Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

43 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Jax cut Zay Jones after drafting Brian Thomas.

Interestingly SF wanted a first rounder plus Zay Jones off Jax for Aiyuk. 

they also  cut Slye... apparently we are not the only ones who thought he sucks

• Like 1

On 4/28/2024 at 9:06 PM, Redskins 2021 said:

Gb OT will not sign here, probably a contender if at all ?

Humphries from AZ is injured but would fit well if healthy but got hurt [acl] on new years eve cant play till?

Peat from New Orleans is option?.He older 

Bring back Leno? I think he just had major surgery?

They have to do something? I just don't understand why this does not seem to be a priority? 

I agree....this is worst than what Ron did last year.  I thought for sure we were going to sign Mekhi Becton but we didn't entertain it at all.

I'm just not sure what we are going to do unless there are some seriously talented guys released or we trade for someone.  Not doing a great job of protecting Jayden right now.

• Thumb up 1

23 minutes ago, Dexter said:

I agree....this is worst than what Ron did last year.  I thought for sure we were going to sign Mekhi Becton but we didn't entertain it at all.

I'm just not sure what we are going to do unless there are some seriously talented guys released or we trade for someone.  Not doing a great job of protecting Jayden right now.

Let's not allow desperation for OL to make us start coveting players who suck. 

Becton sucks and has effort issues. He's not some prize.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Let's not allow desperation for OL to make us start coveting players who suck. 

Becton sucks and has effort issues. He's not some prize.

None of these players are particularly good but are probably better then what we have 

54 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

None of these players are particularly good but are probably better then what we have 

They're not going to bring a guy with work ethic issues into the locker room. Bad for culture.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dexter said:

Mekhi Becton is a sack allowing machine who is eating himself out of the league....He's not the kind of guy we want. 

• Like 1

wait, we're at 93 Players?  Then expect a couple cuts in the next few days.  90 is the limit. Ndubuisi might get an exemption as from the international thing, but we have to cut two even if he is.  Looking at the lists I'd expect from QB, CB  and/or DE

1 hour ago, MrJL said:

wait, we're at 93 Players?  Then expect a couple cuts in the next few days.  90 is the limit. Ndubuisi might get an exemption as from the international thing, but we have to cut two even if he is.  Looking at the lists I'd expect from QB, CB  and/or DE

Almost certainly a QB goes. You're realistically not taking 5 to camp. I feel Fromm is better than Driskel, but Driskel is more of a scrambler and was recently signed (though at zero guarantees) so maybe they lean that way. Either way, I doubt either is particularly long for the roster. Hartman would likely have to look awful not to sew up the 3rd QB spot.

I'd bump off one of the CBs to get to 91. Let's say D'Angelo Mandell?

5 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Almost certainly a QB goes. You're realistically not taking 5 to camp. I feel Fromm is better than Driskel, but Driskel is more of a scrambler and was recently signed (though at zero guarantees) so maybe they lean that way. Either way, I doubt either is particularly long for the roster. Hartman would likely have to look awful not to sew up the 3rd QB spot.

I'd bump off one of the CBs to get to 91. Let's say D'Angelo Mandell?

Please god let it be Dax Milne. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Jericho said:

Without knowing if Driskel or Fromm's have prior experience with the new scheme or the new coaching, I fully agree with your assessment. Talent wise they are both better than Hartman except in looks but he probably ends being QB3.  

7 hours ago, MrJL said:

Armani Rogers ahead of John Bates?

Well, Rogers injury last year was a major cause of the Commanders poor season :806:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Conn said:

That is not the story lol. I hate that I know this, but Zach Wilson had an affair with his own mom’s friend. Which caused his girlfriend in college to break up with him. That girl is who Dax Milne was dating (I do not know the present state of this relationship) 

You think you get to know people on these forums and then we find out Conn is addicted to TMZ. You just never know ...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 13
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I would guess our team and others will begin making some cuts within days of their earliest training session.  They will see the rookies and see which returning players are out of shape...  At this point some depth cuts and salary cap cuts should occur.

So, when are teams having their early practices?  When do we have the first rookie practices?

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, moondog said:

This is also not the story. Zach Wilson’s gf broke up with him because he was cheating (including his own mom’s friend). Dax is now dating Wilson’s ex, who by the way is a smokeshow. So Dax, in fact, is the hero of the story. And a winner lol

You just repeated what I said, we are in agreement on the story lol

10 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

edited

You may want to delete this, the new sticky from Jumbo specifies not to talk about the looks of player’s wives, girlfriends, etc. FYI. Trying to keep things family friendly. I tried to keep my commentary about the Dax Milne/Zach Wilson purely academic for that reason lol

Edited by Conn
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Conn said:

You just repeated what I said, we are in agreement on the story lol

You may want to delete this, the new

sticky from Jumbo specifies not to talk about the looks of player’s wives, girlfriends, etc. FYI. Trying to keep things family friendly. I tried to keep my commentary about the Dax Milne/Zach Wilson purely academic for that reason lol

Thank you. I just hid several posts and will be addressing the violations. There have been countless warnings given. Read all rules oriented sticky threads when you see them at the top of the forum and follow the directives per the forum rules as always.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Mekhi Becton is a sack allowing machine who is eating himself out of the league....He's not the kind of guy we want. 

eating himself out of the league.

First, I don't like him, and don't want him on my team, but I discovered something worth sharing.

After reading your post I went searching for a picture of Mekhi so I could see just how "oversized" he was.

What I actually found absolutely stunned me.

At one point Becton weighed well over 400 pounds and he would get winded walking up a flight of stairs...

image.thumb.png.e4ed19c3e4790d3ef479350d5d0cd41b.png

A huge factor in being overweight is pure genetics, combined with an early childhood environment with lax or non-existent attention to developing healthy lifelong nutritional eating patterns.

Growing up like that he really never had much of a chance to be at a healthy weight.

Besides he was a football player and I'll bet every coach he had from high school to college encouraged him to put on the pounds.

Here's a Pic of his dad who obviously is severely overweight as well. 

image.thumb.png.7b3bbfec07715fd02c3e61fcfed0e2ef.png

Why am I bringing all this up?

Because it appears that against all odds Mekhi has recently dedicated himself to changing his eating and exercise patterns, and as a result he's undergone a remarkable transformation...

image.png.be396bc665973ff166be7c71534a00e0.png

It's hard to believe that the man on the right once looked like the guy on the left, but it's true.

Hats off to Mekhi!

I wish him well and I hope the hard work he put into losing so  much weight, is representative of the effort he's going to put into his football career going forward.

I also hope that anyone out there reading this facing similar struggles finds within them the strength to immediately  begin changing their life for the better too.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 12

Posted (edited)

Is he switching to receiver?

How the hell is he gonna play tackle for the eagles?

Maybe the picture is just really deceiving. 

Edited by redskinss
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

Is he switching to receiver?

How the hell is he gonna play tackle for the eagles?

lol

I think the shirt is oversized a bit and the photo angle makes him appear smaller.

Here's another side by side showing him working out...

Hhimage.png.33fee39f1113d59d5cce8b5acd71a9fb.png

16 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

They're not going to bring a guy with work ethic issues into the locker room. Bad for culture.

I am ok  with passing on becton they has to be one semi decent LT they could sign

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

eating himself out of the league.

First, I don't like him, and don't want him on my team, but I discovered something worth sharing.

After reading your post I went searching for a picture of Mekhi so I could see just how "oversized" he was.

What I actually found absolutely stunned me.

At one point Becton weighed well over 400 pounds and he would get winded walking up a flight of stairs...

image.thumb.png.e4ed19c3e4790d3ef479350d5d0cd41b.png

A huge factor in being overweight is pure genetics, combined with an early childhood environment with lax or non-existent attention to developing healthy lifelong nutritional eating patterns.

Growing up like that he really never had much of a chance to be at a healthy weight.

Besides he was a football player and I'll bet every coach he had from high school to college encouraged him to put on the pounds.

Here's a Pic of his dad who obviously is severely overweight as well. 

image.thumb.png.7b3bbfec07715fd02c3e61fcfed0e2ef.png

Why am I bringing all this up?

Because it appears that against all odds Mekhi has recently dedicated himself to changing his eating and exercise patterns, and as a result he's undergone a remarkable transformation...

image.png.be396bc665973ff166be7c71534a00e0.png

It's hard to believe that the man on the right once looked like the guy on the left, but it's true.

Hats off to Mekhi!

I wish him well and I hope the hard work he put into losing so  much weight, is representative of the effort he's going to put into his football career going forward.

I also hope that anyone out there reading this facing similar struggles finds within them the strength to immediately  begin changing their life for the better too.

Holy moly. I would say that his dad looks like former pro wrestler " worlds strongest man " Mark Henry but he looks like he ate Mark! Yikes!!!

Posted (edited)

I know I'm the one who brought it up, but it suddenly occurred to me, we might not need to make the cuts immediately.  Got to sign a contract to be on the roster, and the draft picks haven't signed contracts yet

Edited by MrJL
  • Thumb up 1

This LT search is starting to remind me a bit of the 2019 offseason when we brought Donald Penn in at the end of July. Perhaps it ends up taking that long to bring in a veteran who wants to avoid a chunk, if not all of training camp