskins 24

Cundiff goes 1-3 and the Falcons score late to put it out of reach.

So my bro goes to a sports bar last Sunday and sees a Native American Redskins fan and politely asks him "why are you a fan?" Guy says nothing but points to his skin....life's subjective.

Falcons offense best thing on the field after Robby G....too much firepower...too terrible a defense.

44-28 Atlanta Falcons.

I'm 0-4 on the season.

I'd like to see a gameplan similar to the Saints. It'll all come down to time of possession. Our run game gives us a big shot in this game. But we're still gonna get killed by the big play.

If we can run at will and keep Ryan off the field as much as possible, I'll say 31-28 Skins.

If we can't control the ball, I'll say 38-31 Falcons.

Mr. 1-4 needs to redeem himself in a big way this week, he needs to make EVERYTHING. The skins can't afford to leave points on the field with how dynamic that offense is.

I like the skins IF they can play ball control and run the hell out of the birds in the 1st half.. however what I'm afraid of is they come storming out of the gate in the 2nd half, score some points, load the box up to take the running game away, and dare RG3 to beat him with his arm on 3rd and long like the previous 4 teams have done. 2 times it's worked out for them, 2 times it hasn't.

Hopefully the skins pull out the win 33-30

The run D is capable of shutting Turner down, but the pass D will resemble its old self. However, with #10 this team will always have a chance.

Skins: 31

Falcons 28

This is a reasonable prediction. Turner is no where near as fast as he used to be, and our run D has been solid all year!

However I expect a 35-31 game. Don't know which team will win, but it'll be around that score.

Archived