Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS News: Texas mom arrested for allegedly mixing drink that sent bullied son's classmate to hospital

Destino

Sounds like an asshole kid got the least he deserves 

I’m of the mind that if the child or parent has to take control of a bullying situation, the school has failed and is responsible. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

Man, I have so many thoughts about this. I can see lots of reasonable takes on both sides. 

The thing I keep coming back to is, how much of a ****ing wuss is this bully that he had to go to the hospital over lemon juice and vinegar? Hopefully his street cred is permanently ruined. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Is the combination of lemon, salt, and vinegar become more potent or something?

Sounds like the bully exagerated the injury, played victim and was coddled, thus being empowered and taking the bullying even further. I knew a kid like this in school.

When I was about 4, during family holiday gatherings I would sneak around and take sips of everyones drinks. Apparently I kept doing it after being told not to. Well, my grandfather fixed that by leaving out a glass of straight vodka. I stopped.

Edited by Metalhead
  • Like 2

Agree with @dfitzo53and want to know more about the hospitalization. Was it just precautionary or, even worse, just done to advance the bullies legal claims?  

I’m sort of in the “he shouldn’t have been stealing the other kid’s drink every day” camp unless he was really injured, and I doubt he was really injured. 

• Like 2

Just now, dfitzo53 said:

Also let's be real, there's no way the kid pounded the entire bottle. It obviously tasted nasty, so he drank at most, what, an ounce or two?

Gtfoh.

I’m strongly considering mixing a batch myself because I’m curious about the taste and not the least bit concerned that I would actually cause any harm whatsoever to myself. 

This is why some kids end up taking guns to school and "solving" the problem themselves. Not only did the school not punish the bully or stop the bullying, but now the mother of the victim is in trouble because of the school's lack of action. Funny how it seems that is when a school wants to step in, just to do the wrong thing all over again.

Edited by Simmsy
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Agree with @dfitzo53and want to know more about the hospitalization. Was it just precautionary or, even worse, just done to advance the bullies legal claims?  

I’m sort of in the “he shouldn’t have been stealing the other kid’s drink every day” camp unless he was really injured, and I doubt he was really injured. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mother-mixed-drink-sons-classmate-hospitalized-bexar-county-texas/

The sickened 11-year-old said he took a large sip then spat it out because it tasted bad, according to the arrest warrant. He developed a headache and started to feel nauseated shortly after drinking the concoction, officials said. The student has since been discharged from the hospital and is doing well, CBS affiliate KENS-TV reported.

If I were the mother I’d see if I could file charges against the kid for harassment and theft. 

**** this started with the supposed victim committing multiple crimes. So. Let’s have fun with it!

5 hours ago, Destino said:

my question to you, dear reader: Do you feel it was right to arrest this mother for this vigilante vinaigrette incident?

I didn’t know you could get hospitalized from taking what I can only assume would be a sip of vinegar, salt, and lemon. Kinda sounds like a bs hospitalization. 

• Thumb up 1

13 hours ago, Destino said:

my question to you, dear reader: Do you feel it was right to arrest this mother for this vigilante vinaigrette incident?

Fine by me, and he lucky this kid's mom ain't Carrie Underwood.

Country music women stay singing about how they'll fix you up proper for beaten they ass with a peace offering sippy cup you never wake up from.

And this is Texas?  Dodged a bullet, homie...

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Fine by me, and he lucky this kid's mom ain't Carrie Underwood.

Country music women stay singing about how they'll fix you up proper for beaten they ass with a peace offering sippy cup you never wake up from.

And this is Texas?  Dodged a bullet, homie...

That was Dixie Chicks.

Carrie Underwood destroyed her cheating boyfriend's truck.  (in the song)

(unless there's something new that I'm unaware of, which is possible)

• Thumb up 1

28 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

That was Dixie Chicks.

Carrie Underwood destroyed her cheating boyfriend's truck.  (in the song)

(unless there's something new that I'm unaware of, which is possible)

Church Bells : )

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Screw the district and police.  Good luck finding 12 jurors to convict.  Sounds like the bully got a taste of their own medicine.  Not even sure how local government and school don't have their own lawsuit.