Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

Daym, Milton is built to cut thru NE cold.

They were tired of having a QB that could not deal w/ that weather. They double dipped and got 2 guys that can.

They got a lot of work to put into Maye, I like pairing him another specimen like Milton and letting them both grow.

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I'm not, but mostly because I've watched Joe Milton play.

He might give Maye some trouble in a "who can throw it through the uprights from furthest away" competition, though.

Oh, he'll murder him there. Bazooka Joe likely has the biggest arm in the NFL.

About to head out so unlikely to be posting for a bit.

My early UDFA list

Dwight McGolthern-- CB

Kamal Hadden -- CB

TE 

Jack Westover 

Devin Culp

WR

Tahj Washington

Isaiah Williams

RB

Cody Schrader

Dylan Laube

OT

Frank Crum

Edge

Myles Cole

CB

Dwight McGlothern

Kamal Hadden

As for at our pick

Blake Watson

Jahiem Bell

Christian Mahogny

Javine Jean Baptiste

Cedric Johnson

Brenden Rice

Jahiem Bell i think could be a blast with Kingsbury.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

They bring in established, well-respected veterans at key positions: TE, LB, already had them at DT and WR. Then you draft players at those positions and who exhibit foundational traits and potential for leadership and have them learn from the best.

We'll see what happens with the picks on the field but the draft strategy seems clear to me and they pulled it off quite well. The only snag was not being able to move back up into the 1st and get their foundational LT. I would have liked a little more attention to o-line as well but the board didn't fall that way. 

In any case, regardless of how the rookies develop, there's a clear plan of action in the FO and one that is taking into account the future of this franchise, both near-term and the next few years. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

About to head out so unlikely to be posting for a bit.

My early UDFA list

Dwight McGolthern-- CB

Kamal Hadden -- CB

TE 

Jack Westover 

Devin Culp

WR

Tahj Washington

Isaiah Williams

RB

Cody Schrader

Dylan Laube

OT

Frank Crum

Edge

Myles Cole

CB

Dwight McGlothern

Kamal Hadden

As for at our pick

Blake Watson

Jahiem Bell

Christian Mahogny

Javine Jean Baptiste

Cedric Johnson

Jahiem Bell i think could be a blast with Kingsbury.

I do like some of what I saw from McGlothern and I like Schraeder.

Jaheim Bell probably is not making it to UDFA

But as of now him and Dallin Holker  are still out there.  ALso Brevyn Spann-Ford

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sinews said:

I don't trust anything, I just like his strategy and what he's doing. No absolutist language from me. We're all here to discuss different aspects of what we feel like talking about, that's why I'm here. AP could miss on every pick this draft, I still like the strategy and will wait and see. No hurry. 

I just feel like if anyone here were seriously talented enough to be on the level of an AP, they'd be working in an NFL FO. To my knowledge, nobody here is. 

My post on curiosity about the Newton selection over Cooper selection was the BPA reaction.  Newton was BPA so it made sense to take him. That was the thought of some of the kind people on this forum. I am more of a BPA at need kind of person. CB was a need before DT was, and Cooper was ranked higher than Newton in most all rankings in the country. They are more experienced at this job and I bow to that. But the strategy changed between picks 36 and 40, hence my questioning the picks. 

With that said....you are 100% correct. Gotta play ball to really get a feel for the picks.

• Like 2

I also think its not just about stack rankings

If you look at it

WOuld a top tier, top of draft DT be more impactful than a 2nd Round Corner?

Its not just about need, or how they are ranked by others.  DL improvement may mean less coverage time for the corners.

5 minutes ago, Veretax said:

I do like some of what I saw from McGlothern and I like Schraeder.

Jaheim Bell probably is not making it to UDFA

But as of now him and Dallin Holker  are still out there.  ALso Brevyn Spann-Ford

My list below that was non-UDFA, that's the one Jahiem Bell was on.  Never cared much for Holker.  Spann-Ford dropped a zillion passes last year but is a decent blocker.  If I am going for high upside as a UDFA TE, I'd go for Culp or Yassmin.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise

At this point I may roll the dice on Brendan Rice just because of how pissed off his dad probably is and how revengeful he's gonna have his son be against the rest of the league. Not to mention the bloodlines....

5 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

At this point I may roll the dice on Brendan Rice just because of how pissed off his dad probably is and how revengeful he's gonna have his son be against the rest of the league. Not to mention the bloodlines....

The mock sims I was in saw a major drop off in [s]talent[/s]the numbre of Receivers going in these rounds, starting somewhere around when Rice was taken.   I'm not sure why.

No idea why he's fallen so far he has potential for sure.

Edited by Veretax

9 minutes ago, Veretax said:

I also think its not just about stack rankings

If you look at it

WOuld a top tier, top of draft DT be more impactful than a 2nd Round Corner?

Its not just about need, or how they are ranked by others.  DL improvement may mean less coverage time for the corners.

Agreed, I was referencing the BPA approach. Cooper was a first round prospect in the teens....but I get your point about impact. Unless Cooper turns out to be a shut down corner of course.  I personally think it was a mistake, I would like to have l seen Cooper picked 40. But I'm only armchair qualified. Sanstrill and Coleman may turn out to be a great move by AP. I guess questionable **** eats at me after the Rivera era. Time will tell.