Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Rookie camp/OTA/Training camp thread.

19 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Even my wife who knows nothing about football noticed it. "Does Rivera even still coach? He's not doing anything!"

This is what his mind was on.

GRW7RNgbAAAGDo_?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Funny moment for me listening to Hoffman-Paulsen podcast.

They talk at some point about how more deliberate and better this coaching staff is from the last one.

Hoffman said he asked Ron during last camp that he's delegating so much of his job to others, what does he actually do?  And Hoffman said Rivera didn't have a good answer for that.

Didn't he say he was hanging out with the linebacker room?

5 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

This is what his mind was on.

GRW7RNgbAAAGDo_?format=jpg&name=large

So is mine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2024 at 4:11 PM, bowhunter said:

The only things EB and JDR were burning was bridges

Was listening to a Giants beat guy on Keim's latest podcast.  He talked about how the Giants couldn't beat anyone in this division for years except Washington who they oddly own.  Then went on to say, that Daboll for his faults and ditto his coaching staff could easily outwit Washington's previous staff (Ron's staff) and hence the discrepancy. 

It was interesting to hear him say it because I said back in the day in real time, Logan Paulsen who works for the team, would politely make the same point about the Giants matchups.  Giants coaches just would outsmart ours.  I recall among other things he said how the Giants defense had a beat on how to take advantage of Washington's protection schemes and they would zig when this team expected them to zag. 

I recall the year when the Giants played us back to back weeks with a bye in between and how Logan said he could tell that this coaching staff expected the Giants to run the same game plan from 2 weeks ago and when they didn't it caught Washington off guard.

Contrast that to how the Dallas defense would dominate Daniel Jones.  I expect and hope the tide to turn now.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Was listening to a Giants beat guy on Keim's latest podcast.  He talked about how the Giants couldn't beat anyone in this division for years except Washington who they oddly own.  Then went on to say, that Daboll for his faults and ditto his coaching staff could easily outwit Washington's previous staff (Ron's staff) and hence the discrepancy. 

It was interesting to hear him say it because I said back in the day in real time, Logan Paulsen who works for the team, would politely make the same point about the Giants matchups.  Giants coaches just would outsmart ours.  I recall among other things he said how the Giants defense had a beat on how to take advantage of Washington's protection schemes and they would zig when this team expected them to zag. 

I recall the year when the Giants played us back to back weeks with a bye in between and how Logan said he could tell that this coaching staff expected the Giants to run the same game plan from 2 weeks ago and when they didn't it caught Washington off guard.

Contrast that to how the Dallas defense would dominate Daniel Jones.  I expect and hope the tide to turn now.

Yep. It'll be great having Quinn run our defense now, he OWNS the Giants. We're gonna start putting Danny Dimes into the ground. And they don't have the fear factor of Barkley anymore either.

We have to sweep NY.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Yep. It'll be great having Quinn run our defense now, he OWNS the Giants. We're gonna start putting Danny Dimes into the ground. And they don't have the fear factor of Barkley anymore either.

We have to sweep NY.

I'd be less worried of barkley against our front 7 now and be more worried about nabers going against our cbs.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I feel like we will match up defensively now with Quinn and Whitt Jr, but I think it remains to be seen how Kingsbury does with his schemes and adjustments. I know I am making myself sound old, but this was a huge factor in Joe Gibb's first tenure. We seemed to always come out after half time with adjustments that gave us the advantage in the second half. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Listened to Standig on a podcast say recently when asking around the league about the draft - the player he heard touted the most was Magee as a good get.

Doubled down again that Jamin might not mske the team 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 8
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yeah I'm a summer guy, this is my favorite time of the year. But I admit to kind of wishing time would move faster.  

this offseason flew by quick. I havent even had the chance to miss football. Looked up and realized its less than a month and I am not ready. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

2024 Team Reports Cards were released. The surveys were conducted in Aug-Sep 2023, I believe.

More detail in the link below.

https://nflpa.com/washington-commanders-report-card-2024

image.png.b61242ba5e1c8b0c2eeaec6b7150f598.png

This was done just as Josh took over.  I’d expect better scores in the next survey and after a year under the new coaches; an even better score in 2 years.  Josh is addressing the concerns.

5 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

This was done just as Josh took over.  I’d expect better scores in the next survey and after a year under the new coaches; an even better score in 2 years.  Josh is addressing the concerns.

training room and locker room might take some time.  Remodeling can only do so much and it takes time to build new

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MrJL said:

training room and locker room might take some time.  Remodeling can only do so much and it takes time to build new

You can make short term improvements to make things better.  Obviously, for us to be among the best, new facilities would have to built and that will take a while. Especially, since a lot of that is tied to a new stadium.

Josh though is doing things to make things better, short and long term.

Remember we did get a loan from the nfl.  Also, even good teams like Chiefs didn’t score well in some areas.

July 6 already.  July 18(rookies)/July 23(veterans) is almost here.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Is the plan to remodel or build a whole new building? Didn't he tour what the Ravens have as a possibility?

I believe they are remodeling now, but eyeing a new facility in the not so far future.

The stadium deal will prolly play a big role in when/where.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I believe they are remodeling now, but eyeing a new facility in the not so far future.

The stadium deal will prolly play a big role in when/where.

Exactly. For now they will renovate the facilities and FedEx as a temporary fix, and I'd assume brand new facilities will be built close to the new stadium.

4 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

All those low grades yet the owner gets a B?  

From my years of observation, Dan was well-liked by his players throughout all of his years. Yes, he was horrible in so many other ways, but from a player's point of view, I'm saying.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

All those low grades yet the owner gets a B?  

2 hours ago, wit33 said:

From my years of observation, Dan was well-liked by his players throughout all of his years. Yes, he was horrible in so many other ways, but from a player's point of view, I'm saying.

Dan did not score a B two years ago when he owned the team at the time of this survey, he was disliked in recent years. 

This most recent “B” was for the first stumbling partial offseason that Josh Harris had, last year. He already owned the team when this survey was done early in the season, and had made a good first impression—but hadn’t been able to change anything yet. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3