Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

Just now, KDawg said:

I think it’s a foregone conclusion…

But whether that happens or not won’t affect the Bears decision. They’re going QB, and it’s likely Williams. 

you know everyone is so sure about this but anything is possible. the bears do seem to value fields more than the rest of the nfl. we shall see

• Like 1

Cupboard really is bear on tackles.

According to the website, listed offensive line on the Roster are:

Alex Akingbula - T

Mason Brooks - OL

Sam Cosmi - G/T

Julian Good-Jones - G

Chris Paul - G

Andrew Wylie - G/T

Braeden Daniels - OL

Ricky Stromberg - C

New signings not listed:

Nick Allegretti - G

Tyler Biadasz - C

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Redwolves92 said:

you know everyone is so sure about this but anything is possible. the bears do seem to value fields more than the rest of the nfl. we shall see

Totally agree, so many ppl chiming in on fields and yet they still haven’t dealt him… hmm why? It’s highly reported the Eagles asked before dealing for Pickett…. Remember the Bears only have 5 total picks at this time, they’re trading out of the #1 and getting a boat load for it… put it in the books… unless someone with a way over the top deal for Fields comes along before or during the draft he’s a Bear in 2024….

Edited by Command The 414
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

Totally agree, so many ppl chiming in on fields and yet they still haven’t dealt him… hmm why? It’s highly reported the Eagles asked before dealing for Pickett…. Remember the Bears only have 5 total picks at this time, they’re trading out of the #1 and getting a boat load for it… put it in the books… unless someone with a way over the top deal for Fields he’s a Bear on 2024….

one of those picks is the 9th overall pick.  They could get several for it.

List of 2nd/3rd tier offensive tackles who are FA's - (Lucas didn't make this list)

14. Duane Brown, OT, Jets. Age: 39. star.gif halfstar.gif
15. Billy Turner, OT, Jets. Age: 32. star.gif halfstar.gif
16. Oli Udoh, OT, Vikings. Age: 27. star.gif halfstar.gif
17. Cameron Fleming, OT, Broncos. Age: 31. star.gif halfstar.gif
18. Brandon Parker, OT, Raiders. Age: 28. star.gif halfstar.gif
19. Kendall Lamm, OT, Dolphins. Age: 32. star.gif halfstar.gif
20. Michael Dunn, OT, Browns. Age: 30. star.gif halfstar.gif
21. Chuma Edoga, OT, Cowboys. Age: 27. star.gif halfstar.gif
22. Yosh Nijman, OT, Packers. Age: 28. star.gif halfstar.gif
23. Josh Jones, OT, Texans. Age: 27. star.gif halfstar.gif
24. Charlie Heck, OT, Texans. Age: 27. star.gif halfstar.gif
25. Matt Nelson, OT, Lions. Age: 28. star.gif halfstar.gif
26. Matt Pryor, OT, 49ers. Age: 29. star.gif halfstar.gif — Signed with Bears (1 year)
27. Matt Peart, OT, Giants. Age: 27. star.gif
28. Cameron Erving, OT, Saints. Age: 32. star.gif
29. Justin Skule, OT, Buccaneers. Age: 27. star.gif

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Cupboard really is bear on tackles.

According to the website, listed offensive line on the Roster are:

Alex Akingbula - T

Mason Brooks - OL

Sam Cosmi - G/T

Julian Good-Jones - G

Chris Paul - G

Andrew Wylie - G/T

Braeden Daniels - OL

Ricky Stromberg - C

New signings not listed:

Nick Allegretti - G

Tyler Biadasz - C

Extremely bare, HigSkin.  I know that Peters and Co. have a plan.  What it is we don't know yet but with little available LTs on the FA market maybe they are trying to drive their price up, but the draft has some good ones and it seems like that's the route we will take.  Still, I'd like to see us get a vet.  We don't know what a rook will do.  Leno on a lesser deal might be the best we can do at this time.  We shall see but here is what Spotrac has listed:

image.png.b6fcd2e3f3fde474bc892cf3922972b1.png

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Extremely bare, HigSkin.  I know that Peters and Co. have a plan.  What it is we don't know yet but with little available LTs on the FA market maybe they are trying to drive their price up, but the draft has some good ones and it seems like that's the route we will take.  Still, I'd like to see us get a vet.  We don't know what a rook will do.  Leno on a lesser deal might be the best we can do at this time.  We shall see but here is what Spotrac has listed:

image.png.b6fcd2e3f3fde474bc892cf3922972b1.png

It's a cluster for sure.  Hard to see them starting 2 rookie tackles with a rookie QB.

Keim said the other day on a podcast he wasn't sure how interested they were in resigning Lucas so there's a possibility he doesn't fit what they want.

Wish something would happen!  LOL

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Love the hoodie repping Howard U. Nice small touch to ingratiate himself to the DMV area. Can't wait to see this guy on the field, have always admired his game and leadership.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

I'm missing something... Pickett doesn't want to be Wilson's backup for a year so he chooses to be a backup somewhere else that is tied to their starter for several years? What's the logic there?

I think he just wanted a fresh start period he was done in PIT

2 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

Love the hoodie repping Howard U. Nice small touch to ingratiate himself to the DMV area.

He’s repping them because he’s an actual student there for an MBA program. Started as online courses, but said it changes things now that he’s actually living here. 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

It's a cluster for sure.  Hard to see them starting 2 rookie tackles with a rookie QB.

Keim said the other day on a podcast he wasn't sure how interested they were in resigning Lucas so there's a possibility he doesn't fit what they want.

Wish something would happen!  LOL

Well, if Keim said it then he'd be in the know.  Josh Jones maybe. I really don't know but we will sign a LT vet, I would think.  We may wait for another cut to occur too.  Slim but possible.  One thing we do know is Peters and Co. know what they are doing.  I'm happy to ride. :)  

1 minute ago, bwattsup said:

He’s repping them because he’s an actual student there for an MBA program. Started as online courses, but said it changes things now that he’s actually living here. 

Coach might get another year out of him after this one. :)  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Coach might get another year out of him after this one. :)  

Indeed. He said it was an 18 month program. Extra year here certainly seems like a possibility. 

1 hour ago, Die Hard said:

1-year for up to $20M.

Too rich for me. I’d be out on that.

Long respect, but don't understand this at all. If they have any intention of starting a rookie a QB, the plan so far feels like a disaster.  I'd do pretty much anything to give short term protection to the rookie instead of working on the defense or anything else.  The rookie QB is what matters, that's it and that's all.  If there isn't a definitive plan to cure the o-line, this feels like Ron is in control.  I don't like it at all. Would have much rather overpaid for a mid talent like Jonah Williams to help, he got a very palatable 2 year deal as it is with Arizona. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Command The 414 said:

Remember the Bears only have 5 total picks at this time

I think they've actually only got 4 picks now, after sending 4-110 to Chargers for Allen. So after pick #9, they've got only 2 picks (3-75, 4-122) the rest of the draft. Have to think *at least* one of those first two picks is getting traded for more slots in this talent-rich draft.

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Whiskeypeet said:

Long respect, but don't understand this at all. If they have any intention of starting a rookie a QB, the plan so far feels like a disaster.  I'd do pretty much anything to give short term protection to the rookie instead of working on the defense or anything else.  The rookie QB is what matters, that's it and that's all.  If there isn't a definitive plan to cure the o-line, this feels like Ron is in control.  I don't like it at all. Would have much rather overpaid for a mid talent like Jonah Williams to help, he got a very palatable 2 year deal as it is with Arizona. 

I don’t disagree with anything you’ve said. 🙂 I also don’t think it’s Smith or bust. It’s still very early… I’m sure there are other viable options. Peters has earned some leash…. so I’m prepared to wait until June mini-camps before I freak out 😂

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

I don’t disagree with anything you’ve said. 🙂 I also don’t think it’s Smith or bust. It’s still very early… I’m sure there are other viable options. Peters has earned some leash…. so I’m prepared to wait until June mini-camps before I freak out 😂

Well, we see it the same way.  I don't hate the FO's efforts to improve the team, but I'm skeptical the additions will actually mean anything in the long term and very concerned we haven't staged the rook for success.  For what its worth, can't understand why we shouldn't overpay for Smith to protect the rook.  The draft capital is there to maybe get some guys, but why risk it?  Even if we can get the LT/RT latent in the second, let them sit or play them when Smith gets hurt.  Make him an offer he cant refuse, we have the cap.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

I think they've actually only got 4 picks now, after sending 4-110 to Chargers for Allen. So after pick #9, they've got only 2 picks (3-75, 4-122) the rest of the draft. Have to think *at least* one of those first two picks is getting traded for more slots in this talent-rich draft.

While the 9th will garner them some more picks I still think Poles has pulled the biggest acting job around w/this entire Fields trade stuff / Caleb Williams #1…. if the Steelers don’t trade for Fields here in the next few days (and I don’t know their draft pick situation) Poles is dealing that #1 and stock piling picks for this yr and next and keeping fields and more then likely drafting a QB like Rattler or someone like that in the later rounds…. I think Fields is their guy…. 

• Thumb up 1

13 hours ago, Yng Lady88 said:

Love the hoodie repping Howard U. Nice small touch to ingratiate himself to the DMV area. Can't wait to see this guy on the field, have always admired his game and leadership.

Yes mammm, the REAL HU.........he said in the conference that he was taking some classes online at Howard. And now that he's here, he probably will be taking some classes in person.....LOVE this dude. In a perfect world he will be here passed this season and retires with this organization.

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

While the 9th will garner them some more picks I still think Poles has pulled the biggest acting job around w/this entire Fields trade stuff / Caleb Williams #1…. if the Steelers don’t trade for Fields here in the next few days (and I don’t know their draft pick situation) Poles is dealing that #1 and stock piling picks for this yr and next and keeping fields and more then likely drafting a QB like Rattler or someone like that in the later rounds…. I think Fields is their guy…. 

I think you, me, and maybe @Est.1974 are the only people on here that actually believe this

Edited by WashingtonRedWolves

1 hour ago, bwattsup said:

Really? Oh that's an awesome scoop, I had no idea! That would cool as hell for the school and student body if he was able to manage some on-campus classes. Could maybe present an opportunity to do some sort of collab between the team and school (just throwing stuff out there). Either way, love he's taking that next step for post-career, especially at a local HBCU. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Whiskeypeet said:

I agree, if they haven’t fixed the historically bad OL in the first 3 days of FA, the plan is doomed 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6