Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SFGate.com: "He [Jason Campbell] looks frazzled under pressure..."

Boss_Hogg

"Campbell is content even when he has time to dump the ball to Darren Mcfadden. McFadden is going to have some nice stats, but they're all coming between the 30-yard lines.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/raiders/detail?entry_id=72125

:ols:

Some of the raider fans have already come up with nicknames:

JaMarcus Campbell

Captain Checkdown

Checkdown Charlie

jamarcus light

diet russell

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/168793-j-campbell-nickname.html

I watched a lot of the Raiders game yesterday. Honestly, I hate to blame one person for the failed seasons of the past because it's more than one person, but you could clearly see how much of a weak link JC was for us while watching that Raiders game. Watching him run the Raiders offense was pretty much identical to what we've seen the last few years. The tempo looked like us last year, coming up short on 3rd and long because Campbell completes a 4 yard pass when they need 8 yards, no pocket presence or awareness. Then after the game is out of reach, JC pads his stats, just like he did for us, so after the game you go, "well, he had an 80 passer rating. It's not his fault the offense sucks and we lost."

After watching the Raiders game, McNabb alone should yield us 4 more wins than last year.

I, too, watched that game, and it was remarkably similar to last year's team. My favorite play was a 3rd and long for the Raiders, and Campbell ran for it, and he slid a yard and a half short of the first down. He clearly would have been able to pick it up with no one immediately around him, if he dove and kept his head up. He just looked scared of contact most of the game.

One of my brothers is a lifelong Raiders fan and yesterday he looked like I did the past few years watching JC 8....poor guy :wink:

I read all the trash the raiduhs fans were talkin' a few weeks ago about how much more talent JC 8 has in Oaklund and it was all Dan Synder's fault he underachieved here, etc.

Funny how fast they turned on their heir apparent to Jim Plunkett :ols:

Feel bad for the guy. After the last few years and then seeing the kind of protection the Raiders offer, you can understand why he has happy feet and plays like he has shell shock. Some of it was him. Some of it was the stuff going on around him. I think he's damaged goods and won't make it back at this point.

His best bet is to be a back up QB for a solid organization. He thinks he's a lot better than he is, so he thinks he's entitled to a starting job. After the Raiders gig, he should wise up and settle on being a back up. I think he would make a good back up for a team like the Steelers.

I'll take poorly formed assumptions for $1,000 Alex.

Yeah, the great Raiders juggernaut was held back by Campbell's play and not the other way around? OK Raider nation.

Jason Campbell top 10 QB under pressure:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/extra-points/2010/best-and-worst-quarterbacks-under-pressure

07 Aug 2010

The Best (and Worst) Quarterbacks Under Pressure Bill Barnwell put up a recent Extra Point linking the chat I did over at Washingtonpost.com to promote Football Outsiders Almanac 2010. Out of that link came a discussion about which quarterbacks put up the best DVOA under pressure last year. Donovan McNabb, who will be doing his thing behind a line that may not match the front five he had in Philadelphia. Adding Trent Williams and Jammal Brown will improve the tackle position, but the 2009 Redskins ranked 27th in Adjusted Sack Rate to Philly’s 20th. In addition, the Redskins led the league in allowed hurries according to our game charters – Washington quarterbacks were hurried on 22.9 percent (147) of their 610 passes and scrambles. The Eagles’ quarterbacks were hurried on 16.0 percent (109) of their 618 passes and scrambles.

Who had the best DVOA under pressure among starting quarterbacks last year? Among players with at least 20 plays under center or in shotgun, Aaron Rodgers was by far the best. Good news for him, since the combination of Rodgers’ “Waiting for Godot” impersonation in the pocket and the Packers’ injury-riddled offensive line had Rodgers under more pressures than any quarterback not named Jason Campbell and Jay Cutler – through both situations seemed to improve as the season went on.

The top 10 under pressure*:

Table 1: Top Ten Quarterbacks Under Pressure

PLAYER Plays Yards DVOA PYD YAC

Aaron Rodgers 131 6.5 61.8% 9.6 5.3

Donovan McNabb 86 7.7 41.0% 9.1 6.9

Ben Roethlisberger 93 7.2 40.6% 10.6 3.8

Matt Leinart 20 5.4 28.8% 9.0 3.8

Tony Romo sits to pee 95 5.4 24.7% 7.2 5.2

Bruce Gradkowski 47 6.4 20.9% 10.1 6.9

Seneca Wallace 28 4.9 16.5% 8.4 4.4

Peyton Manning 78 6.8 16.2% 9.7 3.0

Jason Campbell 133 6.5 10.7% 8.6 8.8

Carson Palmer 96 5.2 10.7% 6.9 4.4

And the bottom 10:

PLAYER Plays Yards DVOA PYD YAC

Keith Null 24 2.7 -208.2% 7.1 4.4

Trent Edwards 32 1.7 -97.2% 5.6 2.1

Byron Leftwich 20 3.6 -81.8% 6.9 6.4

Kerry Collins 41 1.4 -78.9% 10.2 0.6

Derek Anderson 35 2.1 -74.6% 8.4 5.3

Kyle Boller 49 4.0 -65.1% 7.4 4.4

Mark Sanchez 77 3.9 -62.5% 7.5 6.2

Marc Bulger 39 3.9 -60.5% 8.1 3.9

Matt Hasselbeck 78 4.1 -45.9% 6.2 3.5

Daunte Culpepper 40 5.0 -43.0% 8.2 2.6

JaMarcus Russell 69 4.1 -41.2% 8.6 4.0

No surprise that Roethlisberger would be right up top as well; Leftwich’s third-worst ranking should raise a few red flags in the Steel City, acquired in Tampa Bay as it might have been. And with Arizona’s line still full of question marks from a pass-protection standpoint (the Cards’ new left side of Levi Brown and Alan Faneca

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here let me guess the response:

-Football Outsider what a bunch of Campbell homers! Don't they know he knows how to manipulate the stats to look better then he is?

LoL

donovan mcnabb: 15 completions for 171 yds 46.9% avg. 5.3 1 rush for 17 yards. offense scored 6 points.

jason campbell: 22 completions for 180 yds 59.5% avg. 4.9 1 td 1 int 6 rushes for 34 yards. offense scored 13 points.

i'm not going to say anymore, other than watch that glass house because mcnabb didn't look like a world beater either.

Did you even watch the game? Campbell looked TERRIBLE. All of his stats also came after the Titans already had a 3 possession lead.

McNabb may not have had great stats, but at least he looked composed.

Seriously, watch games, don't just regurgitate stat lines.

donovan mcnabb: 15 completions for 171 yds 46.9% avg. 5.3 1 rush for 17 yards. offense scored 6 points.

jason campbell: 22 completions for 180 yds 59.5% avg. 4.9 1 td 1 int 6 rushes for 34 yards. offense scored 13 points.

i'm not going to say anymore, other than watch that glass house because mcnabb didn't look like a world beater either.

McNabb: 1-0

Campbell: 0-1

Did you even watch the game? Campbell looked TERRIBLE. All of his stats also came after the Titans already had a 3 possession lead.

McNabb may not have had great stats, but at least he looked composed.

Seriously, watch games, don't just regurgitate stat lines.

i didn't claim that they were similar. i'm just saying open your eyes. i love having mcnabb here, and he's done a bunch of things since he's been here that campbell never could. but if you are going to start up a thread every week to bash campbell then maybe you should look at how inept our offense was last night, just like it's been for a long time. this time our defense bailed us out.

Archived