Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft: Undrafted Free Agent Tracker

RWJ

11 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

JP Finlay on his show this morning with BMitch said he heard from someone over there that MRJ was gonna make the team.  We'll see...

Great hands!  I like it.  

• Like 1

Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint continues to be the most interesting UDFA to me, but here's one for the negative column in terms of outlook.

@FrFan posted an interesting advanced metric in another thread (YPRR, or yards per route run), and it applies here: https://www.si.com/si-fantasy/rookie-wide-receivers-bust-avoid-drafting-fantasy-yards-per-route-run-analytic-trend-01hxh4bjsbnm

image.png.338566fea2b76346495737ec22ca2801.png

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

My guess for WR room this year is: McLaurin, Dotson, Crowder, Zaccheaus, McCaffrey, Rosemy-Jacksaint

Same. Good list. With Crowder and Zaccheus both being established veteran slots (to differing degrees), if McCaffrey starts getting snaps with the starters we’ll know we have a real gem on our hands. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Who is Zachheus 

Zaccheus Olamide. 26. Decent replacement level slot guy with a high water mark of 40/550/3 for the Falcons two years ago. Nothing special and more of a possession compiler but he’s a pro. The kind of guy you make a guy like McCaffrey beat out on his way up. 

24 minutes ago, Conn said:

Zaccheus Olamide. 26. Decent replacement level slot guy with a high water mark of 40/550/3 for the Falcons two years ago. Nothing special and more of a possession compiler but he’s a pro. The kind of guy you make a guy like McCaffrey beat out on his way up. 

I watch a lot of football. Like… a lot. College, pro and high school.

I have never heard of this person. I didn’t even know they were on this team. 

• Thumb up 2

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Well when we sign 20+ free agents, you're bound to miss one or two 😛

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

My guess for WR room this year is: McLaurin, Dotson, Crowder, Zaccheaus, McCaffrey, Rosemy-Jacksaint

Russell Gage is available, he's a guy I'd take over Olamide all day long. LSU boy too....still only 28 and has had some success in the league. Wonder if he's damaged goods?

21 minutes ago, KDawg said:

He's the Keyser Soze of wide receivers.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Definitely a low profile signing but he’s a guy who can eat slot targets if necessary (hopefully only due to injury). I only know who he is because I play in deeper PPR dynasty FF leagues and he was owned everywhere his first few years with the Falcons as a sleeper. I actually would have bet his best season was more than 40 catches but nope. Like I said, replacement level but serviceable. Definitely not a household name.

16 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

15 hours ago, Conn said:

Same. Good list. With Crowder and Zaccheus both being established veteran slots (to differing degrees), if McCaffrey starts getting snaps with the starters we’ll know we have a real gem on our hands. 

So that sounds like 3 slot guys and 3 outside receivers?  Or is there some position flex there?

Tinsley is my wildcard.  Of course, while he impressed some people in camp last year, he got a grand total of 3 offensive snaps… so not exactly expecting much there.  Perhaps this staff is able to coach up Dyami…

Back to the thread topic though, reliable hands, high end blocking and (most importantly) ST play is how you make the team on the back end.  Does seem like MRJ might have an inside track…

Our WR room blows big time. Possibly league worst. Samuels was close to being the best one last year and he's gone. TMac is legit, but that's it. Dotson sucked big time last year. He's not cemented in as WR2. Any and every WR in camp has a shot at being a starter.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

So that sounds like 3 slot guys and 3 outside receivers?  Or is there some position flex there?

Tinsley is my wildcard.  Of course, while he impressed some people in camp last year, he got a grand total of 3 offensive snaps… so not exactly expecting much there.  Perhaps this staff is able to coach up Dyami…

Back to the thread topic though, reliable hands, high end blocking and (most importantly) ST play is how you make the team on the back end.  Does seem like MRJ might have an inside track…

I think it’s possible we keep a 7th WR but I would expect a lot of 2TE sets, as well as Sinnott being used all over (eventually). I think if we go with 6 it’s possible we’re a little overloaded on slot guys, yeah. I bet the hope will be that McCaffrey has the ability to play outside eventually. 

11 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Our WR room blows big time. Possibly league worst. Samuels was close to being the best one last year and he's gone. TMac is legit, but that's it. Dotson sucked big time last year. He's not cemented in as WR2. Any and every WR in camp has a shot at being a starter.

Trading or acquiring a quality vet must still be on the offseason to do list IMO.

The other thing to remember is that Ekeler is going to be the honorary 7th or 8th guy in the WR room (except, on the field a ton), for all intents and purposes. The passing game is going to flow through the TE’s and RB’s in a big way

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Trading or acquiring a quality vet must still be on the offseason to do list IMO.

DId Pringle sign elsewhere?  He wasn't great but had some size and came up with some clutch catches last year 

25 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Dotson’s an easy person to root for, but as a player, it’s mostly about his td totals his rookie year.  Poor separation numbers, lackluster production and big time drops last year certainly diminished my expectations for him going forward.  Would have been nice to land a guy that could legitimately compete with him.  Hopefully someone unexpected steps up in a big way to challenge/push Dotson, or Dotson shows major strides this year.  To be fair to him, last year was tough on virtually everyone on the team.

27 minutes ago, Conn said:

I think it’s possible we keep a 7th WR but I would expect a lot of 2TE sets, as well as Sinnott being used all over (eventually). I think if we go with 6 it’s possible we’re a little overloaded on slot guys, yeah. I bet the hope will be that McCaffrey has the ability to play outside eventually. 

Yeah, I’ve been arguing that McCaffrey may well be able to play on the outside at some point in the future (if need be), but until that happens (if it does), only going with 3 outside guys is pretty questionable.  That 3rd guy being a rookie that ran an 4.8 is even more questionable.  Wonder if we see either Crowder or Zaccheus land on the PS instead.

I agree though that our TEs and backs will likely take on a significant portion of the load.

Similar to how I feel about Butler at S, maybe things will click with Dyami in his 3rd season and with better coaching.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KDawg said:

You didn't watch any uva games about 4 or 5 years ago? Dude was easily best player on the field.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

You didn't watch any uva games about 4 or 5 years ago? Dude was easily best player on the field.

Only time I watch UVA is when they play Miami. I like watching good football :P 

(Nevermind the fact I watch every Commanders game and most Hurricane games.)

Edited by KDawg
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm chalking last year to a sophomore slump and is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than his outing last year.  The entire team last year was ****ty....I bet he looks much better this year.

34 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

I'm chalking last year to a sophomore slump and is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than his outing last year.  The entire team last year was ****ty....I bet he looks much better this year.

Our Offensive staff were complete morons. If guys can get close to the separation they got under Turner, it'll look a lot better.

1 hour ago, Conn said:

The other thing to remember is that Ekeler is going to be the honorary 7th or 8th guy in the WR room (except, on the field a ton), for all intents and purposes. The passing game is going to flow through the TE’s and RB’s in a big way

Sinnott and Ertz are good players to get on the field together and a WR like LMC is some solid protection formations with great receiving ability, add Ekeler and BRob too, our passing game is definitely not running through our WRs. TMac should be able to get behind defenders pretty easily. Dotson, too.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 4:06 PM, CapsSkins said:

I'm hoping zaccheaus gets beaten out by tinsley or tremayne. mclaurin and crowder are good enough for veteran presence, for me. I keep hoping dynami will break out, but i've given up on that.

Edited by xxprodigyxx