Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Movies that you know to be objectively awful, but you like them anyway

Predicto

I was watching a movie recently when I realized that it was really not very good but I couldn't help it - I laughed myself silly.

The movie was Zoolander. The "Blue Steel" model expression, Hansel (he's so HOT right now), when he goes home and tries coal mining, "you can read minds????," milla jovovich, orange mocha frappachino... the whole movie is terrible and completely AWESOME!

What's your guilty movie pleasure?

F that. I love Zoolander. But yes. Guilty pleasure.

"What is this? A center for ants??"

Zoolander holds a unique place for me too in a different way. It was released after 9/11 and we went to go see it in the theater during college and it was the first time I had heard public laughter (in a big group) since the attacks. I just remember being noticeable at the time.

Anyway, I love the Underworld series. But that's cause I can look at Kate Beckinsale all day.

Taken.

Dumb movie, completely unrealistic plot.

Get's a 10/10 for being badass.

Taken deals in straight up stereotype. Wouldn't be surprised if Karl Rove was the executive producer. Let's go over the plot.

Daughter of materialistic divorcee goes to France to follow U2. Kidnapped by Eastern Europeans. Sold into sex slavery. Auctioned off to a middle eastern Sheik who wants to take her virginity. Oh and dutiful, simple living, covert ops dad gets her back in one piece. Sounds like a scare you into xenophobia approach to me. only saving grace is dad is from Northern Ireland.

big trouble in little china- ridicoulous stereotypes and plot, but ultimately very funny and entertaining.

Wait - that movie isn't awful. It's awesome all the way through.

---------- Post added September-21st-2012 at 10:39 AM ----------

^roadhouse is a good one

Ugh I can't watch that one. It fails in quality but because it takes itself seriously, it also fails in entertainment value.

Archived