Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Schedule News, Rumors, and Mocks

kleese

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, kleese said:

Schrager has way better sources than me (I know he says he’s just speculating, but he could be hinting) but I would be very surprised to see two bad teams from 2023 open in the premier TV time slot for the NFL w1. I very strongly feel it will be Lions, as they are the most marquee team from last year that hasn’t been announced for W1 yet. 

Outside of us and the fans of the Giants I can’t think this game would garner too much interest… it will get watched of course but not for anything other then it being Week 1…. 

I will say this, if true then it amazes me just how much of a 180 this franchise has taken w/Harris at the helm w/the NFL…. Never in a 100yrs would we have got a Nationally Televised game after a 4-13 season Week 1

Edited by Command The 414

6 minutes ago, kleese said:

Schrager has way better sources than me (I know he says he’s just speculating, but he could be hinting) but I would be very surprised to see two bad teams from 2023 open in the premier TV time slot for the NFL w1. I very strongly feel it will be Lions, as they are the most marquee team from last year that hasn’t been announced for W1 yet. 

LOL! You are probably right. No one would want to watch the bottom dwellers of the NFC East, but of course I would love it. 

Looks like Rams-Lions SNF w1. 

Im starting to feel good about my Commanders at Giants 1pm prediction. There is a rumor floating out there that we are Bengals w1 but I haven’t seen anything reputable on that 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

4 minutes ago, kleese said:

Looks like Rams-Lions SNF w1. 

Im starting to feel good about my Commanders at Giants 1pm prediction. There is a rumor floating out there that we are Bengals w1 but I haven’t seen anything reputable on that 

The 2 LSU QB’s and Heisman winners … never thought about that angle 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

The 2 LSU QB’s and Heisman winners … never thought about that angle 

I wouldn’t overthink that one… they have quite the task on their hands to make the schedule and after they get the marquee teams/games situated, I think it’s pretty much all about fitting everything else where they can. If we indeed play at Bengals W1, that is almost certainly a 1p game buried pretty deep in that first window. If it’s Giants, I think that likely becomes the main 1p FOX early game. 

10 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

49ers vs jets Monday night week 1.

Rodgers is going to run out with the flag again and his other Achilles is going to instantly snap 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, kleese said:

I was thinking Lions also. The other 3 championship game participants already got prime slots; so the Lions should also.

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I was thinking Lions also. The other 3 championship game participants already got prime slots; so the Lions should also.

Done deal, hosting Rams SNF

With Baltimore probably getting a bunch of prime time games this season, that opens up the 1 pm slot on Fox 45 and CBS 13,which is almost always our game, unless Baltimore is playing at  the same time on the same network 

• Like 1

I've been to Europe numerous times.  Be nice one day to see this change.  NY's been there if I recall a bunch of times.  Us just once.  I think we are one fo the one NFL teams without a European city partner among other things. 

Posted (edited)

So we have confirmed/leaked for week 1:

Bal @ KC (TNF)

GB @ Phi (FNF)

Pit @ ATL

Ind @ NYG

Dal @ Cle

LAR @ Det (SNF)

NYJ @ SF (MNF)

Edited by mhd24

19 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Jaguars playing two weeks in a row in london has got to be both a test balloon and a message from the nfl about the possibility of moving them over seas.

They did it last year too 

Eagles first three games leaked… we are not one of them. Beginning to wonder if that totally random twitter leak of our schedule might actually be legit: Had us playing Bengals, Steelers, Bears, Eagles first four weeks— all of which would still be possible based on various leaks/rumors. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Jaguars playing two weeks in a row in london has got to be both a test balloon and a message from the nfl about the possibility of moving them over seas.

Jags reached a deal on a new stadium with Jacksonville, so looks like no.

The NFL will never have a team overseas because you won’t get players wanting to live in a foreign country. 

When the nfl expands to an 18 game season; you will see every team required to play a game overseas and the nfl will then have a permanent schedule of overseas games and probably a network/streamer to air those games.

• Like 1