Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

1 minute ago, Buddha said:

I'm really interested to see if Braeden Daniels packed on muscle weight this past year while on IR.  297 won't cut it as an NFL lineman but I'd be intrigued if he got up to 315-325.

He still has little arms. I'd be shocked if he makes the practice squad, because frankly, there are going to be UDFA that are better options.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Bobby ****ing Wagner talking about coming here, because of London Fletcher was awesome. 

I can't believe we signed him. Wagner, Luvu and Davis, with Chinn crashing down? That's just unreal amount of pressure we can bring from the second level. 

And he's a field general and coach. What a huge addition.  

During Whitt’s press conference, he mentioned separating young guys from vets because he likes to give them a chance to ask questions they might hesitate to ask with the vets around.  At the time I remember thinking it made a lot of sense, but also a part of me was like - you’re a rookie, of course you’re gonna have questions.  Coaches should just tell them to not feel any way about asking those questions…

And then we added Bobby ******* Wagner.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Maybe a Garrett Bolles trade is a possibility? Was mentioned earlier in this thread (not by a reporter). Denver needs draft ammo to move up for a QB. Not sure what Bolles would fetch in compensation?

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Kalu44 said:

Maybe a Garrett Bolles trade is a possibility? Was mentioned earlier in this thread (not by a reporter). Denver needs draft ammo to move up for a QB. Not sure what Bolles would fetch in compensation?

Makes a ton of sense for both sides, assuming Denver approached him about an extension and he isn’t interested. He has a big cap hit.

I would definitely check in with Denver. If they are amenable to a trade then we could reach out and try and figure out an extension for him with his agent.

I would probably trade a 5th or 6th rounder or some sort of pick swap. I actually thought we might trade Howell there.

1 hour ago, skinsmania123 said:

How much did you watch the Bears personally last year?  I do not know what the Bears are doing. I sure don't. But if you look at their roster and what they have done in this FA, they should have done that for Fields. That is my main point. 

I watched him a ton because he was my dynasty QB, and I thought he sucked. It’s not just about his weapons, he has no idea what he’s looking at and even his drop in the pocket is slow and out of rhythm after three years. He’s broken and has regressed. Someone might be able to fix it but you don’t choose to do that with a blue chip prospect staring you in the face, not when the inherent value of Fields’ rookie contract is already gone. 

They made the puzzling choice of retaining their current HC because they want to see what he can do with a different QB, not because they’re interested in running back that same combo with a better roster.

Has seemed clear since at least Dec that this would happen (taking Caleb Williams and getting off the Justin Fields ride). 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

During Whitt’s press conference, he mentioned separating young guys from vets because he likes to give them a chance to ask questions they might hesitate to ask with the vets around.  At the time I remember thinking it made a lot of sense, but also a part of me was like - you’re a rookie, of course you’re gonna have questions.  Coaches should just tell them to not feel any way about asking those questions…

And then we added Bobby ******* Wagner.

People in general don’t like being seen as “not knowing.”  It’s one of the dumbest things to me.  If you don’t know, say you don’t, then learning can begin, as opposed to silent ignorance.  

Some of my greatest lessons came from admitting I didn’t know.  But that’s the value of true leadership in the locker room. A leader like Wagner will naturally attract guys to learn and be better, I expect he will demand accountability not only thru action, but be vocal about it.  My best mentors are like that, helped me reach levels I didn’t know possible.  I’m really excited for my boys!

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

I have started to come around to the Mariota signing a little bit. Especially after his presser. He came across as resigned to the fact that he was brought in to mentor a young guy. And seems ready to embrace that roll. He can also win you a game or two if necessary. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Jets signing Smith is really good for our draft I think. Makes a tackle fall a little further. 

Maybe but they could be in a position where they want a vet (Smith) and then draft a rookie LT with their 1st round pick.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

48 minutes ago, Conn said:

I watched him a ton because he was my dynasty QB, and I thought he sucked. It’s not just about his weapons, he has no idea what he’s looking at and even his drop in the pocket is slow and out of rhythm after three years. He’s broken and has regressed. Someone might be able to fix it but you don’t choose to do that with a blue chip prospect staring you in the face, not when the inherent value of Fields’ rookie contract is already gone. 

They made the puzzling choice of retaining their current HC because they want to see what he can do with a different QB, not because they’re interested in running back that same combo with a better roster.

Has seemed clear since at least Dec that this would happen (taking Caleb Williams and getting off the Justin Fields ride). 

Okay so we both watched him a ton. I know what I saw, just like you, and what struck me, in particular, was the fact that his receivers, with the exception of DJ Moore, could not get open.   

And here they are in FA loading up skill- players like Allen.  And like I said, I have no idea what they are going to do, but I do not know he is not as bad as you are making him out to be. 

15 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Okay so we both watched him a ton. I know what I saw, just like you, and what struck me, in particular, was the fact that his receivers, with the exception of DJ Moore, could not get open.   

And here they are in FA loading up skill- players like Allen.  And like I said, I have no idea what they are going to do, but I do not know he is not as bad as you are making him out to be. 

Okay. I’m glad you like him. He has some arm talent and is a great runner, but he has no idea what he’s doing as a passer and hasn’t developed. Again, he can’t even drop back correctly after three years because he’s too focused trying to figure out what the defense is doing. Because he has no idea pre-snap he has to try to figure it out post-snap, and it slows everything down.

The NFL likely agrees with me or he would’ve been traded already for compensation better than we got for Howell, but we’ll see. It could be a misread on my part. But I don’t think so, I’ve seen a lot of bad QB play as a fan of this team. It’s an area we should all be experts in. 

I say this as someone who wanted him extremely badly that year he was coming out. I wanted to trade up. I traded FOR him in my dynasty league because I believed in him developing just a year ago. He’s broken.

They're accumulating weapons for Caleb Williams because they want to keep their jobs and develop a QB properly this time. A better prospect, but they still need to get it right after Fields was ruined. Because you’re right, he didn’t have enough help. But it doesn’t matter now. They’ll have their next attempt at a franchise guy on a rookie contract, and are loading up around him. They aren’t taking on ridiculous contracts like Keenan Allen’s so they can also pick up Field’s unearned and expensive 5th year option. He’s gone.

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

I do not know he is not as bad as you are making him out to be. 

He is bad. The guy has never thrown 20 TD's or played every game in a season. The fact he has not been moved yet tells you what the league thinks about him. 

10 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Maybe but they could be in a position where they want a vet (Smith) and then draft a rookie LT with their 1st round pick.  

That could be smart from a medium-long term roster building mindset, but they are all in for the next 1-2 years.  If they can fill LT by signing Smith and fill another position with their 1st round pick, they will probably go that route instead of doubling up on LT.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

That could be smart from a medium-long term roster building mindset, but they are all in for the next 1-2 years.  If they can fill LT by signing Smith and fill another position with their 1st round pick, they will probably go that route instead of doubling up on LT.

well, unless we're talking Donovan Smith that's not happening

36 minutes ago, Lovi said:

Eh if that’s what it took I’m not sure. That plus a big contract is a lot to swallow for this team right now, and we don’t know anything about the guy or how he wouldn’t fit on the team (lack of familiarity with coaches, etc. true mercenary). It’s a good trade for the Colts where they are but I’m not sure I would have loved it if we made that same move and big extension.

If browns need cap space, I’d gladly send a pick and take on that Denzel Ward contract. We need elite corner play for someone going against the AJ Browns of the world 

and still pushing for Xavien…

Edited by SemperFi Skins
  • Like 2

Again, tying to connect dots.  We have D coaches here from Green Bay.  David Bakhtiari has been oft injured but like Smith would be the best available LT signing on a 1 year based incentive deal.  Does he fit the Kliff K. scheme of LTs we are looking for?  Something to maybe keep in mind.  :)  

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Again, tying to connect dots.  We have D coaches here from Green Bay.  David Bakhtiari has been oft injured but like Smith would be the best available LT signing on a 1 year based incentive deal.  Does he fit the Kliff K. scheme of LTs we are looking for?  Something to maybe keep in mind.  :)  

I think he is done physically. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1