Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

Just to put things in perspective, we have a new owner that understands how to run a professional team. We also have a new F.O. with legit football minds that know what the **** they're doing. Whether you agree with some, or even any of the picks, when was the last time any of us can remember that we've been able to look back at four plus rounds of the draft and have a reasonable expectation that every one of those picks will either start or be meaningful contributors? This is uncharted territory since the days of Bobby Beathard folks...including Gibbs 2.0.

Those of you that have known me during most of my tenure here will find it odd, I know, but I'm in full glass half-full mode for this team.😎 Think about it. The DMV finally has a goddamned professional football team again! For people the age of most of us here, anything after having a real professional team again is gravy given that most of us expected Farquaad's reign to continue until after we're gone. Meaningful games after October, playoff games/wins, a Super Bowl, who knows? We're playing with house money now people. It's all good. Now, I'm going to go pinch myself yet again, just to be sure.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I think this means something entirely different than I think it means...

Auto correct.

That probably means something I don’t understand as well 😂

• Haha 2

Dominique Hampton.  Wow.  Quinn wants to tackle tackle tackle. High energy.  Tone setting.  Bruising defense. 

I took him on the board's mock draft.  If I recall i even mentioned his fit to this defense.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 12
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

team logo

Dominique Hampton S, WASH

Height: 6-3, Weight: 220

Rating: 70.78 (Part-time contributor)
Pro Comparison: Brandon Browner
Summary

Dominique Hampton has a long frame but can be a little stiff in his movements. And while he will take bad angles from centerfield on in-breakers, when he gets low, he moves surprisingly well in space for his size, especially against slot-type receivers on vertical routes. He's not twitched up -- he requires a half-step to gather himself when changing direction when coming downhill. He's better closer to the line of scrimmage where he can match up vs. athletic TE types, though he can get grabby if beaten early in rep

About
  • 2023: Led team with 109 tackles
  • 2023: Game-high 10 tackles in CFP title game loss vs. Michigan
Strengths
  • Long frame, moves well in space for size
  • Better closer to the line of scrimmage than in the deep half
Weaknesses
  • Can take bad angles at times coming downhill
  • Can be a little stiff when changing direction
Combine Data
  • 40-yard dash: 4.51 seconds
  • Vertical jump: 39 inches