Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Lucas is serviceable and there will be a new wave of free agency plus cuts late in camp. I agree though that both OT spots are a concern right now.

Reaching for needs bites you - it was one of Ron’s faults.

I get it.

Felt like the time to strike and make a move was last night.  I’m not in love with any tackle left.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Koolaid at 36, trade back a little with 40 still in range for Amedgadjie (future LT), or E Cooper - trade next years 2nd for Aiyuk (esp since it'll be 60-64 range ( 😉 )

Love some combo of Fisher, K Jackson, C Beebe and Sinnott later tonight... I want Javon Foster in the later rounds for Tackle depth, potential RT starter if we miss out in earlier rounds

• Thumb up 1

AD Mitchell at 36. Dejean or Sua at 40. We are going to walk away with multiple starters tonight. The board is still stacked since 6 QB's went in round one. Add in reaches for Worthy, Pearsall and Legette and we are sitting pretty.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coopskin44 said:

Your worried about what Belichick said? he is one of the worst talent evaluators.You can nitpick every pick.

Belichick has a great football mind, but man oh man he sucked at drafting talent. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I think I would rate my guys for 36 something like Cooper, Ladd and then Mitchell and Kool-Aid in the same spot.

I think Kool-Aid is probably the safer better guy atm but Mitchell just feels like a bundle of potential.  A 9.99 RAS is insane.

Good news is at least one of those 4 is guaranteed to be there.

Edited by DogofWar1

29 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

If Cousins was upset with the sexy, skimpy uniforms our cheerleaders were wearing, he's gonna freak out completely knowing that he'll have Penix right behind him all season.

image.png.4d5bc9a8e8c43ca8499b32fe578fe061.png

“Kurt” sure is a target for disrespect by whoever he plays for lol. Must be a real jerk behind the scenes 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm totally on board with Daniels, even if the pick was anticlimactic by that point. But I've very much been looking forward to day 2 for quite some time. I think we'll learn a lot, both about AP and the team-building philosophy. Should be a lot of fun. 

Thanks every one of you draftniks for keeping the rest of us up to date and informed on choice players, I've learned a lot! 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Prime position to trade back. Especially for WR needy teams.

50- 90 I want a lot more picks.

What time is the draft today?

We have a plethora of picks already, I’d rather stand pat and draft some leftover 1st round talents instead. 

• Thumb up 1

47 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

If Cousins was upset with the sexy, skimpy uniforms our cheerleaders were wearing, he's gonna freak out completely knowing that he'll have Penix right behind him all season.

image.png.4d5bc9a8e8c43ca8499b32fe578fe061.png

Post of the day vote logged

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

All this talk of Aiyuk trades well HOW ABOUT THIS:

(Please note I do not endorse this idea, I'm just trying to create conversation)

I'll pass on Mayer. I was one of the few who couldnt stand him as a prospect last year. He is slow and struggles to get separation. 

2 hours ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Not comparing him to Lamar but I think the plan is to have a lot more 2nd and 4’s to stay on schedule. The Ravens run game has been top 5 every season of his career, even without Greg Roman. You run the ball, you hit short passes and stay on schedule. Probably 3-5 quarterbacks can consistently make the 3rd and 8 passes.

I wouldn’t be upset if they took Corum at 40. I think he’s a quarterbacks best friend in terms of do it all including pass pro.

This works because Lamar is an elite runner that is elusive and always avoids big hits. JD is the exact opposite of Lamar as a runner. He’s not someone you can build the running game around like Lamar

23 minutes ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

“Kurt” sure is a target for disrespect by whoever he plays for lol. Must be a real jerk behind the scenes 

it’s because he grills his steaks on aluminum foil

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This works because Lamar is an elite runner that is elusive and always avoids big hits. JD is the exact opposite of Lamar as a runner. He’s not someone you can build the running game around like Lamar

To the extent it can be taught....

JD needs to be a scramble to pass or a scramble and get out of bounds type of runner in the NFL

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

Coleman is ok but I think Fisher should be the pick at #36 if available and then the other two I mentioned in an earlier post.  I think we have to address OT with our next pick.  

No we don't. The guys to target are gone, at that point you're reaching, it's also worth noting that the Chargers already took OL after our pick, same with the Titans, real good chance a good OL we like makes it past 37, 38, 39, Chargers may take a guy at 37 though, and a WR run is expected early in round 2 which could cause people to trade into that zone. 

There's maybe one guy in Paul, possibly worth risking all that at 36, but I'd rather just take one of the best talents on the board, and they are generally DB, and WR. 

• Like 3