Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hilarious: Daily Show Looks At 24 Hours of Fox News (and random DS bumps) MET

mjah

The 24 hours in question just happen to be Obama's first day in office. And Fox News, perhaps to overcompensate by a factor of 37 for CNN's giddiness, seems to have gone completely off the deep end.

I don't usually start threads like this one, but this is just too good to pass up. Jon Stewart and company really nail it:

"If you don't stick to your values when they're being tested, they're not values. They're hobbies."

This will only make Fox News look that much better to the minority of the country that believes in this stuff. The far left will probably go off the deep end over it. But given that most voters get their news from a mix of sources or (if they're really smart) turn off Fox News completely, four years of this Fantasyland nonsense will just marginalize the far right even more. I wonder that will mean for future elections.

Anyway, enjoy the clip. :cheers:

Good stuff. The hypocrisy is stunning.

And the piece dovetails nicely with the "Obama is NOT my President" tailgate post from a couple of days ago.

As well as the Gitmo thread going on right now.

The part in the middle where he's talking about values is perfect.

edit: quoted in the OP

thank God the writers are back because without them John Stewart was horrible. but this did have me laughing last night and made me realize that Fox News is a ****ing joke.

Hmm, I'm gonna dig up that old thread on what is the Daily Show going to do now that Obama is president.

I know it was just a clip of his interview, but Rush's racist butt should be removed from the air for that comment.

Nah. Rush is fully entitled to be a horrible and subtly racist demogogue all he wants. He has free speech rights the same as the rest of us.

I don't agree with Limbaugh in this instance, but why do you say he should be removed from the air?

I don't really listen to his radio show, but I am a conservative. They really cherry picked what he said in that segment - his point was, If Obama is going to fix everything through government ownership in private companies, than I don't want him to succeed, because in the long run we will be worse off.

No comments on the rest of the piece...

i could make that same bit out of any of the main stream media outlets. That was cherry picked to the maximum. I think the real issue is that people are not able to discern News from Op-Ed's. O'Rielly Hannity Glen Beck are op ed shows. Shep Smith does the news. Hillary Clinton even said Fox "NEWS" is the fairest and most balanced. Keep digging....

Archived