Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs. The Cowboys - The One Where...oh nvm.. **** DALLAS!!!

zCommander

Just now, FuriousD said:

Curious why Rivera had his team in their whites today? Did he feel like this would be a home game for Dalarse?

It's tradition to make Dallas wear their blue jerseys, which was supposed to be bad luck for them.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FuriousD said:

For real? I’ve never heard of that before.. 

Yea, back in the 70's/80's the Blue uniforms were considered bad luck. Their win percentage was noticeably lower in blue. The Redskins and Eagles, I guess, kind of made it a tradition to force the Cowboys to wear their "unlucky" blues when they could, and just haven't stopped. It also is an excuse to wear whites at home 1 game/year.

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

Well Dallas won't be one and done this time. They'll be playing the Packers at home ☹️

Rodgers beat the Cowboys in Dallas in 2016. Him not being behind center is the thing that'll make the Cowboys lives easier

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just noticed those painted fingernails on Williams.....I'm starting to feel a lot differently about him.  I didn't realize he has been doing this for years.

I'm all in on Marvin Harrison Jr.....that #2 pick needs to be diva free.  We got burned with Chase and RG3.

7 minutes ago, echosams said:

Yea, back in the 70's/80's the Blue uniforms were considered bad luck. Their win percentage was noticeably lower in blue. The Redskins and Eagles, I guess, kind of made it a tradition to force the Cowboys to wear their "unlucky" blues when they could, and just haven't stopped. It also is an excuse to wear whites at home 1 game/year.

I don't think we made them wear blue when Allen was here. When Gibbs came we started wearing white at home, no matter who the opponent

4 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Just noticed those painted fingernails on Williams.....I'm starting to feel a lot differently about him.  I didn't realize he has been doing this for years.

I'm all in on Marvin Harrison Jr.....that #2 pick needs to be diva free.  We got burned with Chase and RG3.

Very weird thing to care about FYI 

Especially if you just learned he’s done it for a long time. 

I’m 34. I remember when I was a kid idiots on ESPN would argue that owners don’t want franchise QB’s with sleeve tattoos or neck tattoos. Talking about old white guy owners not wanting Cam Newton to be the face of their franchise—but not realizing that it said something about the owners, not Cam.

It’s his ****ing fingernails and his mother is a nail technician. If anything him not giving a **** makes him even more of an alpha. 

Can’t believe we’re going to have to read these takes for months now.

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Rodgers beat the Cowboys in Dallas in 2016. Him not being behind center is the thing that'll make the Cowboys lives easier

Jordan Love has been impressive lately so maybe he can help pull it off. That would be so  funny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

He also said, "I'm looking forward to it."

We all are, Ron. Trust us.

Who wouldn't look forward to getting paid for a year and doing nothing? Especially at his age and health condition.

Of course he's excited about the future.

2 hours ago, Dexter said:

nails schmales.  Now a Diva is not what I'd want Ala RG3 or Chase building their own logo/brands before even playing their first NFL game.

But nails is not a concern.  Hell in 2012 (I think) I took my fav to a resort in Cancun and the day of the Skins vs Boyz game I took my young daughters to the spa for a mani/pedi.  I said **** it (all day boozin' helped) and got a pedi (I'll stand by this as winning off the field for any man for the massaging/pampering of what we never take care of lol) and had the person paint my toenails alternating burgundy and gold.  Went to the sports bar with my fifth of rum and watched RG3 beat the Cowboys with my fam and other Skins fans and take us to the playoffs.  What a glorious day and all the Skins fans there thought the nails were funny.   Life is short....who gives a **** what others think if it's something harmless.  Hell Penn Jillette has a couple of black fingernails, doesn't make him Marilyn Manson.  If you can ball you can ball!

Sorry for the soapboxing, just found your take funny as to why or why not draft a dude....might say more about you than him.   

I'll see myself out.  lol

Edited by RabidFan
  • Like 4

So I was at the game today. Has to have been the strangest game day experience I ever had, there really were about 80% Dallas fans there. But I’ve been to two or three  games like that either the Steelers, and that Monday night massacre by the Eagles and Michael Vick, so I’m kinda used to that.  What was odd was the stripped down feeling the stadium had on the upper deck areas. It felt like a TJ Maxx that had just had its going out of business sale.

I get the feeling Harris is really going to clean house and tear some this **** out to the studs. Both the roster and the “amenities.” Granted will only be there for three or four years.  And all the obnoxious Dallas fans, whenever they scored or whatever I would look at them and cheer and yell “draft pick!!” which both confused them and shut them up.  For a few seconds at least.

8 hours ago, kfrankie said:

What was odd was the stripped down feeling the stadium had on the upper deck areas. It felt like a TJ Maxx that had just had its going out of business sale.

I haven't been in the upper level in 20 years. Obviously a lot of seats have been gone for a while. Were a lot of concession stands closed or something?

"Draft pick" is great, but we had the same one 4 years ago and now that guy is in SF and this team has been crap. Hopefully new ownership will do a better job. It'll be very hard to do worse.....

39 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I haven't been in the upper level in 20 years. Obviously a lot of seats have been gone for a while. Were a lot of concession stands closed or something?

"Draft pick" is great, but we had the same one 4 years ago and now that guy is in SF and this team has been crap. Hopefully new ownership will do a better job. It'll be very hard to do worse.....

So a little history here.... My dad was from out of state, put himself on the season ticket list in 1973 at RFK when he finished college in DC.  He put my brother and I on the list when we were born (1978 and 1980).  We did not get season tickets until FedEx Field opened in 1999, and were originally in the upper deck with 4 tickets. So there was a waiting list of some sort, and my dad didn't get tickets until 26 years later.  We used to get tickets at RFK from a well-off family friend behind the goal posts, and were able to go to both 1991 playoff games with my Dad.  We saved our seat cushions from the Falcons game. We left early in the 4th quarter because it was raining and miserable, don't think my dad will forgive me for that one.

After getting our tickets in the upper deck, about 6 or 7 years later we moved down to the lower bowl "obstructed view" seats. Those seats sucked, so we decided to go back to the upper deck after a couple years.  The seats we had in the upper we removed in ~2013, so we moved to first row of the upper deck, corner of the endzone, and stayed there until about 2017. By that time my brother and i owned the 4 seats, he was out of town, I was too busy and the guy I had been selling half my season ticket plan to backed out. So I gave up the tickets.

I've found my way to maybe 5 games since then, all in the upper deck. I bought tickets in September for the Cowboys game for myself, my two kids, and my dad (who is now elderly) thinking it might be important.  My dad even brought 2 of the old yellow seat cushions from the Falcons game.  Tailgated in the Red Zone lot for 4 hours.

So to answer your question, things were just sort of shuttered, based on my recollection of the setup.  Right outside my section there were two concession counters, which didn't have what my kids wanted, so I continued to walk around the stadium for about 10 sections. Then I stopped and walked back because some counters were closed, and the ones that were open didn't even remotely resemble a normal snack bar. They were only selling like 3 kinds of beer (Bud Light was stacked to the brim in some self service fridges, who knows how old that was). They used to sell Coors Light (my dad's favorite) and others name brands too, but not anymore. I think you could get a craft beer somewhere maybe in the ****tail line.  The places that were open had shortages of everything, so it was like we don't have pretzels, and what you see on the rack is all we have left.  Sort of like how Radio Shack was when it liquidated.  Also, the upper deck concourse sort looked like it was in disrepair, an escalator wasn't working before the game (that's happened before), etc. 

And as far as the Chase Young pick 4 years ago and this year's draft, I don't recall anyone criticizing the pick in the moment.  He was a top tier talent, supposed to be the next Bruce Smith. Rookie of the year, but then his play mysteriously took a nose dive and he had a devastating injury.  Turns out he'll probably be the next Jadeveon Clowney (which is ok I guess, but a huge disappointment here).  I really wish him well though, and was sad to see him go. No one was yelling for Justin Herbert at that spot.  In this year's draft, there are 2 top tier "franchise level QB talents," Drake Maye and Caleb Williams, available this year and the team will be getting one of them unless something pretty dramatic happens during post season workouts. In the moment, both are no-brainer picks.  There's actually about 5 no-brainer picks this year, with Daniels, the PSU left tackle, and Harrison Jr.  "Reports" are that all are top tier talents, maybe each could have gone #1 overall in previous years with weaker draft classes.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Metalhead said:

They were frauds the whole time. Even at 10-1 their point differential was only like +22.

I need to correct this, the Iggles were at +64 at that time...they were still crap lol.