Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Week 6 - The Commanders @ The Ravens ~ The Feathery Beast Shall Be Nevermore!

zCommander

44 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Talk about a cursed franchise. Detroit has never even been to a Super Bowl. Honestly I would be happy for their fans and for Goff to win it this year.

I’m with this if we aren’t in it at the end.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

I cannot get over how abysmal this defense is. They look so out of sorts, I have to take a good long hard look at the coaches. DQ needs to take over the defense or find someone who can. Whitt isnt it.

The defense doesn't look out of sorts. It looks overmatched. There's no amount of coaching that can produce speed and power.

I agree with the notion that Peters wasn't expecting a winning record and a powerful offense this early, and that's why he didn't try harder to shore up the secondary. The trade deadline is only a few weeks away, but how many teams are really going to be willing to trade a shutdown corner?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Dark Acre said:

And we improved our 2025 draft slot!  😛

Not really, look at that schedule. The only way our draft slot is any good is if Jayden goes down, and no chance am I cheering for that. We are winning 10 or 11 games, we're gonna pick between 21st and 28th, gonna need to be lucky with the picks. I was sure we'd be sitting 5-12 unless Daniels got hurt, but at this point, its 21-28 unless Daniels gets hurt, maybe even worse. On the plus side, that Dolphins 3rd will be much higher than expected. I think most people probably figured we'd pick 88-95 w/that pick, but its genuinely looking like it will more likely be 70th-80th. So probably something like:

1.(25)

2.(57)

3. (78)

3. (89)

4. (125)

5. (150ish)

and then some other picks. 

Gotta hope we can find at least one positional solution, maybe two, on day one and day two. Frustrating because there are just too many needs: two corners, two edge candidates, probably an OT, 2 WR's and a RB, its too much in one offseason no matter how good our picks might've been. 

1 minute ago, Doctorfro said:

We desperately need corners. The Dline could be better but they aren’t nearly as bad as our secondary. 

Sad thing is St. Juste is basically only out there cause they need a body… he’s so bad… 2yrs ago he showed a lot of promise but that went south and very fast imho…

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bkrb96 said:

Outside of the DTs, do we really have elite talent on D. I mean Wagner is solid but a little pas this prime. There is only so much scheming you can you  against a top tier team.

Hate to tell you but the DT’s aren’t elite 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Aiden Hutchinson just turned into Joe theisman 

1 minute ago, Command The 414 said:

Sad thing is St. Juste is basically only out there cause they need a body… he’s so bad… 2yrs ago he showed a lot of promise but that went south and very fast imho…

Should’ve kept Fuller. He was our best corner. I am pleased with the progress Noah I and Mikey S are showing. Isn’t Patrick Peterson still available, he said recently he’d come play for a contender 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 3

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

Talk about a cursed franchise. Detroit has never even been to a Super Bowl. Honestly I would be happy for their fans and for Goff to win it this year.

I don’t know, after Ben Johnson wasted our time; does her deserve a Superbowl?

• Like 2

Honestly, I’m just happy we looked like we belonged on the field with that team and we had a chance to win.  A lot of their fans were fans of the Redskins back in the day and they have pretty much been the unquestioned premier franchise for the last 25 years in this area.  There is a time in the future when  I won’t be happy with moral victories at all, but today was a moral victory and I’ll take it for now. 

Also, Dak sucks lol 

Edited by Commander PK
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sinews said:

Depending on the severity of Allen's pectoral injury, Newton will have a bigger opportunity to show what he's got. I'm pretty excited for that (pending he's about fully back from his own foot issues). 

Man I really wish we'd traded him, seems like every time I hear about a pectoral injury it's a year long injury issue. That would wipe out any remaining asset value for Allen :(. Hopefully I'm wrong. 

• Sad 1

For anyone who is down on our D, you should see how bad Dallas is on defense. I'm loving it.

Just now, petey hodge said:

Was there a Forbes sighting on the field today?  I mostly saw Dirty Juice #25 getting burned all over the secondary 

He was a healthy scratch. His days are numbered here.

We just don’t have the talent on defense. The entire defense needs an upgrade. Could still use more OL. We really don’t have a breakout #1. Terry is good but he’s really a solid #2.

To get to the level of where the Ravens are, superbowl contenders; it’s going take 2 more drafts/free agencies.

On the plus side, our offense is already very potent; despite its weaknesses.  Our remaining schedule forecasts to a 10-11 win season.

If we’re a wild card team, it’s probably a quick exist as we’d be facing the 2nd-4th place teams on the road. If we’re a division winner, we may win our first playoff game in 19 years. What more can you ask in year 1 of a rebuild?

Unlike the past, we have a competent team that will address our weaknesses and fix them. It’s going take a little while to get there but the fact you can probably enjoy January football while we get the pieces, I’ll take it.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

I'd say 3 years ago but not since.  He's slow, can't play without his hands all over the receivers and doesn't exactly look like he's all in on tackling. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, mac8887 said:

I’m surprised we haven’t seen more sinnot. Jayden does have a good rapport with Ertz and Kliff definitely feels more comfortable playing Ertz but I think that Sinnot would add valuable YAC that ertz is missing from his game now in his old age. I think we will be getting a WR either before the deadline or in free agency next year. Next year we will have a 1A offense, this year if we add another WR, Higgins or Deante Johnson

Its probably simply the training involved. TE's take forever to develop if a team insists on them developing an in line game to go with the pass catching side of things. It's learning two different positions at the same time, along with a playbook, most of the early breakout TE's are guys that were either given just baby steps in terms of in line responsibilities, or were so damn good to begin with at the in line side of things that they could step right in. 

I would imagine they want Sinnot to sit and learn, while they use Ertz as a stop gap who can simply do the job, and give jayden a catch and fall stop gap security blanket in year 1, it would not surprise me if Sinnot largely goes unused until December, but injuries could change that. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

Should’ve kept Fuller. He was our best corner

He only got 2/15M. He looks like Darrell Green in his his prime up against the like of St. Poop.

1 minute ago, Die Hard said:

Luvu.

Talk about a disappearing act this week. A complete non-factor.

The Ravens seemed to always have what the doctor ordered for Luvu and anyone else attempting to rush the passer.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Luvu.

Talk about a disappearing act this week. A complete non-factor.

I think you have to credit the Ravens on this one.  They watched the Browns game and devised a game plan to minimize his impact