Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

45 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The Eagles are going to sign 3-4 top-end FAs and we’re not and everybody is going to lose their damn mind.  

This post brought to you by next Tuesday. 

Eagles are going for the ring.  We obviously aren't close yet.  Different mindset.

But will see it should be interesting to see Peters work as to being a deal maker.  I have little doubt that he's a good evaluator.  But no one is a better deal maker than Howie Roseman.  Will see about Peters.

Listening to a lot of Keim this week in many forums, my takeaway is their strategy is something like this.  This is me extrapolating versus Keim laying any of these conclusions thick.

A.  Lets use FA to fill as many needs as possible, making it easier to go BPA in the draft

B. Edge, CB, Center, O line, LB in play in Fa, maybe more but those spots almost for sure

C. Not going for the top end of the market.  Medium level signings and some bargain basement, maybe higher end player but not top of the market.  Quantity to fill multiple holes

D.  Short term contracts mostly.  Keeping the cap clean in future years

E. Contracts might be front loaded.

Feels like the idea is they want to be competitive next season, but its not a go for the kill season.  They want to use this FA season to build a team that doesn't suck but also want plenty of cap for next season and the season after where they go for the kill.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The Eagles are going to sign 3-4 top-end FAs and we’re not and everybody is going to lose their damn mind.  

Making up situations so you can be mad about it sounds more like Tailgate behavior.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's about the $$$

41 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Eagles are going for the ring.  We obviously aren't close yet.  Different mindset.

But will see it should be interesting to see Peters work as to being a deal maker.  I have little doubt that he's a good evaluator.  But no one is a better deal maker than Howie Roseman.  Will see about Peters.

Listening to a lot of Keim this week in many forums, my takeaway is their strategy is something like this.  This is me extrapolating versus Keim laying any of these conclusions thick.

A.  Lets use FA to fill as many needs as possible, making it easier to go BPA in the draft

B. Edge, CB, Center, O line, LB in play in Fa, maybe more but those spots almost for sure

C. Not going for the top end of the market.  Medium level signings and some bargain basement, maybe higher end player but not top of the market.  Quantity to fill multiple holes

D.  Short term contracts mostly.  Keeping the cap clean in future years

E. Contracts might be front loaded.

Feels like the idea is they want to be competitive next season, but its not a go for the kill season.  They want to use this FA season to build a team that doesn't suck but also want plenty of cap for next season and the season after where they go for the kill.

Dallas was too and boom!  I hope to sit back and watch both of these team get blown out (hopefully) in the first round of the playoffs but they first have to make it as they should.  Howie can build a team but the coaching staff is important.  Did Philly do enough to fix the problems?  We shall see. 

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Simmons reconnecting with Fangio makes a ton of sense. Especially with that young group of Safeties they have. Simmons deserves to get a ring. He's incredible.

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

It's about the $$$

Not for guys turning 30, with stand out careers. 

11 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Making up situations so you can be mad about it sounds more like Tailgate behavior.

I’m not going to be mad about it.  But it’s predictable behavior.  I’m going to get a good chuckle outbid it though when they sign whoever and we’re not.  

They’re in a different spot roster wise.  They SHOULD be going for the ring.  We shouldn’t.  

I think both teams are probably going to do what they should do.  And a segment of our fan base is going to flip out.  

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Not for guys turning 30, with stand out careers. 

Denver has cap problems; Simmons wants big $$$ that he will not get, IMO.  He's good but I don't think he catches what he's fishing for.  

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m not going to be mad about it.  But it’s predictable behavior.  I’m going to get a good chuckle outbid it though when they sign whoever and we’re not.  

They’re in a different spot roster wise.  They SHOULD be going for the ring.  We shouldn’t.  

I think both teams are probably going to do what they should do.  And a segment of our fan base is going to flip out.  

You mean fringe posters are going to be extreme? Shocking. Other than the Barkley nonsense, I don't think I've seen anyone pounding the table for anyone that hard, let alone an elite player.

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Denver has cap problems; Simmons wants big $$$ that he will not get, IMO.  He's good but I don't think he catches what he's fishing for.  

I'm aware that Denver has cap problems and Simmons is a top 5 safety at worst. Of course he'll get big safety money. 

I'm curious as to how you are so confident in knowing Simmons mindset about priorities. Was there a tweet like Curls Dad has been posting or like Payne was posting about? 

Or are you making it up?

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

You mean fringe posters are going to be extreme? Shocking. Other than the Barkley nonsense, I don't think I've seen anyone pounding the table for anyone that hard, let alone an elite player.

Because it hasn't happened yet.  There will be lamenting on every signing when some other team gets a good player.

It happens in the daft also.  Every player the Eagles/Cowboys pick, it's "sky is falling doom."

Come on man, you've been her long enough.  You know how it gets.  And no, I'm not talking about you. But you know @KDawg and @Skinsinparadise are going to lose their mind every time a big name player is signed by a rival.  :P 

• Haha 1

Attn.

Do not post misogynistic or sexually themed content in this forum. A couple recent posts were removed from view. As stated in the forum description, the stadium is intended to be "family friendly" and some of us would like to avoid members having lapses in good judgement giving the new owners any reasons to wonder if they should keep the lights on.

A Sticky thread will be posted later on this.

So no more remarks about the physical appearance of players wives or gfs or moms. 🙄

Remember not that long ago when posting "Tony Homo" was considered funny by some morons? Same thing.

And no more horndog posts. Read rule 13.

Post on commanders football only. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Ghedrick said:

It's great that Howell has so much value. Even Keim believes they can get a third for him. I believe some teams may value him more than Fields because of his contract. 

I think we need Sam this year, to help bring the rookie QB along through competition and collaboration.

Plus we could get more for Howell next season.

If he's put in a few games to spell the rookie (e.g., big lead, or injury) and he exhibits flashes of brilliance in this offense - maybe win us a couple of game - his stock will rise. I just think it's a short-sighted move to let him go this season for what arguably could be chump change.

Edited by BurgundyBooger
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Because it hasn't happened yet.  There will be lamenting on every signing when some other team gets a good player.

It happens in the daft also.  Every player the Eagles/Cowboys pick, it's "sky is falling doom."

Come on man, you've been her long enough.  You know how it gets.  And no, I'm not talking about you. But you know @KDawg and @Skinsinparadise are going to lose their mind every time a big name player is signed by a rival.  :P 

I don’t care one bit who they sign. Like… at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So the Broncos are going to sell everything, trade everything, take the cap hits now and start building through multiple draft picks so they can have an entirely new, young, drafted team in 3 years in excellent cap position.

If this is where they’re headed, we probably need to be on the phone with them about Garett Bolles, who’s set to count $20M against the cap in a contract year. 

I’ve been racking my brain to come up with an answer at LT, because the FA options are awful and the immediate starters in the draft will likely be gone by 36. Bolles might be the guy. He certainly has the athleticism to fit with what Kingsbury will likely be looking to do.

28 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Am usually not too bad as for FA signings.  Had Ron's back for most of the tenure.  But when he did nothing in off season #4 which felt like its time to make a move -- he lost me for that among other reasons.

But almost no way I'll be upset with this coming FA crop.  I tend to give rope to new regimes and let their plan play out some before criticizing.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Players and people.  And these are 20 year olds.  They are going to be competing for playing time, if one screws up the other has to come in and it could be perceived they are taking the others job.  

It’s not ideal.  I can imagine it would be uncomfortable.  And it could put a strain on a very good friendship.

This is why you never work for your significant other.  And preferably don’t work with them.  Could it work? Yes.  Could it also be a disaster?  Yes, and more often.  

But Sam can’t really help a rookie learn the ropes because he’s still learning himself.  Which is why I’d prefer a guy who’s been around longer, has more experience, and can be a better “this is how it’s done” guy.

This is the exact opposite take of every great football underdog movie ever written. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think if they draft maye they have to trade Howell.

And I think they’re going to draft Maye.

Having best friends competing for a job is just not good juju. 
If they draft Daniels I think they’re going to want to have a backup QB with more experience.  So I think they’ll trade Howell.

I think there trading Howell no matter what, I guess is my point.  

Agree. Maye and Howell on the same team, with one backing up the other would be awkward, despite what either of them might say publicly.

If it's my team:

• We draft Drake Maye. Bigger player, stronger arm, moves well in the pocket, has run an offence with similar terminology as Kingsbury's and has a high ceiling at age 21 (vs. Daniels). But has iffy mechanics. So, we redshirt him for a year and sign...

•  ....Ryan Tannehill as a UFA to start for one year, mentor the kid and gradually turn the starting role over to him when ready.

• Sam Howell gets traded for a #4, which is about all we would get - and one round higher than his draft round.

Aaron Rodgers sat for three years, Kirk Cousins sat for nearly three years, Jordan Love sat for 3 years, Tony Romo sat for 2 years, Philip Rivers sat for 2 years, Tom Brady (!!!) sat for a year and a half, Pat Mahomes sat for a year, Drew Brees sat for a year, the list goes on.

Patience....

Edited by Stoox
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Jumbo said:

Attn.

Do not post misogynistic or sexually themed content in this forum. A couple recent posts were removed from view. As stated in the forum description, the stadium is intended to be "family friendly" and some of us would like to avoid members having lapses in good judgement giving the new owners any reasons to wonder if they should keep the lights on.

A Sticky thread will be posted later on this.

So no more remarks about the physical appearance of players wives or gfs or moms. 🙄

Remember not that long ago when posting "Tony Homo" was considered funny by some morons? Same thing.

And no more horndog posts. Read rule 13.

Post on commanders football only. 

Just about everything Jumbo says has weight with me (pun intended 😅 ), but I think the following excerpt is worth careful consideration, acknowledgement ,and awareness from the forum...

"...the stadium is intended to be "family friendly" and some of us would like to avoid members having lapses in good judgement from giving the new owners reasons to wonder if they should keep the lights on..."

This is a message and a reminder to all of us of the following:

That it is privlege, not a right, that we are able to share this place together, and that there is no certainty that this place will continue to remain here for us to do so.

We MUST not take this for granted.

MOST CRITICALLY-- It is up to us, as a joint community, to prove the worthiness of maintaining this place by  continuing to be civil to each other even while we make valuable and on occasion contentious arguments in the forum.

Disclaimer: I have not talked to Jumbo, any other moderator or any other poster about this. This was all independently prompted by my interpretation of what I thought was a critical subtext in Jumbo's post.

If I'm right, well we now know what we all need to do going forward.

If I am wrong,  please dismiss this as the wistfully opaque meanderings of a barely functional octogenarian mind. 🤪

CITR

XXXX

Edit:

On a very personal note:

This place has become an indispensable part of my daily life.

I've come to think of all of you in some ways as my extended family. 

Thank you all for allowing this old geezer to feel completely at home.

Keith

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 12
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

Whitt is looking for great tacklers and turnover machines. Stone from BAL fits the bill.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think they try and get Patrick Surtain II from Denver.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The Eagles have some serious in-house problems and a defense that is arguably worse than ours. They may sign some big names but they still have  chemistry and coaching issues to sort out. Losing Kelce and Fletcher Cox won't help them either. I won't mind if they get Barkley, he'll be injured sooner than later.

3 hours ago, justice98 said:

That's what bothered me about Samuel, he's allegedly one of the top couple fastest players on the team, if not THE fastest, but you never saw that on gameday.  Just no downfield or catch and run explosive threat whatsoever.

11.5 Mil a year to boot.  

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

The Eagles have some serious in-house problems and a defense that is arguably worse than ours. They may sign some big names but they still have  chemistry and coaching issues to sort out. Losing Kelce and Fletcher Cox won't help them either. I won't mind if they get Barkley, he'll be injured sooner than later.

What’s crazy is that last season (22-23) they were anointed the “best roster in football” with multiple 1st and 2nd round draft picks to keep stacking the roster.  They lost Gardner-Johnson and their defense fell apart… still not sure what happened, maybe losing the coordinators was too much to overcome.