Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

29 minutes ago, Conn said:

Every team can do it, there is no competitive imbalance other than the one that already (and always) existed—that being, whether you have leadership smart enough to use all the tools in your tool belt to build a roster and win.

You will be glad for these rules if we hit on our franchise QB pick and need to extend our window when it’s time to pay him. It’ll be our turn in the sun eventually, wanting to stack the roster and having to get creative to do it. 

Where they will do a medical and go screaming, running for the hills 

At least it’s not as bad as baseball, ohtani pushed his first paycheck all the way back to the end of the deal. 

What I don’t like is that teams are allowed to push the money into void years that are not even part of the contract per se, but when we try to push it forward during an active part of a contract we get penalized.

For the teams with young QBs that are truly superstars that they know will want to keep, this does give them a competitive advantage. Most teams don’t have the qb that would make a major void year deal viable, which makes it unfair. It’s not like the Patrick Mahomes and Jalen Hurtz’s of the world grow on trees. It puts the teams with aging QBs, and or bad QBs at a disadvantage, especially with the cap continuously rising. It’s an unfair way to keep talent around superstar QBs in a league that’s supposed to value parody. 

Went from having just Payne, Allen, Davis in the front 7 to holy cow this is the best front 7 we have had in decades. This is just unreal. And we still have more money then most other teams had to start free agency. Mind is blown.

• Like 6

So don’t get me wrong I’m loving these signings. But what’s the deal with signing the older guys on 1 year deals when we are most likely several years from competing. Unless they are hoping we pull a Texans 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SkinsFanRob said:

So don’t get me wrong I’m loving these signings. But what’s the deal with signing the older guys on 1 year deals when we are most likely several years from competing. Unless they are hoping we pull a Texans 

Adjust your calendar. 

• Like 2