Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

1 hour ago, bird_1972 said:

The OL market is thin - I'm hoping if we make a move on day 1 or 2 of FA, that's where we focus

Yeah, I'd feel a whole lot better about any rookie qb we get if we get at least two and hopefully 3 solid o-line starters before the draft.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Going to be interesting seeing the board freak out over how little activity from us in the first push of free agency.

Not me, think that's the way to go this year. Maybe a few trades down the road and work the draft.

3 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Yeah, I'd feel a whole lot better about any rookie qb we get if we get at least two and hopefully 3 solid online starters before the draft.

Realistically, I'm just hoping for one starter. Assume we take 1-2 in the draft. 

But yeah, ideally we sign two in FA (center and tackle).

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I wonder if Mitch Morse is a target. Played for Johnson. I'd really like to see us sign 2 OTs and draft a Center, but I understand why that's an important spot to have a vet.

Agreed. I think Center is the most important FA target this off-season. 100% need a Vet. Would prefer one of the big 3 (Cush, Biad, or Morse). We have the money, don’t cheap out on this vital position. 

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I would be kind of shocked with any day one bidding war type of players. I think it'll be a lot of "lunch pale" types, but damn do I want a stud at LBer and Safety.

I think it’s going to take a couple weeks, but I think it’s going to be a lot of players.  

I think there might be one or two bigger names at key positions.  Who? Not sure.  But if I had to bet I think they spend reasonable money on an edge rusher. 

1 hour ago, bird_1972 said:

The OL market is thin - I'm hoping if we make a move on day 1 or 2 of FA, that's where we focus

I think we’re going to throw numbers at it.  Sign a bunch of players who could be good and let them compete.  And draft a couple also.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think we’re going to throw numbers at it.  Sign a bunch of players who could be good and let them compete.  And draft a couple also.  

Probably not a bad strategy given how depleted the talent is at that position group. 

My only concern is that there might just not be enough talent on the market to sign a bunch of players. 

We may be left with the draft to make the numbers.

9 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

We've done this in past years and it never seemed to bare any real fruit...

I guess the hope this time around is that we have real chefs and not short order cooks doing the cooking

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

I can't wait to not see Barkleys name mentioned around here, until we play against whatever team he goes to.

Eagles?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bird_1972 said:

I guess the hope this time around is that we have real chefs and not short order cooks doing the cooking

Eagles?

Zero chance. I'm surprised they're not keeping Swift. Cost probably. They need more heavy duty RBs though, to take some punishment away from Hurts before they break him.

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Zero chance. I'm surprised they're not keeping Swift. Cost probably. They need more heavy duty RBs though, to take some punishment away from Hurts before they break him.

You don't think Barkley fits the bill? 

Agree with you that I don't know why they aren't resigning Swift. He was really good for them last year.

2 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

You don't think Barkley fits the bill? 

Agree with you that I don't know why they aren't resigning Swift. He was really good for them last year.

Eagles seem like a team that spends on RB? Howie is too smart for that.

44 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think it’s going to take a couple weeks, but I think it’s going to be a lot of players.  

I think there might be one or two bigger names at key positions.  Who? Not sure.  But if I had to bet I think they spend reasonable money on an edge rusher. 

We almost have to get one of the safety's and a center at a minimum. I'd expect an offensive tackle to, even if we re-sign Leno. 

2 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Nah there’s no need to freak out, we have better people running the show now. 

I speak on behalf of all MODs when I say I appreciate the vote of confidence!

27 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

You can get a guy who gives you what Swift gives you in the 4th round on a rookie deal. 

Teams just don’t want to give backs that second contract at much more than vet min. It will be interesting to see what market Barkley has. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Losing Cox and Kelsey in one offseason. That’s a lot of leadership walking out of the locker room. 

Eagles are going through a very quiet rebuild, so this isn't a surprise. They're shopping Reddick and Sweat too.

8 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I speak on behalf of all MODs when I say I appreciate the vote of confidence!

You can get a guy who gives you what Swift gives you in the 4th round on a rookie deal. 

Teams just don’t want to give backs that second contract at much more than vet min. It will be interesting to see what market Barkley has. 

Swift is a Philly kid and played in that stadium as a kid. Figured he'd want to stay, but this is his only shot at a big money deal. Wouldn't shock me to see him back wiuth them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DWinzit said:

I want a lot of shinny new toys. Here's a couple I'm pounding the table for

Edge - Bruce Smith

CB - Deion Sanders

S - Adam Archuleta

LB - Jeremiah Trotter

QB - Jeff George

WR - Brandon Lloyd

Seriously, bring in a C, another OL who can play T, an edge, another rotational DL, a LB and at least one DB. They don't need to be stars, they just need to be able to play well, fit the teams schemes and and not be DB's....and that's not Defensive Back. Get the ball rolling before the draft to ease the need burden and not force us to pick for need like the past few years

The moves you want are most likely what they will do.  Also in your 1st joke we could draft Trotter Jr this year and Sanders next year lol. 

• Like 1

Eagles have $14M of dead cap on Cox’s contract to deal with. Jason Kelce has $25M of dead cap.

Kicking the can down the road will bounce back in your face if you kick it into a wall.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2