2024 Schedule News, Rumors, and Mocks

kleese

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, c slag said:

I found this on social media 

I don't know how factual it is tho

Screenshot_20240509_140317_Facebook.jpg

It’s a bogus account. 

This guy (and others like him) do this every year. About 24 hours prior to release on 15th there could be some credible leaks. The “leaks” on this account are nothing of the sort. 

Edited by kleese
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Hoover-ball said:

I just want to know which game is the Green number retirement game. 

Cowboys at home?

That's when they SHOULD do it...and they should have Tony Dorsett run up to the mike and grab Green's retirement plaque and start sprinting down the field, forcing Green to run him down from behind again.

If Jason Wright is in charge of this ceremony, I would imagine he would do it during the home game against the Panthers, however. 🙄

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Haha 10

17 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

If Jason Wright is in charge of this ceremony, I would imagine he would do it during the home game against the Panthers, however.

😝 thanks for making me spit up my coffee I was drinking when I read this…. How true though …lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

That's when they SHOULD do it...and they should have Tony Dorsett run up to the mike and grab Green's retirement plaque and start sprinting down the field, forcing Green to run him down from behind again.

If Jason Wright is in charge of this ceremony, I would imagine he would do it during the home game against the Panthers, however. 🙄

I would NOT do it v Cowboys and I would not do it late in season. I’d pick an early season game against a (perceived) weaker opponent like Tenn or Carolina. Chance for good weather is better earlier in year and if you pick a non-marquee opponent you drastically increase home fan %— don’t want #28 getting retired with half the stadium wearing blue giving a courtesy clap. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, kleese said:

I would NOT do it v Cowboys and I would not do it late in season. I’d pick an early season game against a (perceived) weaker opponent like Tenn or Carolina. Chance for good weather is better earlier in year and if you pick a non-marquee opponent you drastically increase home fan %— don’t want #28 getting retired with half the stadium wearing blue giving a courtesy clap. 

If that is going to be the factor then that pretty only allows it to be done in 4 games then, the Panthers, Falcons, Titans or Browns game…. Cause the other 5 games will be 35-50% of the other teams fans then, and truthfully the Titans game 2 years ago they represented well and I could easily see many a Browns fan when they play here…..a sad reality is the area in which we are with so many transplants and the sad state of which we’ve been as a winning team it will take some time for the stadium to be what we need it to be….

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

If that is going to be the factor then that pretty only allows it to be done in 4 games then, the Panthers, Falcons, Titans or Browns game…. Cause the other 5 games will be 35-50% of the other teams fans then, and truthfully the Titans game 2 years ago they represented well and I could easily see many a Browns fan when they play here…..a sad reality is the area in which we are with so many transplants and the sad state of which we’ve been as a winning team it will take some time for the stadium to be what we need it to be….

Transplant argument is awful. Its because our team sucks.

Philadelphia had its home court invaded by New Yorkers in a PLAYOFF basketball game.

Edited by Warhead36
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Transplant argument is awful. Its because our team sucks.

Philadelphia had its home court invaded by New Yorkers in a PLAYOFF basketball game.

It’s also just a new reality of some markets. I think DC is forever now going to “host” a ton of opposing fans, even if we are a legit contender. Fandom more than ever now is less regional and more brand based. There are a bunch of fanbases who have a culture of “taking over” opposing stadiums and this happens at an even higher rate in stadiums/cities that hold a tourist-appeal. For instance, Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, Niners fans all roll out heavily wherever they play— but DC, Miami, Glendale, LA, Jerryworld, et are all hot destinations. It’s less pronounced in places like Buffalo, Cleveland, Philly, Detroit, KC… for obvious reasons. 

If/when we are good again the fanbase has some confidence in the organizational direction, there will be fewer opposing fans at home games, no doubt. But I think moving forward and forever now, there is going to be a pronounced opposing fan presence at our games. 

• Like 1

Contrary to the opinion that the DC area (thus government entities) is not a Transplant location and it not being 1985 where there was no EBAY, SeatGeek, Marketplace etc… fans of opposing teams can easily access tickets fast…. And had this opinion that the Transplants argument was awful (had he done his due diligence) and totally read my response he would have seen I also said the sad state of our winning… thus combining to the 2 factors is why we see a lot of opposing fans…. Maybe read a entire post and come away with a response putting 2 things together that make it true instead of pulling just 1 response to get your opinion seen

Posted (edited)

I would definitely NOT do the Green Retirement Ceremony at a division home game nor would I do it on the dates that we play the Steelers and Browns at home.  I would wait to have it for when we play an NFC South team like the Falcons or the Panthers.  I would've put Cleveland on the docket, but they only come here once every 8 years, and they're a good team now, so I'm sure a ton of their fans will make the trek to Landover to see them play.  The truth is that until we get good again (or move to a new stadium), the field formerly known as Fed-Ex is always going to be overrun with opposing fans of large market teams or popular team fanbases (Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, 49ers, Eagles, etc).  I would hold off on doing any retirement ceremonies if one of those teams is scheduled to come to Landover.

Edited by samy316

On 5/9/2024 at 8:53 AM, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I have a feeling that Goodell will eventually start charging for access to the NFL schedule, at say, $19.99 a pop. Anyone who republishes the schedule for other who haven't paid for it will get hauled into court, or at the very least banned from all NFL activities going forward. Maybe Goodell will organize a weekly pay-per-view event every single week where a player opens up an envelope and announces who they'll be playing next week. Imagine the fun when even the players don't know who they'll be playing every week until the last minute!

Think I'm crazy? Everyone said:

1.   Goodell would NEVER add a 17th game to the schedule because it would unbalance everything and make an 18th game a fait accompli. (coming soon)
  2.   Goodell would NEVER add an NFL game on Christmas Day, since that day "belongs" to the NBA. (started last year)
  3.   Goodell would NEVER add an NFL game on Black Friday. (started last year)
  4.   Goodell would NEVER make NFL teams play on TWO short weeks during the season (which is happening this year).
  5.   Goodell would NEVER add a SECOND NFL game on Christmas Day because (see #2)
  6.   Goodell would NEVER have the NFL season start on Labor Day weekend, since that weekend "belongs" to the NCAA (OK, this hasn't happened yet, but with the 18th game coming...)
  7.   Goodell would NEVER lock the NFL players out of the stadiums if they complained about adding the 18th game (which he did back in 2011).
  8.   Goodell would NEVER have an NFL game happen on a Tuesday or Wednesday (which is rumored to be happening this year too).

Mark Cuban was right...pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.

Forgot to add some other predictions that Goodell will ram through at the behest of the owners:

9. Football on Valentine's Day (likely, with the Superb Owl being pushed back whenever they add the 18th game)

10. Football on Halloween (regardless of which day of the week)

11. Football on Election Day

12. Football on New Year's Eve (regardless of which day of the week)

13. Football on New Year's Day (ditto)

14. Football on MLK Day

As far as which game to hold the number retirement ceremony, let Darrell decide. I would be very surprised if he didn't pick an NFCE opponent.

Trying to pick a "homecoming" opponent is so high school.  Remember what happened when Dallas picked Washington as the game to retire the Big Three? :806:

:229:The Rook

This team on Thanksgiving vs Dal@ss is so bad for us fans, but would be such a big draw for the NFL.  Daniels on rational stage would like RG3 12 years ago.  Here's hoping it doesn't happen like it did back then although the outcome was nice back then

13 hours ago, kleese said:

But if they announce it early enough i think we can sell out redskins fans vs cowboys

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sundancer91 said:

But if they announce it early enough i think we can sell out redskins fans vs cowboys

This team Is a ways from having a majority of our fans in the stadium.

If the team is winning when we retire “28”; it will be mostly Skins fans.  If we are struggling with a losing record; then it will be the usual, mostly other teams fans.

22 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Jason Wright is in charge of this (Darrell Green) ceremony, I would imagine he would do it during the home game against the Panthers, however. 🙄

Wright has already put in an order for a custom 30 foot neon sign to be posted in the stadium saying:

"THANK YOU DARRELL GREENE FROM ALL OF US"

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, sundancer91 said:

That’s not happening, ESPECIALLY if the ceremony is late in the season, and the Cowboys are competing for the NFCE, while we are out of the playoff hunt and trying to play spoiler.  There would be at least 70-80% Cowboys fans in the stands if that were to occur.  The perfect time to have that ceremony is early on in the season against a team like Atlanta or Carolina.  The Falcons & Panthers games will probably be the only games they play at home with a majority of the crowd being home fans, so it would make sense to have a majority home crowd for that ceremony.

Edited by samy316

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

We laugh, but unfortunately it does make sense to have the number retirement ceremony against the Panthers or the Falcons. We want the crowd to be a majority of home fans, and those are likely the only two games where that will be the case.  You can’t have that ceremony at home against the Steelers, Bears, or any other NFCE home game, because you run the risk of the crowd being an overwhelming majority of away fans, and it’s just sad and embarrassing to hold that ceremony in front of a hostile crowd.

Edited by samy316

On 5/10/2024 at 5:38 PM, NoVaSkins21 said:

This team on Thanksgiving vs Dal@ss is so bad for us fans, but would be such a big draw for the NFL.  Daniels on rational stage would like RG3 12 years ago.  Here's hoping it doesn't happen like it did back then although the outcome was nice back then

The Cowboys Washington game last season was the third largest tv audience ever for a regular season game and we lost 45-10 and people still tuned in. The previous games have had equally massive audiences. It will be more common than not going forward.