Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs. The Dolphins ~ The One Where One Is Drowning

zCommander

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I have tickets to the Rams game and flying the family out for 49ers and Dallas. My son really wants to see the stadium so I can’t cancel but damn it’s gonna be rough with all the opposing fans and humiliation on the field to end the year. 

Same here. I'm flying from Virginia to go see this mess. Just gonna enjoy my trip days before this game.

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

You might actually be right. This team is pathetic. I picked us to go 5-12. We may not get there. 

We won't unless Dallas pulls their starters for game 17 which of course they will. But then again we'll probably still lose.

• Like 1

I am not sure about this being the worst Redskins/Commanders team in history. But I think it is clearly the worst defense I have ever watched in my life. And I am 55. The part that makes it so frustrating to me is the draft investment made on that side of the ball. Ron Rivera is not only a bad coach. He is a worse GM.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KDawg said:

Not really this year. There aren’t a lot of quality FA. Even the prelim FA list is bare and that doesn’t include guys who re-sign yet.

Build the lines. When it’s time make a bold move and go and get your guy in the draft. 

We've danced this dance far too long. We've had the Scherff's, the Williams, the Youngs, the Sweats. We haven't had a truly elite tier QB, if there's a shot we can get one, we have to act period.

Now if there isn't a road to what we believe to be a truly elite QB then by all means have at it with a lineman in the first round, I love that Alt kid for example, but simply disregarding any potential improvement at QB because the time isn't right is odd.

• Thumb down 1

Dolphins are seriously one of the worst animals. They seem like they're just dumb fish that rape and fight all the time, but they have huge brains. Way bigger than ours.

It's like the only thing that makes our society seem like a success. Sort of. Bigger brained doplhins, notorious for rape and violence never invented currency.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Hooper said:

If our new GM and coach, think they should draft a QB, fine. Just as long as EB is nowhere in the picture .

We need to get a decent OL in the draft.  Tom Brady couldn’t play behind this line.  Blaming Howell is ridiculous .  He has zero chance of being successful and a huge chance of getting injured. You can almost see his ego deflate as the game goes on….and who blames him?  He’s getting killed out there….again.   I’d love to see Ron fired today.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Dolphins are seriously one of the worst animals. They seem like they're just dumb fish that rape and fight all the time, but they have huge brains. Way bigger than ours.

It's like the only thing that makes our society seem like a success. Sort of. Bigger brained doplhins, notorious for rape and violence never invented currency.

Imagine if they ever discover beer.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

You obviously don't know that I'm a strong supporter of Howell,  but I dont have on beer goggles on either.  

What do you think about the O lines performance today? Wylie has played like pure ass.  He has missed blocks, and people were actually posting, "oh way to go Howell" when the only reason he was caught up is because Wylie missed yet another block.  I know you are supportive of Howell, but when you go game to game and you continue to have O line players miss blocks and act as literal human turnstiles, you cannot blame it on Howell.  Also, something I have noticed this year, our receivers do not get separation, and quite a few dropped balls that have been well placed.  I just think we so many other needs other than QB.

And I do not know you evaluate him effectively with the product we are putting on the field. This team is one of the worst Skins teams I have ever watched.  And if the dis-ease of this team continues and they get rid of Howell, I will guarantee, he will excel if he gets protection and has a decent receivers corp, and RB. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

hitchhikersguidetothegalaxy-dolphin.gif

• Sad 1

I'm certainly not a Rivera or JDR apologist, but many continue to underappreciate the interaction of coaching talent and player ability. Buddy Ryan couldn't fix this defense, but it sure would be entertaining. There are few to no defensive players that would be sorely missed in a much needed rebuild.

Just now, skinsmania123 said:

What do you think about the O lines performance today? Wylie has played like pure ass.  He has missed blocks, and people were actually posting, "oh way to go Howell" when the only reason he was caught up is because Wylie missed yet another block.  I know you are supportive of Howell, but when you go game to game and you continue to have O line players miss blocks and act as literal human turnstiles, you cannot blame it on Howell.  Also, something I have noticed this year, our receivers do not get separation, and quite a few dropped balls that have been well placed.  I just think we so many other needs other than QB.

And I do not know you evaluate him effectively with the product we are putting on the field. This team is one of the worst Skins teams I have ever watched.  And if the dis-ease of this team continues and they get rid of Howell, I will guarantee, he will excel if he gets protection and has a decent receivers corp, and RB. 

Oline players are bad but the O line coaching also ca not be overlooked. They look lost as a unit out there at times.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

We've danced this dance far too long. We've had the Scherff's, the Williams, the Youngs, the Sweats. We haven't had a truly elite tier QB, if there's a shot we can get one, we have to act period.

Now if there isn't a road to what we believe to be a truly elite QB then by all means have at it with a lineman in the first round, I love that Alt kid for example, but simply disregarding any potential improvement at QB because the time isn't right is odd.

It doesn’t help that I don’t believe Williams or Maye are the answer.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, PolarExpress said:

We need to get a decent OL in the draft.  Tom Brady couldn’t play behind this line.  Blaming Howell is ridiculous .  He has zero chance of being successful and a huge chance of getting injured. You can almost see his ego deflate as the game goes on….and who blames him?  He’s getting killed out there….again.   I’d love to see Ron fired