Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

Well, I believe the CB from Saints ends up signing (Isaac Yiadom).  Full trust in what this organization is doing.  We can rest easy their plan is a masterpiece and the rest of the NFL is watching it being painted.  Just wait for the draft! Wow!  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

The hold over players from 2023 are going to be out numbered. It’s a complete take-over.
Is there a restriction on characters in a thread title ? :rofl89:

There is as a matter of fact! The Pittman signing finally got me to strike all the outgoing names (it was technically inconsistent in that I listed Cuts who became UFAs but not other UFAs unless they’d signed somewhere).

Fact is our outgoing guys are a bunch of scrubs. Nick Gates doesn’t deserve his name in our thread title.

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6
  • Thumb up 1

So, we can look at the past 4 years under RR ( I’d rather not). But the most glaring weakness is that this roster was worse than we as fans actually wanted to believe. Only one of our free agents signed with another team. I feel sorry for the teams that lost to us during this time. As a fan since the early 70’s I can truly say that I am more excited about this team than ever before, but that’s tempered because of the last 26 years. This was a complete eye-opening experience for a team that I have ever seen in any sport. I was one that wanted Johnson and was underwhelmed when we hired DQ. However, how many of these coaches and players would have come here for an inexperienced new head coach. I am starting to believe that if we hired any other coach this transformation wouldn’t have happened. The winds are changing in DC and hopefully we get back to where we were as a proud franchise where people and players want to come to play and win.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

WASHINGTON COMMANDERS

Armstrong is a proven perfect fit with new Commanders head coach Dan Quinn, who immediately helped him take his game to new heights upon arriving in Dallas three years ago. Washington could still stand to make another move at edge rusher, with Armstrong more a rotational piece than a top guy, but linebacker Frankie Luvu also adds another pass rush element.

Ekeler brings the pass-catching element to Washington, which lost Antonio Gibson in free agency to the New England Patriots. Ekeler’s pairing with Brian Robinson is a perfect complement of skills in the backfield.

The Washington Commanders join the New England Patriots as a team picking in the top three of the draft that probably doesn’t want a young player backing up a top draft pick, with Jacoby Brissett and Mariota now serving as bridges to the future. Mariota was the No. 2 overall pick back in 2015 and can now mentor the No. 2 pick in 2024. In addition, his athleticism and mobility, paired with a big arm, is the profile of quarterback Kliff Kingsbury likes to work with.

PFF FREE AGENCY GRADE: A

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-free-agency-grades-all-32-teams

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, veteranskinsfan said:

If you are Curl's agent and you have no decent offers on the table would you circle back to contact Peter's?  Or wait until later to see if

a starter gets injured in preseason on a team who has a lot of money left to spend?

Definitely give Peters a call, I would want to be a part of this thing that they're building here.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, AZDave said:

However, how many of these coaches and players would have come here for an inexperienced new head coach. I am starting to believe that if we hired any other coach this transformation wouldn’t have happened. The winds are changing in DC and hopefully we get back to where we were as a proud franchise where people and players want to come to play and win.

Yeah, I definitely think it would have been tempered. 

The fact that so many free agents want to come here....brings a tear to my eye. You know, a thug tear. But a tear nonetheless.

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

There is as a matter of fact! The Pittman signing finally got me to strike all the outgoing names (it was technically inconsistent in that I listed Cuts who became UFAs but not other UFAs unless they’d signed somewhere).

Fact is our outgoing guys are a bunch of scrubs. Nick Gates doesn’t deserve his name in our thread title.

You’re doing a great job.👍

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Definitely give Peters a call, I would want to be a part of this thing that they're building here.

I’d say both Curl and Curtis Samuel are worth considering…..but only on team friendly deals. No way would I overpay. Less interested in a Fuller return. Lucas as swing tackle would be an option for me.

2 minutes ago, oraphus said:

Loos like we are signing Pittman as well.. does this spell the end for Davis?

Davis getting shipped out for a mid/late round pick wouldn’t surprise me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gotta remember we will have like 90 players when camp opens.

52 once cuts happen.

Stuff isn't zero sum and we will need backups and special teamers.  Moves now do not necessarily foreshadow moves later, gotta wait for the cuts to be sure.

Simmons must be asking for a bag... Kinda shocked he is still sitting out there.

At the same time, it's nice to have a competent staff in place that won't overpay or swing too hard for one player.

• Like 4

I'll be the first to say I dont give a rats ass if Curl goes. Maybe a 1 year prove it to stay.. the days of the high ticket contracts F that we need flexibilty right now to find fits on our new D. Curl was a large part of our pathetic defense (had to share SOME blame) and if we are cleaning house there is no need to pay top dollar to someone who likely had their development stunted or regressed.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 3